Spongy C7 S6 Avant brakes

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 420 bhp
alangjones
2nd Gear

Spongy C7 S6 Avant brakes

Post by alangjones » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:04 pm

Advice please.
My September 2014 S6 Avant has just had the brake fluid changed at 30150 miles. The brakes are now very spongy, I can, with firm foot pressure, get the pedal to the floor. There is quite a bit of travel before the brakes bite. Tried some emergency stops and would not like to do this for real. In the old days I remember master cylinder seals going gave this feeling. I wonder whether there could be a servo problem. Audi have bled and re-bled after the fluid change. Pumping up the brakes several times only makes them a small bit firmer.
Audi will be taking it back in next week and it is drive-able with care, no heavy right foot though. Has anyone any ideas as to what might be the problem.
Cheers All and thanks
rs999 on Blues and 2's

pez81
Neutral

Re: Spongy C7 S6 Avant brakes

Post by pez81 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:30 am

alangjones wrote:Advice please.
My September 2014 S6 Avant has just had the brake fluid changed at 30150 miles. The brakes are now very spongy, I can, with firm foot pressure, get the pedal to the floor. There is quite a bit of travel before the brakes bite. Tried some emergency stops and would not like to do this for real. In the old days I remember master cylinder seals going gave this feeling. I wonder whether there could be a servo problem. Audi have bled and re-bled after the fluid change. Pumping up the brakes several times only makes them a small bit firmer.
Audi will be taking it back in next week and it is drive-able with care, no heavy right foot though. Has anyone any ideas as to what might be the problem.
Cheers All and thanks
I had this same issue. I put it down to the new pads.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MikeFish
Cruising

Re: Spongy C7 S6 Avant brakes

Post by MikeFish » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:52 am

I had the same on my RS. Felt like they needed bleeding but garage said they tried it a few times. After a week or so they went back to normal. I assume it was a bit of air that needed to make it's way out.

Return to “S6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2012-2018”