Water puddle under the car

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
drbru
3rd Gear

Water puddle under the car

Post by drbru » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:58 pm

I’m pretty sure that this is water from the ac unit as I’ve only noticed it when hot outside and the ac blasting but wanting to check as my rs6 is new to me

Seems to be dripping towards the rear of the engine bay on the passenger side and seems to be sometimes dripping onto something hot as it sizzles.

Is this likely to be water from the ac unit or some kind of drainage pipe in this location?

Hoping the answer is yes! It’s not a massive puddle but enough for me to notice

Thanks

morski
3rd Gear

Re: Water puddle under the car

Post by morski » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:46 pm

Have you done the taste test?
AC drain is located at the front of the trans tunnel pretty much where you have described. Pipe is behind the heat shield so might be coming through one of the shield's mounting holes onto the exhaust.
RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics & Lots more..
A6 BiTdi Avant
Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Power Tailgate, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds, Electric Steering Column, LED Sill Plates, Ambient Lighting Pack, High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Retrim

drbru
3rd Gear

Post by drbru » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:21 am

I should taste to see if it’s water??

morski
3rd Gear

Post by morski » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:12 am

No please dont... It was a joke.
RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics & Lots more..
A6 BiTdi Avant
Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Power Tailgate, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds, Electric Steering Column, LED Sill Plates, Ambient Lighting Pack, High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Retrim

drbru
3rd Gear

Post by drbru » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:01 pm

Well I actually took you seriously because loads of other people recommend doing the same lol!?

Urbanpixels
1st Gear

Post by Urbanpixels » Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:38 pm

taste test always an easy winner, will tell you if its coolant or oil, obviously don't put a lot in and swallow lol

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”