Anyone know this car from Huddersfield Audi? FV16OJC

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
Diddy_p
Neutral

Anyone know this car from Huddersfield Audi? FV16OJC

Post by Diddy_p » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:22 am

Hey
I've noticed this car has been for sale for ages, got sold last month and returned back to the dealer! Does anyone know the history or what's up?

Am looking for a similar car but have seen this one around for ages, reg FV16OJC

https://usedcars.audi.co.uk/usedcar/aud ... ICE_SALE,U

Rich85
Neutral

Re: Anyone know this car from Huddersfield Audi? FV16OJC

Post by Rich85 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:52 pm

Hi there

I had put a deposit down for this car late March. They are my local dealer and had seen it on the forecourt a couple of times and it kept luring me in.

I test drove the car which was fantastic but at 97K miles I wanted a full Audi warranty with it but that only covers up to 100K miles so regrettably I took the tough decision not to purchase it and luckily another one arrived there in stock which I ended up purchasing instead.

They had just replaced all 4 tyres on it and I believe the brakes had been done too. There was a slight crack in the paint on the front bumper which they said they were going to sort out. Other than that it seemed a fantastic car and plenty of optional extras on it too such as 360 cams and pan roof which I wish I had on mine.

I think the mileage and warranty aspect is maybe why it has hung around for a while, the sytner warranty only covers up to 4K - that’s not much buffer on an RS6! At 39500 though (now) is a tempting price for someone looking for a main dealer RS6 and particular one that’s a performance model with loads of extras

Diddy_p
Neutral

Post by Diddy_p » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:38 am

Thanks for the message bud. Just looked into it, there's also a (41-87k) black hole in the service history, plus all the other points you mention re warranty, Mileage etc and its probably still not worth it... More peace of mind spending more or getting something with lower miles and full audi warranty.

I'm surprised they don't shift it in the sytner trade auction!

Rich85
Neutral

Post by Rich85 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:51 am

Yea the 41k to 87k was supposedly the owner travelling from Newcastle to Greetland each day for work. Must have had some deep pockets for the fuel. I did check the service history and was in order.

As you mention surprised this hasn’t gone to sytner auction sooner but I wonder if it was bought in when prices were high. I remember seeing this car on for £47K when it hit their site and I put a deposit on it when it was down at £44K.

Audi warranty is a must on these, I’ve already had the oil separator recall done and a DRC recharge!

Diddy_p
Neutral

Post by Diddy_p » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:23 pm

Thanks for the response!

Thinking it through, the car is still not worth it - in the grand scheme of things spending a bit more on a non performance car with a straightforward history and far fewer miles is a better bet, or even about 10ish k more for a PE again with fewer miles and a proper audi warranty (or buy one separately)

Also, imagine the aggro associated with trying to sell this thing some years down the line.

They should really firesale it via the Sytner Auction! Either that or theyre waiting for a buyer who isnt fastidious to come along and buy it. my (basic) questions must have scared them off.

the search continues...

Watch3r
Neutral

Post by Watch3r » Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:51 pm

Hi guys ,
What a surprise , i'm browsing the forum and found a thread about a car i just bought .
Although not from Audi and i have 3y no mileage limit warranty ;)

Owned couple Audis one of them has 220k miles on the clock have it for 6 years an no issues :) so high mileage doesn't scare me .
Service history is sound so no reasons to avoid , ill update you on any issues .

Rich85
Neutral

Post by Rich85 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:05 pm

Ah now then, where did you pick this up from?

To be fair when I test drove that car it seemed fine but I couldn’t take the risk. Interestingly when I spoke to my buddy down at Hudds, before it went to auction it had come back with a few issues to be fixed, one of them was the high pressure fuel pumps. I believe it also had the oil strainers done too. So you have probably got a car now that has had most failure points done and will be fine

Hope you enjoy the car, it was certainly hard to turn it down because it has a fantastic spec and being a performance model too

Diddy_p
Neutral

Post by Diddy_p » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:25 am

Hey!
At the final price drop (when it went up at 39ish k), I tried to put down a deposit but got beaten to it by someone else. Even as a sytner select from an audi dealer it would have been a straight car I'm sure.

I saw this car come up for sale privately recently around yorks/Bradford iirc for a couple more k than it was purchased for at the main dealer!

Either way I'm sure now that all the major work is done its a proper car and has a good spec to boot. Hope you enjoy it!

Rich85
Neutral

Post by Rich85 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:23 pm

@Diddy have you managed to find one yet?

Diddy_p
Neutral

Post by Diddy_p » Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:59 pm

In the end I bought something completely different, a BMW 1M Coupe!

Rich85
Neutral

Post by Rich85 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:43 pm

Fair play mate and hope you enjoy, bet it is great fun to drive. Residuals are mega on those

Diddy_p
Neutral

Post by Diddy_p » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:29 am

Thanks.
It was a semi-impulse purchase to be honest, partly because I got a stonking (probably incorrect) valuation on my E46 M3, but in larger part due to the 1M itself. As soon as I drove it I fully understood what the hype was about (I was dubious beforehand). In a nutshell it's a proper, no nonsense driving enthusiasts car - a nice link between BMW Ms of old and New, not much else drives quite like it. Plus, kids fit in the back so it gets a semi thumbs up! This year I'll prob get a cheapo estate to go alongside as I still need something reasonably practical.

Prices seem to be softening across the board with performance cars hopefully I'll find a decent warm estate to go alongside the 1M.

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”