Exhaust valve unplugging issues and questions

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
Saudirick
2nd Gear

Exhaust valve unplugging issues and questions

Post by Saudirick » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:58 pm

Im planning to unplug the exhaust valve plugs and fit some Milltek valve delete modules but has anybody who has done this (or just unplugged them) had any side effects? EML light for example? Are the vlaves only open/closed or variable in normal use? Ive heard from another forum that forcing the exhaust valve 'open' in basically the closed (02 sensor) loop area of the fuel map, then the % correction alteration of fuel can be in the 20% more injector duty to give the same AF ratio.

Or just better to leave well alone or fit an App controlled valve delete?

wildbore
4th Gear

Re: Exhaust valve unplugging issues and questions

Post by wildbore » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:52 pm

I've had them fitted for about three years, now. Absolutely no problems at all, and the car has had a few official Audi services in that time and there has been no mention of a diagnostic code being lodged, either.

When I first fitted them I was super-aware of the possibility of a change in fuel consumption but it made no difference at all. In fact, I am getting my best ever fuel consumption nowadays (nearly 30 on some journeys).

Sometimes, when you are on the motorway, you notice the rumble (it is only marginal) and think that it would be nice to go back to factory when the car was whisper quiet on motorway stretches, but it is counterbalanced by the fact that you can at least hear the engine at slow speeds in Comfort mode - it reminds you that you have a V8 even when you are manoeuvring around a car park. Easy to forget when so many journeys are just shopping runs at slow speed.

morski
3rd Gear

Post by morski » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:51 am

I had mine unplugged for a while and had no lights on the dash but scans would show up faults. Fitted the small generic delete modules and no errors in scans. Cant say i have noticed any difference in fuel economy but never expect it to any good anyway otherwise i wouldn't drive it
RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics & Lots more..
A6 BiTdi Avant
Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Power Tailgate, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds, Electric Steering Column, LED Sill Plates, Ambient Lighting Pack, High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Retrim

Tadass910
5th Gear

Post by Tadass910 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:12 am

morski wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:51 am
I had mine unplugged for a while and had no lights on the dash but scans would show up faults.
Hello, what error code when you scanned you got?

morski
3rd Gear

Post by morski » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:07 pm

got this error for valve 1 and same for 2 :
17875 - Exhaust Pressure Control Valve
P0475 00 [032] - Electrical Malfunction
RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics & Lots more..
A6 BiTdi Avant
Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Power Tailgate, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds, Electric Steering Column, LED Sill Plates, Ambient Lighting Pack, High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Retrim

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”