RS7 APR Reflash....

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 552 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
W8PMC
Cruising

Re: RS7 APR Reflash....

Post by W8PMC » Fri May 09, 2014 9:59 am

VARSITY wrote:I am not taking my car down any drag strip.

Unless of course the Canuck puts the money up for breakages.

What a pointless, cock waiving pile of sh1te activity, unless of course your car is built for that activity. In the real world, who actually drives flat out from 0-130 or to a 1/4 mile?

I have my cars tuned for drivability, not for what everyone else wants to see silly numbers. After all its my money and my enjoyment, not yours unless of course you will pay the cost if it breaks?

Cheers
Exactly that:)

I see no point or enjoyment from repeatadly launching my car (undue strain on many critical components) down a 1/4 mile drag strip, especially as any muppet can drive quickly in a straight line with little/no driving ability.

I'd much rather exploit my & my cars ability on a track where i'm applying some skill, knowledge, experience & truly using all of my cars capabilities. This for me is far more valuable & enjoyable.

TBH, i take all tuners claims with a pinch of salt as all/any figures can be manipulated to serve a purpose as the benchmark 'transmission losses' can be portrayed as pretty much any %age you request.
Paul
03 Black AmD Stage3 C5 RS6 Saloon (Sold)
05 Blue DMS E60 M5 (Sold)
07 Blue DMS B7 RS4 Saloon (Sold)
10 White Nissan R35 GT-R Premium Edition SVM Stage 4 (Sold)
12 White D4 A8 TDi SE Executive (Sold)
14 Grey LCi F10 M5 (Rejected)
14 Blue DMS Stage 2 LCi F10 M5 (Sold)
17 Grey FFRR Autobiography (Rejected)
17 Black D4 A8 TDi Black Edition (Sold)
18 White APR Stage 2 Golf R 7.5 Estate

W8PMC
Cruising

Post by W8PMC » Fri May 09, 2014 10:02 am

VARSITY wrote:
sakimano wrote:
VARSITY wrote:Whilst away in Germany at the weekend, I visited a few friends at Raeder, Frikadeli, Black Falcon and Capricorn and surprise, they all have dynos.

So, why aren't they using the A61 Koln to Koblenz Autobahn or doing it on the Bitburg 026 runway and a VBox instead? Surely they are doing it all wrong then?

Cheers
Have you listened to NOTHING I have posted in this thread?

I did not say the dyno has no use. Certainly tuners can use it for their development. My favourite tuning company JHM uses the dyno.

So to recap for you, I said the dyno is a dangerous marketing tool because:

1. it can be manipulated to tell the market whatever the operator wants it to thus enables unsavoury companies to operate with impunity in the marketplace
2. it doesn't reflect how a car accelerates in the real world...it reflects how it performs in one gear on a loaded up dyno

If you want to refute those statements, the crux of my argument for this entire thread, I welcome it.

Remember, I initially brought up the ridiculousness of using dyno numbers to compare because a guy in the UK was comparing MRC's RS7 dyno numbers to APR's RS7 dyno numbers. That's when I mentioned my preference for a standardized acceleration test, be it a certified dragstrip or a PBOX etc. But to compare one companies dyno result to another company's result using two completely different types of dynos is INSANE. Hell, to use two of the exact same model is insane because of the number of operator adjustable parameters.
You really are an arrogant prick.

Manipulation of mapping, for short use to enable higher than stable or acceptable outputs for the sake of marketing is something we know exists.

Its a known that when many high performance cars are delivered to Auto Journalists they are not in 'std' form, or are you that wet behind the ears?

Do you seriously believe that all tuners are equal, that all dynos are equal and more importantly that on the day of the VBox or 1/4 mile that the temps, track and drivers are all the same?

My original gripe with you is that the dyno is a good way of measuring the gains on a car as it is tuned, not the final figure or the performance.

I cannot believe any tuner does the FMIC then goes to a 1/4 mile, comes back and then changes the exhaust, goes back to the track and so on.

This could go on for days as you listen as much as my dog does, at least he can lick his balls and is useful.

Now do as the others suggested and fu6k off to somewhere else.
Mine too, in fact he's almost licked them clean off this morning :bigblink:
Paul
03 Black AmD Stage3 C5 RS6 Saloon (Sold)
05 Blue DMS E60 M5 (Sold)
07 Blue DMS B7 RS4 Saloon (Sold)
10 White Nissan R35 GT-R Premium Edition SVM Stage 4 (Sold)
12 White D4 A8 TDi SE Executive (Sold)
14 Grey LCi F10 M5 (Rejected)
14 Blue DMS Stage 2 LCi F10 M5 (Sold)
17 Grey FFRR Autobiography (Rejected)
17 Black D4 A8 TDi Black Edition (Sold)
18 White APR Stage 2 Golf R 7.5 Estate

S4Player
Top Gear

Post by S4Player » Fri May 09, 2014 11:06 am

VARSITY wrote:I will borrow a friends RS6 and get the VBox out and see what the results are this weekend as a curiosity.

Although I think we need an external arial?

Cheers
Should be ok without it mate, will you run yours as comparison?
1*** hp TTE C6 rs6 saloon and the ultimate WB B5

VARSITY
4th Gear

Post by VARSITY » Sat May 10, 2014 10:11 am

I think I am going to run the Leaf at the 'Pod' in a week or so.

Should be fun.
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Sat May 10, 2014 10:22 am

VARSITY wrote:I think I am going to run the Leaf at the 'Pod' in a week or so.

Should be fun.
Do you have a 1/4 mile extension cord?
No matter where you go, there you are.

chunky79
Cruising

Post by chunky79 » Sat May 10, 2014 10:46 am

How about connecting a 1/8 mile extension cord at the finish line, and hook it up to the car at the start line. You could use it like a bunjee cord. That would screw up the 1/4 mile theory!
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

VARSITY
4th Gear

Post by VARSITY » Sun May 11, 2014 7:03 pm

Im going to say this in a public forum, but I am test driving a Tesla S P85 next week and as it stands, think I may just go for one.

Until you drive an electric car, don't knock it.
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

doodlebug
Cruising

Post by doodlebug » Sun May 11, 2014 7:21 pm

Electric drive is OK. Battery tech is still a problem, and getting the materials to make the batteries is pretty grim from an environmental perspective.

Tesla didn't have a great record for reliability, has that changed?

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Sun May 11, 2014 8:43 pm

The Model S is very interesting... On paper. I'd really like to try one to see if they're as good as everyone says. If I could justify it, it'd make a great company car with all the incentives. They even look good. Not convinced about the hugemunguous touch screen in the dash though.
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

VARSITY
4th Gear

Post by VARSITY » Wed May 14, 2014 12:49 pm

Shoppinit wrote:The Model S is very interesting... On paper. I'd really like to try one to see if they're as good as everyone says. If I could justify it, it'd make a great company car with all the incentives. They even look good. Not convinced about the hugemunguous touch screen in the dash though.
Love the avatar, the plate is from Cochem near the Ring.

Cheers
Last edited by VARSITY on Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VARSITY
4th Gear

Post by VARSITY » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:01 pm

Right, time to stick my oar in again.

Are there any APR tuned RS6/7 cars actually here in the UK that would be willing to 1/4 mile their car?

I am really interested to actually see one go down the strip and do this 10.69 time @129mph.

Or are there any links to show customers own cars doing these times.

Just out of interest.

Cheers

Golfather
Cruising

Post by Golfather » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:12 am

Thats VERY impressive.. if true ;)

M1R XE
4th Gear

Post by M1R XE » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:58 am

That is unreal and i believe it 100% APR is a big worldwide known company with some of the best software. I can understand why some people may not but i do and think that its a very capable car and whats not to believe. Im pretty sure the RS6 will be able to do the same we don' :biggrin3: t know how many times they tried to get a good reaction time etc nothing to be shocked about these are ridiculously quick cars and with the right software and driver/conditions they'll be capable of them times all day long. And thats just the beginning im sure theres more things to come as of yet for these cars.

Chesterfield
2nd Gear

Post by Chesterfield » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:17 am

Several questions from a soon to be owner...

1) is this (or similar) available from anyone in the UK
2) will that company provide a warranty on the engine not destroying itself (like Lichfield do on the GT-R)
3) will this also work on the RS6
4) would it be wise tomuorate the clutch to deal with this upgrade, and if so, with what?

VARSITY
4th Gear

Post by VARSITY » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:00 am

Golfather wrote:

Thats VERY impressive.. if true ;)
I am sure its true, just want to see it do this on genuine 93Ron in this country.

If APR can stand behind this then brilliant, that is really an amazing job.

Lets just see if that ever happens though.

Cheers

Return to “RS7 (4G) 2013-2019”