Anyone familiar with this C7 RS6?

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
EmilA
2nd Gear

Anyone familiar with this C7 RS6?

Post by EmilA » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:29 am

Never taken my eye off buying another RS6, this one appeals to me. Anyone familiar with this car? Have to admit I've never seen these wheels or wood trim on an RS6, both easy enough to sort

Looking at the photos, the doorcard inserts look to be suede/alcantara which was an option on PE cars only if I'm not mistaken?

https://www.sytner.co.uk/audi/car-searc ... -tip-auto/

JoolsBerko
Neutral

Re: Anyone familiar with this C7 RS6?

Post by JoolsBerko » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:58 am

Hi - sorry don't know this car (have seen it on Autotrader for a little while) but I guess the colour and interior trim will be down to personal taste (not a fan myself of green nor the wood trim - but you may be able to get the dealer to swap out the wood trim for a more conventional trim, and the paint colour may not look the best in those photos due to the lighting). Having looked at the interior trim and seats sense it may have been a more mature persons "cruiser" which in itself is probably a good thing (hint of Jag about the interior).

They appear to have a couple of other C7 RS6's for about £5k more with lower miles that do appeal to my visual taste - but hey, each to their own.

As for the wheels they look standard 20" wheels but with a black part centre piece. Noticed the wheels look a bit scuffed also - you'd expect an Audi dealer to get them refurbed if your going to pay upwards of nearly £50K for a car.

Certainly when you look at what they throw in as part of the used car purchase (https://www.sytner.co.uk/audi/used-offe ... used-audi/)- you've got a good level of peace of mind. We also have an Audi A1 (2014 car) from Epsom Audi - and the 2 year warranty, 2 x free services, and the Audi Assist all thrown in made it a very prudent purchase to buy that one from the main dealer.

All the best and post some pics if you buy it!

Regards
Jools

2014 RS6 Panther Black with Black Wheels & Stealth Pack
Regards
Jools

2014 Panther Black RS6 with Black Wheels & Stealth Pack
Previous recent notable inclusions: 2013 TTRS, 2009 A3 Black Edition, and 1997 Vauxhall Corsa (a truly great car when times were very hard - hence the mention)
In years gone by: MR2 Turbos, Supras, Skylines, RX7's

EmilA
2nd Gear

Post by EmilA » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:37 am

Thanks Jools. I've brought an approved used rs6 before and sadly the car got rejected for a few reasons, it wasn't the best experience for me but that brief period of ownership wasn't enough. But its always more comforting knowing that it is approved used as you have a better leg to stand on.

I do suspect the colour scheme is why the car hasn't sold, it's very out there but the fact that it may be slightly challenging to sell could also work in my favour and help with negotiations on price if i went to take it further

I see you have also owned a few japanese cars, I've had a TT Supra and several Skyline's, currently an R33 GTR owner aswell that's having a full restoration

morski
3rd Gear

Post by morski » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:09 pm

Not the best photos of the car. Being an unusual colour i would have thought they would have taken some high res pictures. Appears to have the comfort seat option instead of the RS sports seats. Looks like they paid extra to have that wood trim instead of the carbon.
Check its service history and they should also be able to confirm if its a PE or std model
RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics & Lots more..
A6 BiTdi Avant
Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Power Tailgate, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds, Electric Steering Column, LED Sill Plates, Ambient Lighting Pack, High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Retrim

JoolsBerko
Neutral

Post by JoolsBerko » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:43 pm

No problem EmilA - the Japanese cars were not only great at the time, but they have rocketed in value these days.

The only tiny bit of advice I'd offer on that Green RS6 - is that if the colour is the cause for it not selling sooner, then whilst if may give you some leverage to try and get the price down, you may have trouble selling it on when the time comes without being the victim of any potential buyer forcing you to drop the price too much. Maybe ask the dealer to send some hi-res images to you like Morski mentions.

I'm very recent to RS6 ownership - only got mine in May this year - but I love my car and I've been lucky that this car, my TTRS I owned previously and my 2009 A3 all came from very good independent dealers and never had any expensive issues arise with any of the cars, nor the A1 we have which has been note perfect for the 2 years we have had it so far (can't blame the car for my partners poor reversing skills and 2 rear bumper repairs!).
Regards
Jools

Previous recent notable inclusions: 2013 TTRS, 2009 A3 Black Edition, and 1997 Vauxhall Corsa (a truly great car when times were very hard - hence the mention)

EmilA
2nd Gear

Post by EmilA » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:47 am

Totally agree that it may be a factor in selling if I brought it, though I have to admit I would have no intension of selling it aswell. If I didn't have to reject my last one, I'd still own it 3 years on..

I've called the dealer and got a video of the car coming my way today. Another good note is that it's recent service also included replacing the spark plugs.

JoolsBerko
Neutral

Post by JoolsBerko » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:21 pm

Would love to see the video if you're able to post a link on here (always exciting buying a new car!)
Regards
Jools

EmilA
2nd Gear

Post by EmilA » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:54 pm

Looks like i'm picking up a new car soon :biggrin3:

JoolsBerko
Neutral

Post by JoolsBerko » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:39 pm

Looking forward to seeing some pics EmilA!
Regards
Jools

James_Saleem
Neutral

Post by James_Saleem » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:32 am

Congrats!

EmilA
2nd Gear

Post by EmilA » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:28 am

thanks, excited for collection day!

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”