Recall Oil Strainer Turbos - Recall code 21H7

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
ShaneyB
Top Gear

Re: Recall Oil Strainer Turbos - Recall code 21H7

Post by ShaneyB » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:15 pm

Chrismac13 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:00 pm
Chrismac13 wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:05 am
Chrismac13 wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 11:49 am
Just a quick follow up on my car. Audi UK have confirmed a recall but apparantley it doesn't cover my car. It only applies to a handful of RS6 & RS7 with the oil strainers made by a certain manufacturer, which doesnt make sense. So now after a week of diagnostics Audi have requested the spark plugs be changed as they were due so no issue there, but they are no stating it could be the fuel injectors. What are the chances of 4 fuel injectors all failing at the same time? Problem being its an engine out job to change them so thats about 4K in labour alone + whatever parts costs.
Looks like I will be massively out of pocket at the end of this.
Unbelieveably I have received the recall letter yesterday, my car has been off the road for 8 weeks now. No idea how Audi are going to do this as they cant just change the parts & get the car going again. I have logged an official complaint with Audi Uk & the ombudsman, so will see what Audi they have to say when they can be bothered to get in touch.
Audi have to the worst I have ever dealt with.
Just a follow up, my vehicle has been into Audi for the recall work. Both turbos are damaged beyond repair due to the blocked strainers. New turbos have been ordered but they are on backorder with no delivery date. Audi haven't even bothered to offer a courtesy vehicle
So I have been without my car for 4 months & now possibley another god knows how long until it is fixed.
Crikey, piss poor there's no courtesy car.
Shane

Current
2017 C7 Nardo RS6 Performance

Gone:
C43 AMG Coupe
Black E92 M3
Daytona B7 RS4 Saloon
B6 S4 Saloon Tip
B5 S4 Avant
8L S3
Lexus IS 200
Vauxhall Cavalier 1.8 lsi
Vauxhall Astra 1.6l
Fiat Uno Turbo
Fiat 127 Sport
Ford Cortina MK5
Opel Kadett

ShaneyB
Top Gear

Post by ShaneyB » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:18 pm

ShaneyB wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:16 am
Mine goes in tomorrow to Amersham and I have been told up to 2 days. :audibash:
Should have said when this happened but I took a day off as no courtesy car was available and went to Amersham Audi. Sat there 15 minuites and was then told they already had two in for the work and couldn't do mine depsite me calling the day before to check everything was in order. They offered me the free car app device to help appease me. :drink:

Booked back in for September now but with a courtesy car and they've said it could take a week.....
Shane

Current
2017 C7 Nardo RS6 Performance

Gone:
C43 AMG Coupe
Black E92 M3
Daytona B7 RS4 Saloon
B6 S4 Saloon Tip
B5 S4 Avant
8L S3
Lexus IS 200
Vauxhall Cavalier 1.8 lsi
Vauxhall Astra 1.6l
Fiat Uno Turbo
Fiat 127 Sport
Ford Cortina MK5
Opel Kadett

Amjid
Neutral

Post by Amjid » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:10 am

Hi All,

Just a warning, I had my recall competed on the 29th July, after 3hrs over a 10 day period noticed a high pitched sound coming from around the Turbo area. Plugged in a OBD11 reader and it showed a vacuum leak and straight away engine light came on. Took car back to dealer where the work was done in the morning and by 5pm they sent me a video saying that the positive crank case breather was faulty and the charge to replace is £1443 Inc VAT. At this stage the car was only driven for 3.5hrs over this period and covered 178 miles, 112 was to a holiday in Mablethorpe.

I am currently trying to get Audi UK to resolve, The dealer has denied all responsibility. My advice is to get this part changed during the recall. Wish they would have advised me and it would have been done.

2015 C7, Standard with 66700 miles on clock.

Thanks for reading. I will update if Audi pay up.
RS6, C7 2015, Suzuka Grey Totally Standard.

John@mk
2nd Gear

Post by John@mk » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:03 pm

Amjid wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:10 am
Hi All,

Just a warning, I had my recall competed on the 29th July, after 3hrs over a 10 day period noticed a high pitched sound coming from around the Turbo area. Plugged in a OBD11 reader and it showed a vacuum leak and straight away engine light came on. Took car back to dealer where the work was done in the morning and by 5pm they sent me a video saying that the positive crank case breather was faulty and the charge to replace is £1443 Inc VAT. At this stage the car was only driven for 3.5hrs over this period and covered 178 miles, 112 was to a holiday in Mablethorpe.

I am currently trying to get Audi UK to resolve, The dealer has denied all responsibility. My advice is to get this part changed during the recall. Wish they would have advised me and it would have been done.

please keep us updated can you say which dealer this was with ?
RS6 Grey and Loud. :-)

B8 RS4 Daytona gone :-(

Amjid
Neutral

Post by Amjid » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:15 pm

John@mk wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:03 pm
Amjid wrote:
Hi All,

2015 RS6 C7, Standard with 66700 miles on clock.

Yes Sytner Huddersfield, to be fair to them they are trying to resolve with Audi UK who issued the recall.

I will update once I've heard anything. Again IF getting this recall then pay to have this part installed. Think by having new improved mesh seals puts added pressure on the PCV. I feel it is what caused mine to go bad within 3.5hrs.

Update, Claim was rejected by Audi UK, said there was fault codes 0175 & 2240 already logged from 23rd July 22 EML did not come on. This was five days before the work was carried for the recall. They said PCV valve was already faulty. Sytner did a goodwill and I had to pay half the cost, over £700. Once again change your PCV at the same time.

John@mk
2nd Gear

Post by John@mk » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:58 pm

Amjid wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:15 pm
John@mk wrote:
Amjid wrote:
Hi All,

2015 RS6 C7, Standard with 66700 miles on clock.

Yes Sytner Huddersfield, to be fair to them they are trying to resolve with Audi UK who issued the recall.

I will update once I've heard anything. Again IF getting this recall then pay to have this part installed. Think by having new improved mesh seals puts added pressure on the PCV. I feel it is what caused mine to go bad within 3.5hrs.

Update, Claim was rejected by Audi UK, said there was fault codes 0175 & 2240 already logged from 23rd July 22 EML did not come on. This was five days before the work was carried for the recall. They said PCV valve was already faulty. Sytner did a goodwill and I had to pay half the cost, over £700. Once again change your PCV at the same time.
Thanks for the update Amjid might be worth getting a local indie to scan the car beforehand as a back up , why is nothing simple. :bash:
RS6 Grey and Loud. :-)

B8 RS4 Daytona gone :-(

Needmorespace
1st Gear

Post by Needmorespace » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:08 pm

Had mine done today. Took them 3 days as planned, even got a A6 curtesy car ( normally A1 or a walk to bus stop). Car seems ok, oil changed. Service team didn’t know anything about what the technicians had found. Car past MOT ok without any issues, not bad for 7 year old car at 39k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amjid
Neutral

Post by Amjid » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:21 am

John@mk wrote:
Amjid wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:15 pm
John@mk wrote:

Thanks for the update Amjid might be worth getting a local indie to scan the car beforehand as a back up , why is nothing simple. :bash:
I have Obdeleven and will scan today to make sure there are no codes showing. Hope this thread helps someone avoid my situation. Anyway all done now and vehicle seems to be back to normal.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Daveperc
Cruising

Post by Daveperc » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:55 am

Had mine done yesterday by Farnborough Audi. All seems fine and it was complete within the day.

They included their standard inspection which threw up nothing of note.

Was interested to see that my Ceramic brake pads are now 30% worn front, and 40% rear - bearing in mind that's over 126K miles the economics of the initial capital outlay vs the various changes I would have had begins to make a lot of sense. Looks like I'll need to change the pads around 300K mile mark!! :bowdown:

Happy days! :beerchug:

Tadass910
5th Gear

Post by Tadass910 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:54 am

Amjid wrote:
Hi All,

Wow that’s sad, interesting that before change oil strainer you didn’t hear any sound from turbo area

Amjid
Neutral

Post by Amjid » Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:00 am

Tadass910 wrote:
Amjid wrote:
Hi All,

Wow that’s sad, interesting that before change oil strainer you didn’t hear any sound from turbo area
Yep sad, apparently it always does not make any sound prior to going completely. My car was running like new before hand and during the two codes that registered before recall.

If people get the PCV done then the new version number ends in an E and not g as this was the previous one.

innercry666
3rd Gear

Post by innercry666 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:47 pm

Just asked Nottingham Audi to order the PCV valve for me so it can be changed when it goes in for the recall and they have advised that they don't do it.

Which dealerships in the midlands area are authorising the PCV valve change during the safety recall work?
RS6 PE - Current
RS4 (B8.5) 2015 - Sold
A4 3.0 TDI Quattro BE Avant - Gone
Focus ST170 - Garaged

CRSRS
1st Gear

Post by CRSRS » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:59 pm

What reason did they give for not doing it. I had mine changed during the recall.
2007 RS4 Avus avant - now gone
2013 RS3 black - bye bye
2013 B8 RS4 - Sepang, Ceramics, Buckets, Carbon pack, Sports pack, ACC, B&O, privacy. - now gone
2017 C7 PE - Panther, Ceramics, Carbon pack, BO upgrade.

innercry666
3rd Gear

Post by innercry666 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:05 pm

They didn't provide a reason, just said they weren't doing it as part of the recall. I was surprised as Notts Audi are usually pretty good. Unfortunately with Sytner you have to go through their central booking system so don't get to speak to anyone who knows anything...
RS6 PE - Current
RS4 (B8.5) 2015 - Sold
A4 3.0 TDI Quattro BE Avant - Gone
Focus ST170 - Garaged

Amjid
Neutral

Post by Amjid » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:51 pm

innercry666 wrote:They didn't provide a reason, just said they weren't doing it as part of the recall. I was surprised as Notts Audi are usually pretty good. Unfortunately with Sytner you have to go through their central booking system so don't get to speak to anyone who knows anything...
Hi,

I would drive down to Sytner and speak to someone, Tell them whilst the recall is being done you would like the PCV valve changed. Make it clear that you will be covering the extra labour and part cost. The valve has to be removed as far as I know to be able to complete recall. Might cost you around £500 inc parts required seals etc and small amount of labour. If the valve goes later then expect to pay £1500 to have it changed.

If no joy speak to service manager. I wouldn't take no for an answer. Say you will call Audi UK and speak to them.

Good Luck.

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”