Audi Extended warranty and servicing with indepedents

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
drbru
3rd Gear

Audi Extended warranty and servicing with indepedents

Post by drbru » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:43 am

So im trying to avoid the Audi dealer network as much as I can unless I need specific warranty work carried out and Im hoping someone like MRC can carry out all of my servicing needs. Audi said that my warranty will be maintained as long as genuine parts are used and the schedule is maintained through an independent...I was very surprised to hear this and Ill keep this email stored safely should they ever try to deny a warranty claim because the car doesn't have audi service history

Wondering if anyone else does the same thing as Id say this is quite a result

( I also have another email from them confirming that having a Miltek cat back won't invalidate the extended warranty so thats another email banked as well)

Wattsm666
1st Gear

Re: Audi Extended warranty and servicing with indepedents

Post by Wattsm666 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:12 am

That isn’t my understanding, thought under normal warranty that was the position but extended it has to stay in the network.

drbru
3rd Gear

Post by drbru » Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:45 am

that was what I thought and why im surprised...Hence ill be banking this email in case of any problems in the future

wildbore
4th Gear

Post by wildbore » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:27 pm

Is it worth the hassle? At the end of the day, when you need to make a claim, if you have had all the services done within the Audi dealer network, you can kick back, relax, and look forward to getting our car back hassle-free. But if you went independent, Audi will be trawling over that service record and examining everything to find something that was done wrongly. You might view this as Audi trying to shirk their responsibility; Audi will view this as trying to avoid a multi-thousand ££ claim arising from an independent mechanic failing to do their job properly in the last service. Either way you look at it, it is grief you don't need.

drbru
3rd Gear

Post by drbru » Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:54 pm

you raise a very valid point but the problem ive got is that i only seem to be reading negative stuff about audi dealers across the country.

If anyone knows any decent dealers in the South East area incl London/Hertfordshire/Bucks im more than happy to use them even if it means paying more than an independent

wildbore
4th Gear

Post by wildbore » Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:11 pm

Audi Guildford is fine (not that close to you as it's Surrey, though). Been with them for 7 years for everything, including tyres (they seem happy to almost price match all the competitors, and the convenience of getting tyres done while other work is being done far outweighs the extra £20 per tyre they usually charge). They are not always perfect but, when I had a problem with my front brake calipers (pins seized in - big time) they stepped up to the plate and got it sorted for me at no charge, which was the right thing to do. I have also taken my own discs along previously (they are fine with that as long as the parts you take are genuine Audi - they won't fit Brembo parts even though they are Brembo brakes, but that is fair enough).

Piece
Neutral

Post by Piece » Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:28 pm

I have very good experience of Guildford Audi and just had my first (minor) warranty claim for aircon pressure sensor processed without quibble.

RobRS
2nd Gear

Post by RobRS » Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:18 pm

I use an Audi Independent since 2003(owned & run by an Ex Audi master tech) for servicing my RS7 PE & my wife's RS3 both covered under Audi extended warranty.
All OE parts are used including service history updated on Audi erWin system.
I have never had any issues with any warranty claims or resale values as a result of using an Audi independent.

I think the key point here is, so long as the services are done when due, the Audi independent uses OE parts & the services records are updated on the Audi erWin system, you shouldn't have any issues with warranty claims!

HTH?
Rob

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" double spoke black wheels with MPS4's Tyres | Parking Pack | Advanced Key with hands free boot opening | Audi Connect | Audi phone box with wireless charging | Audi smartphone interface | Dynamic pack | Feature programing | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Dynamic Mirror Indicators | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

-TheJoker-
Neutral

Post by -TheJoker- » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:45 pm

I wouldn't use Audi Farnborough again, absolutely no care at all with how they treat customer cars - Audi independent that can update the history every time for me.
The 3 Audi dealers I've used seemed to follow the mantra of doing the bare minimum to charge you the maximum possible.

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”