Tiny bit of help please - loose sensor behind front grill

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
JoolsBerko
Neutral

Tiny bit of help please - loose sensor behind front grill

Post by JoolsBerko » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:46 pm

Hi all - could some one be kind enough to let me know which sensor the pics relate to please - as I've just spotted it, and it looks like it's fallen off/out of it's support bracket.

Is this a front bumper off job in order to reaffix, or is it "just leave as is - it's not causing any problems"? Many thanks.
DSC_0013.JPG
DSC_0014.JPG
DSC_0015.JPG
DSC_0018.JPG
DSC_0017.JPG
Regards
Jools

2014 Panther Black RS6 with Black Wheels & Stealth Pack
Previous recent notable inclusions: 2013 TTRS, 2009 A3 Black Edition, and 1997 Vauxhall Corsa (a truly great car when times were very hard - hence the mention)
In years gone by: MR2 Turbos, Supras, Skylines, RX7's

JoolsBerko
Neutral

Re: Tiny bit of help please - loose sensor behind front grill

Post by JoolsBerko » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:15 pm

Quick update - and this may help those wanting to fit RS6 front badges - took off the plastic front engine bay cover (6 x Audi press-stud type fixings) - and found I was able to pull up the hanging sensor - which I think fits behind the Audi front Badge Rings - seems the cable is glued along the front crash bar and then heads down to the right (as one looks down into the gap between radiator and front grill). So have cable tied it to behind the front Badge Holder as there is a plastic loop allowing me to do that.

However - had been wanting to fit my RS6 front badge (the one I have is the Black version with the back clip plate) - thought it would be a front bumper off job - but no - was able to put my retaining clip where I needed it to go behind the grill, and press the RS6 front badge into it from in front of the grill. To say I am quite satisfied about fixing both issues would be an understatement!!! I now have secured the sensor (whatever it is for I still have no idea), and have fitted my front badge securely. RESULT!
rs6 badge.jpg
rs6 badge.jpg (3.32 KiB) Viewed 2128 times
badge clip.jpg
badge clip.jpg (6.19 KiB) Viewed 2128 times
Regards
Jools

Previous recent notable inclusions: 2013 TTRS, 2009 A3 Black Edition, and 1997 Vauxhall Corsa (a truly great car when times were very hard - hence the mention)

HPsauce
4th Gear

Post by HPsauce » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:55 pm

It's probably an outside temperature sensor.

JoolsBerko
Neutral

Post by JoolsBerko » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:12 pm

Thanks HPsauce - that makes sense.
Regards
Jools

morski
3rd Gear

Post by morski » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:06 am

Exactly as HPsauce said. Fits onto the crash bar and hangs downwards vertically. As long as it remains connected in any position it will be fine. Disconnect it and you end up with numerous fault codes.
RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics & Lots more..
A6 BiTdi Avant
Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Power Tailgate, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds, Electric Steering Column, LED Sill Plates, Ambient Lighting Pack, High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Retrim

JoolsBerko
Neutral

Post by JoolsBerko » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:51 pm

Thanks morski - had another look at it today and have firmly cable-tied it to a bracket behind the front Audi Rings as couldn't see an actual place to hang it - though think that's because the actual plastic arm has snapped off (I'm guessing it would normally be pushed onto a small holding rod as per some A6 pics I've seen).
Untitled.png
If anyone happens to have a pic of the sensor hanging where it should do on the C7 RS6 that would be helpful - but as you say, so long as it's still connected and can feel the outside air, then it should still work fine. Thanks again.
Regards
Jools

morski
3rd Gear

Post by morski » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:21 pm

If you need the bracket then part no is 4G0820536B priced at £8.20
RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics & Lots more..
A6 BiTdi Avant
Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Power Tailgate, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds, Electric Steering Column, LED Sill Plates, Ambient Lighting Pack, High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Retrim

JoolsBerko
Neutral

Post by JoolsBerko » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:03 pm

Cheers morski. Think the hole the bracket slots into is below the viewable front crash bar so not visible when looking down into the space so will stick with the cable-tie solution for now. Car outside temp readings when driving today were spot on, no faults lit up.
Regards
Jools

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”