New(ish) car - minor problems

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
w00kie
Neutral

New(ish) car - minor problems

Post by w00kie » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:29 pm

Afternoon All

Having been a long time lurker on the RS4 B7 forum and had that car for 10 years I thought it was time I added a C7 to the fleet. So here is our 2016 Performance tucked in next to it's much older sibling.
InkedIMG_8329_LI.jpg
Given the current situation we've yet to go far in it and it's odd to say that the best feature so far is having the auto box in London traffic but I'm looking forward to some (much) longer trips later in the year. The drive back from collecting it made my giggle a lot and I'm going to need to learn to recalibrate how long I can leave my foot in while 'getting up to speed' so as not to get in too much trouble.

It will doubtless be getting a new exhaust at some point soon and head to MRC for some fettling as it's stable mate did, but so far the only mod is having the telegram guy remotely enabling carplay.

Only question for group for now is whether anyone has experience any leaks from the rear diff. It was picked up on the health check my local indy did after I got the car home and while described as very minor I wondered if anyone had had similar experiences? Rang the last places it was serviced and they had no notes about it but given the £8k cost of a new rear diff it is giving me some pause for thought and the dealer is both far away and not all that helpful currently.

morski
3rd Gear

Re: New(ish) car - minor problems

Post by morski » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:02 pm

If you have any warranty with the car its best to get them to sort it. If its leaking from the plug then its easy to sort buti have heard they can leak between the casings and even if stripped down and rebuilt they dont last and leak again.
A leaking diff will end up getting noisy if its leaked enough fluid
RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics & Lots more..
A6 BiTdi Avant
Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Power Tailgate, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds, Electric Steering Column, LED Sill Plates, Ambient Lighting Pack, High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Retrim

mrmerle
Neutral

Post by mrmerle » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:31 pm

Sorry I can't help on the diff issue, but was curious as to what colour your RS4 is?

w00kie
Neutral

Post by w00kie » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:39 pm

Figured it might be a warranty issue. I've just booked it into MRC to see if they can advise and then I'll go from there.

The RS4 is wrapped in 3M Deep Space. It's every colour from dark blue to vivid orange depending on the light. Considering it for the 6 as well but might not suit the shape quite so well and the lady isn't as sold on the idea :-)

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”