New Owner - keyless entry question - exclusive interior

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
audiBond
Neutral

New Owner - keyless entry question - exclusive interior

Post by audiBond » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:10 pm

Hi,

I am today a new C7 RS6 owner having upgraded from my C7 3.0tdi.

Quick question, I've tried searching the forum and can't find an answer. The car has keyless entry. I can see on many threads that 'convenience key' can by turned off in the mmi. However my mmi doesn't give me that option? Is there another way to deactivate it?

Does anyone else have an exclusive interior? I do like it, but just wish whoever spec'd it had the airbag done in the same colour as the rest of the steering wheel and interior. So wondering if anyone else with an exclusive interior has the steering wheel airbag in the standard colour or matched to the interior.

Car is a 2016 non pe with one previous owner and 20k miles.

Many thanks
Attachments
20211113_125939.jpg
20211101_113400.jpg

Saudirick
2nd Gear

Re: New Owner - keyless entry question - exclusive interior

Post by Saudirick » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:06 am

Hi, I dont have the option to deactivate on mine either. Nice interior! I prefer the comfort seats to the standard seats, much more comfortable!

Saudirick
2nd Gear

Post by Saudirick » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:07 am

What is the paint colour? Looks a bit like mine in exclusive Mystic Blue

audiBond
Neutral

Post by audiBond » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:32 pm

I've no idea what the colour is, looking for the options label as I write, will call the original supplying dealer and get the colour and paint code for it incase it's ever needed.

audiBond
Neutral

Post by audiBond » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:59 pm

My colour I've been told by Audi customer services is:

Name of Paint: Cavansit Blue Metallic (Mercedes)
Paint code: 5890
Supplier of paint: Mercedes

Interestingly when I asked about the exclusive interior they stated:

"This vehicle does not have Audi Exclusive parts fitted: only the paint is Audi Exclusive."

So that's does make me wonder if this in an Audi interior or done by some sort of interior company during the ownership of the first owner.

innercry666
3rd Gear

Post by innercry666 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:36 pm

If it is an Audi Exclusive interior there should be badging on the interior door cards that says "AudiExclusive" as you can see in the picture. The Audi Exclusive interiors also only apply to door cards, seat trims and the piece of leather on the transmission tunnel. As your interior also includes the door sills and headliner in the different colour and that Audi themselves have confirmed it isn't an Audi Exclusive interior then I would say it has been carried out 'aftermarket'.

There is a German company called Neidfaktor in Germany that have retrimmed the interiors of a number of RS6's (amongst others):

https://neidfaktor.com/

Is there any badging that relates to that name at all?
Attachments
AudiExclsuive interior.jpg
RS6 PE - Current
RS4 (B8.5) 2015 - Sold
A4 3.0 TDI Quattro BE Avant - Gone
Focus ST170 - Garaged

innercry666
3rd Gear

Post by innercry666 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:44 pm

Very nice looking motor btw! Love the colour of the paint. As Saudirick said it is very close to mystic blue. The interior looks 'quality' as well. Enjoy!

Also I wouldn't be following the rules if I didn't go - FON!
RS6 PE - Current
RS4 (B8.5) 2015 - Sold
Focus ST170 - Garaged

audiBond
Neutral

Post by audiBond » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:47 am

innercry666 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:36 pm
If it is an Audi Exclusive interior there should be badging on the interior door cards that says "AudiExclusive" as you can see in the picture. The Audi Exclusive interiors also only apply to door cards, seat trims and the piece of leather on the transmission tunnel. As your interior also includes the door sills and headliner in the different colour and that Audi themselves have confirmed it isn't an Audi Exclusive interior then I would say it has been carried out 'aftermarket'.

There is a German company called Neidfaktor in Germany that have retrimmed the interiors of a number of RS6's (amongst others):

https://neidfaktor.com/

Is there any badging that relates to that name at all?
There isn't any badging on any of it, and the dealer I got the car from told me prior to purchase it was an Audi exclusive interior and that the original owner went to the factory to spec it. After the first email I got from Audi, I sent them a range of pictures of the interior and they came back advising it was definitely not an Audi Exclusive interior and that the car was supplied with the standard black/black interior. So clearly it had been done by someone else, although no details for who. Audi also provided advise that some things had been retrimmed that they wouldn't do.

As s result, I am returning the car to the dealer. Which is a shame because it is a very nice place to be, but I wanted genuine a Audi car, knowing that it would then have been done properly and that the quality was going to last No idea by who or when this interior was done. So I shall be looking for another car to replace this one with.

Saudirick
2nd Gear

Post by Saudirick » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:55 pm

Your decision, but there are a number out there with questionable history and faults. If the only issue was who did the work and i was happy with every other aspect then i think i would be keeping it

innercry666
3rd Gear

Post by innercry666 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:48 pm

Assuming it was retrimmed then it must have cost many thousands to carry out and looks like it's been done to a high standard. It's OEM+ for sure.

However, it certainly worth checking with dealership on their details of the car again. May well be that it's a clerical error and that it really was done by Audi.

Also worth seeing if you can contact the previous owner and seeing what the back story really is.

Whoever picked the paint knew what they wanted from the car and spec'd well. It's clearly been looked after as well. Just seeing that brings a certain level of confidence in the car...
RS6 PE - Current
RS4 (B8.5) 2015 - Sold
Focus ST170 - Garaged

audiBond
Neutral

Post by audiBond » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:31 pm

innercry666 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:48 pm
Assuming it was retrimmed then it must have cost many thousands to carry out and looks like it's been done to a high standard. It's OEM+ for sure.

However, it certainly worth checking with dealership on their details of the car again. May well be that it's a clerical error and that it really was done by Audi.

Also worth seeing if you can contact the previous owner and seeing what the back story really is.

Whoever picked the paint knew what they wanted from the car and spec'd well. It's clearly been looked after as well. Just seeing that brings a certain level of confidence in the car...
I've had it confirmed by Audi, through the exclusive team that it is not an exclusive interior. There are some other issues, car is being returned to the dealer in the morning. At the moment I'm not going to say what the other issues are.

JoolsBerko
Neutral

Post by JoolsBerko » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:30 am

Sorry to hear of your disappointment - you must be pretty peeved. Don't let that put you off another RS6 though. All the very best.
Regards
Jools

2014 Panther Black RS6 with Black Wheels & Stealth Pack
Previous recent notable inclusions: 2013 TTRS, 2009 A3 Black Edition, and 1997 Vauxhall Corsa (a truly great car when times were very hard - hence the mention)
In years gone by: MR2 Turbos, Supras, Skylines, RX7's

audiBond
Neutral

Post by audiBond » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:56 pm

JoolsBerko wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:30 am
Sorry to hear of your disappointment - you must be pretty peeved. Don't let that put you off another RS6 though. All the very best.
I was very disappointed, but the right decision.

Haven't let it put me off though, picking up another one this weekend, a genuine car this time!

audiBond
Neutral

Post by audiBond » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:54 pm

Pleased to have found another car which I picked up last weekend, a one owner, very genuine car.
Screenshot_20211122-185219_Auto Trader.jpg

JoolsBerko
Neutral

Post by JoolsBerko » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:34 pm

Looks a cracker! Upload some pics then!
Regards
Jools

2014 Panther Black RS6 with Black Wheels & Stealth Pack
Previous recent notable inclusions: 2013 TTRS, 2009 A3 Black Edition, and 1997 Vauxhall Corsa (a truly great car when times were very hard - hence the mention)
In years gone by: MR2 Turbos, Supras, Skylines, RX7's

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”