Why we love these cars

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
Edmond
1st Gear

Why we love these cars

Post by Edmond » Sun May 30, 2021 11:57 pm

Sometimes due to the sheer drudgery of the daily commute - or the school run or the wife that gets car sick I’m sure we all question why we spend the money on our 6’ers.

But sometimes - just sometimes a drive reminds us why we do it.

Drove up today with the kids and a full boot of luggage (but minus wife) from London to Scotland to see family. Turn off at Newcastle to hit the A696/A68 for the final stretch.

And followed 1hr 30 of a demonstration of why the C7 is the weapon we all know it to be.

Stop at Newcastle airport service station to top up - and put everything into dynamic. Car is immediately on its toes - snarling and nose seeking out the next corner as we pull out onto the roundabout to head towards the border.

Kids getting into the spirit and asking when the first “target” will arrive. Exit the 30 - cue queues of cars trundling on their bank holiday jaunt north of the border. Surely this will be the end of the fun - doomed to sit and solemnly follow along at 55MPH.

But no - with the wick turned right up - every short straight becomes the straight at Monza - every corner becomes a challenge - windows down - pano right back - that 1/2 mile stretch up that hill with 4 cars plus a boat being towed by a landie becomes possible - exhaust bellowing - everyone pinned back in the seat - changes going snick - snick - snick - bikers signalling its safe to overtake because they can see the hunkered down snout of an RS6 making serious progress.

Brakes hauling you into the gap between those two cars that were sat too close together and blocking your progress - the pop/bang as you go manual to blat through the hairpins at Carter Bar.

All the <beep> at work melts away as you practice the art of slow in fast out to get ready for the next overtake.

And when you pull up at your destination the fans going at full speed (yes - they do that even after a 5 minute drive) and the pinking of the exhaust remind you again why it was so worth it.

Legend - wait for it - ary - car. And I’ve owned supposedly faster metal. Nothing touches it on those roads.
Attachments
A59358B9-E7E6-4B05-8987-5EF04DA69F15.jpeg

Tadass910
5th Gear

Re: Why we love these cars

Post by Tadass910 » Mon May 31, 2021 6:27 am

Best car for the family)

Daveperc
Cruising

Post by Daveperc » Mon May 31, 2021 6:11 pm

Edmond - too damned right!! A great reminder of why I have now spent nearly 15 years driving these beasts - and still long for more!!

:jump_clap: :kissmyrings: :jump_clap: :jump: :beerchug: :redrs4:

SimonY
2nd Gear

Post by SimonY » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:03 am

Couldn't agree more and feel your pain. Furthest I've been since buying mine is a round trip to Norwich which is all a little tame.
Current
1985 Ur quattro in Alpine White

Previous
2004 RS6 Mugello Blue Avant | Milltek Non-Res | Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers | Hotchkis ARB | Black Optics Kit | RS6+ Coloured Alloys (Sold but never forgotten)
2015 RS4 in Riviera Blue
2016 RS6 in Utopia Blue
2002 S3 in Imola Yellow

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”