Buying a tuned c7 rs6

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
Pitty
Neutral

Buying a tuned c7 rs6

Post by Pitty » Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:44 pm

Hi everyone, I'm currently about to buy a 2014 rs6, it's stage 3 litchfield which is basically stage 2 everywhere else. It has pretty decent audi history amd 59k miles. It's been tuned for about 15000 miles roughly from what I can see. Should I be wary of buying such a car? The reg is DE14 PMO incase anyone recognises it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

wildbore
4th Gear

Re: Buying a tuned c7 rs6

Post by wildbore » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:56 am

From my point of view, it depends where you live. If you are in or near north Wales or Scotland, it will probably be awesome having all that extra grunt on hand to exploit on pristine, almost deserted roads with long views and sweeping bends. Brilliant.
If you live anywhere built up, like I do down south of London, your chances of stretching the engine of even the standard car are so few and far between that I can't see it is worth the premium paid or the possible reliability issues for the tuned car. Around here, you are as fast as the car in front because in front of that car there are another ten cars. At least.
The standard car is more than sufficient. I have friends with faster cars than the RS6 and we are all agreed that opportunities to exploit a performance car's true potential are almost non existent nowadays around this part of the country.

stuartbarriskell
4th Gear

Post by stuartbarriskell » Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:11 pm

Agree on the roads up here, I live at the foot of Loch Lomond, anything North of here is amazing, at 7am on a summers morning you've the road pretty much to yourself. The bike always takes precedence over my car tho lol..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Current stable: B8 RS4.
13 BMW HP4 Track/Road
21 BMW S1000RR Sold
04 ZX 10R Sold
MV Agusta Reparto Corse Sold
GoneB7 RS4
Gone B7 S4
Gone 1.8 T
Gone A3

Mav8
3rd Gear

Post by Mav8 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:53 am

stuartbarriskell wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:11 pm
Agree on the roads up here, I live at the foot of Loch Lomond, anything North of here is amazing, at 7am on a summers morning you've the road pretty much to yourself. The bike always takes precedence over my car tho lol..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Having just returned from Scotland,have to agree it’s awesome especially north of Inverness.
RS3- Sepang
Gone
F80-M3
B7-RS4
B5-RS4

Pitty
Neutral

Post by Pitty » Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:32 pm

Hi sorry just seen these replies. I totally get what you say, I live on the outskirts of Bristol which is pretty rural with some nice roads. I've always tuned cars and tried maximising potential which some times has worked out well, sometimes not so great. For example I'm driving a stage 2 cla45 amg at the moment and it's been brilliant, before that I had a 550bhp 335i which was constantly chucking issues, I'm hoping a tuned c7 rs6 is more like my cla45 which handles the extra power well. From what I've read, they're pretty bullet proof if you let them warm up/ cool down and regularly service. But then I've read on here about turbo failures, engine failure, transmission failure and I'm thinking maybe they aren't so bullet proof!

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”