DRC refill

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
stuartbarriskell
4th Gear

Re: DRC refill

Post by stuartbarriskell » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:12 am

? What you needing to know ?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Current stable: B8 RS4.
13 BMW HP4 Track/Road
21 BMW S1000RR Sold
04 ZX 10R Sold
MV Agusta Reparto Corse Sold
GoneB7 RS4
Gone B7 S4
Gone 1.8 T
Gone A3

Tadass910
5th Gear

Post by Tadass910 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:13 am

stuartbarriskell wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:12 am
? What you needing to know ?

All good m8, was just checking your previous post and answered)

stuartbarriskell
4th Gear

Post by stuartbarriskell » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:29 pm

Ah ok mate, no problem.. anything else just give me a shout..

S

13 BMW HP4 Track/Road
21 BMW S1000RR Sold
04 ZX 10R Sold
GoneB7 RS4
Gone B7 S4
Gone 1.8 T
Gone A3

Tadass910
5th Gear

Post by Tadass910 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:44 pm

After visit at Audi they said it’s normal) so don’t know what to do, but the sound still there not always but sometimes. Audi said that they checked and no damaged parts) sometimes I am wondering maybe I am too paranoid or I should not trust Audi center and visit another, do they even know what to look for

stuartbarriskell
4th Gear

Post by stuartbarriskell » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:50 pm

I just listened to your clips, tbh they are way too short to diagnose anything properly.

There was no mistaking that mine was a suspension based rattle/clunk..

Might be an idea to record it as best you can for a longer period mate then post that up..

13 BMW HP4 Track/Road
21 BMW S1000RR Sold
04 ZX 10R Sold
GoneB7 RS4
Gone B7 S4
Gone 1.8 T
Gone A3

super7
1st Gear

Post by super7 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:04 am

Tadass910 wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:44 pm
After visit at Audi they said it’s normal) so don’t know what to do, but the sound still there not always but sometimes. Audi said that they checked and no damaged parts) sometimes I am wondering maybe I am too paranoid or I should not trust Audi center and visit another, do they even know what to look for

I’ve had it on my RS4 and RS6. It’s only a faint sound but annoying. It does go away the higher the pressure in the system and noisier as it drops. More apparent in comfort too.

Master Tech at Audi said it’s very normal for DRC cars. If it’s anything more than a light knock then I’d be concerned. Once had a DRC leak on my RS4 and it sounded like pots and pans being banged together.

Tadass910
5th Gear

Post by Tadass910 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:31 pm

super7 wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:04 am
Tadass910 wrote:

I’ve had it on my RS4 and RS6. It’s only a faint sound but annoying. It does go away the higher the pressure in the system and noisier as it drops. More apparent in comfort too.

Master Tech at Audi said it’s very normal for DRC cars. If it’s anything more than a light knock then I’d be concerned. Once had a DRC leak on my RS4 and it sounded like pots and pans being banged together.
Well I think I do t have any leak on my drc, but Audi should diagnose pressure in a system if I ask, but maybe they didn’t understood what I meant about that sound: I explained when I was at Audi that I have pop sound on both right and left front sides when turning steering wheel to the left or right especially when car is not in a horizontal position (one wheel higher and another lower) but never mind, I will try to monitor and see what happens next, as Audi sais it’s normal that it makes noise
stuartbarriskell wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:50 pm
I just listened to your clips, tbh they are way too short to diagnose anything properly.

Might be an idea to record it as best you can for a longer period mate then post that up..

It’s very hard to capture that sound when you inside a car and drive, what I noticed that with winter tires I get not so noisy sound but with summer tires it sounds more, maybe it’s just me and not makes sense

morski
3rd Gear

Post by morski » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:59 pm

I have no noise at all on my drc. What i thought 'was' drc noise turned out to be the arb links.
RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics & Lots more..
A6 BiTdi Avant
Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Power Tailgate, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds, Electric Steering Column, LED Sill Plates, Ambient Lighting Pack, High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Retrim

stuartbarriskell
4th Gear

Post by stuartbarriskell » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:28 am

Tadass910 wrote:
super7 wrote:
Tadass910 wrote:

Well I think I do t have any leak on my drc, but Audi should diagnose pressure in a system if I ask, but maybe they didn’t understood what I meant about that sound: I explained when I was at Audi that I have pop sound on both right and left front sides when turning steering wheel to the left or right especially when car is not in a horizontal position (one wheel higher and another lower) but never mind, I will try to monitor and see what happens next, as Audi sais it’s normal that it makes noise
stuartbarriskell wrote:

It’s very hard to capture that sound when you inside a car and drive, what I noticed that with winter tires I get not so noisy sound but with summer tires it sounds more, maybe it’s just me and not makes sense
If the clips are representative of the "noise," I would suggest it's not your DRC.

If the DRC requires to he repressurised the "noise," is unmistakably shock absorber/suspension related.

It is NOT normal to have the DRC rattle and bang, the "they all do that" is a load of <beep>, that's a throw away comment from a guy who heard it from another guy.. as if they left the factory like that, you know what I'm saying ?

Morski's opening statement says it all...

13 BMW HP4 Track/Road
21 BMW S1000RR Sold
04 ZX 10R Sold
GoneB7 RS4
Gone B7 S4
Gone 1.8 T
Gone A3

Tadass910
5th Gear

Post by Tadass910 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:26 am

morski wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:59 pm
I have no noise at all on my drc. What i thought 'was' drc noise turned out to be the arb links.
I also think it’s arb links, but they didn’t checked that, don’t know what to do, it’s a little bit annoying when you go to Audi and they can’t find anything neither any noise anything
stuartbarriskell wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:28 am
Tadass910 wrote:
super7 wrote:

stuartbarriskell wrote:

If the clips are representative of the "noise," I would suggest it's not your DRC.

If the DRC requires to he repressurised the "noise," is unmistakably shock absorber/suspension related.

It is NOT normal to have the DRC rattle and bang, the "they all do that" is a load of <beep>, that's a throw away comment from a guy who heard it from another guy.. as if they left the factory like that, you know what I'm saying ?

Morski's opening statement says it all...

As morski wrote I think it can be a arb links but Audi couldn’t diagnose that, so I think I should go to them and point this picture asking please check ONLY ARB LINKS
Attachments
4516C92E-9752-4965-B1E6-B197BE9342EC.jpeg

stuartbarriskell
4th Gear

Post by stuartbarriskell » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:25 am

Jump into a reputable garage mate and ask for their opinion.

13 BMW HP4 Track/Road
21 BMW S1000RR Sold
04 ZX 10R Sold
GoneB7 RS4
Gone B7 S4
Gone 1.8 T
Gone A3

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”