Blown CV Joint

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
HorsepowerJames
Neutral

Blown CV Joint

Post by HorsepowerJames » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:27 pm

I was doing a launch on Friday and just as I launched the car there was a bang and then lost all drive. I’ve seen a video of this happening on Calvins Car Diaries on YouTube. Seems to be a common problem when tuned over 1000nm.

Has anyone else on here had the same problem?

Also are there any options for replacing with stronger ones to prevent this from happening again or would I then just end up blowing up diffs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

morski
3rd Gear

Re: Blown CV Joint

Post by morski » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:50 pm

Heard of this happening... I think its better to blow the drive shaft instead of the diff.
RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics & Lots more..
A6 BiTdi Avant
Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Power Tailgate, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds, Electric Steering Column, LED Sill Plates, Ambient Lighting Pack, High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Retrim

HorsepowerJames
Neutral

Post by HorsepowerJames » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:49 pm

Just had the garage look at the car and it’s not the CV joint. Apparently the rear drivers side drive shaft has snapped in half

Has anyone else on here come across this?

Tadass910
5th Gear

Post by Tadass910 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:50 pm

HorsepowerJames wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:27 pm
I was doing a launch on Friday and just as I launched the car there was a bang and then lost all drive. I’ve seen a video of this happening on Calvins Car Diaries on YouTube. Seems to be a common problem when tuned over 1000nm.

Has anyone else on here had the same problem?

Also are there any options for replacing with stronger ones to prevent this from happening again or would I then just end up blowing up diffs?

ImageImage

Cant open YouTube link

HorsepowerJames
Neutral

Post by HorsepowerJames » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:04 pm

Does anyone on here know where I can get a replacement drive shaft for my car? I've spoken to VW/Audi and they are saying there is a 10-14day leadtime on the part. I'm suposed to be taking the family away on holiday for a week next week so trying to find something this week :roll:

morski
3rd Gear

Post by morski » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:03 pm

If its the right rear like you said then part number is 8R0501204D at £471.09 +vat and fits all A6/A7 and Q5 models. Would need you to confirm reg no for correct part, and yes its on back order with an eta of 6 days but they usually come in much quicker.
If you need one it will be a used one from ebay or similar
RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics & Lots more..
A6 BiTdi Avant
Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Power Tailgate, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds, Electric Steering Column, LED Sill Plates, Ambient Lighting Pack, High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Retrim

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”