Exhaust opinion-

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
Codie247
Neutral

Exhaust opinion-

Post by Codie247 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:36 pm

Hi all, is it worth removing resonators, silencer on the sport system or get Miltek/Scorpion cat back?

What kind of comparison is there? Is a cat back worth the extra money for the same sound?

You tube videos are not really representative as some are in garages or stage 2. Just after opinion of anyone been down this route.

Cheers
Lee

rtd
Cruising

Re: Exhaust opinion-

Post by rtd » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:43 pm

Search function is ur friend - loads of topics on this Q

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Volvo XC90
C7 - RS6
C6 - RS6
B5 - RS4

Tadass910
5th Gear

Post by Tadass910 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:52 pm

Codie247 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:36 pm
Hi all, is it worth removing resonators, silencer on the sport system or get Miltek/Scorpion cat back?

What kind of comparison is there? Is a cat back worth the extra money for the same sound?

You tube videos are not really representative as some are in garages or stage 2. Just after opinion of anyone been down this route.

Cheers
Lee
Hi,

Try this https://youtu.be/Uq14iHH1tXQ personally I chosen Miltek none resonated exhaust, for me it was best for that money I could afford, as akra for me always was and going to be over priced and not worth such money.

Asian Panda
2nd Gear

Post by Asian Panda » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:45 pm

Codie247 wrote:

Cheers
Lee
Hi Lee,

I started with the milltek road+ cat back before going non res with decat downpipes.
There's definitely a difference between a resonated box and non res and even more noticeable with the decats. Well worth it IMO.
The car in comfort at motorway speeds is still more or less the same as OEM so no headaches at the end of a long drive, just stick it in cruise sit back and enjoy the ride.
2016 RS6 C7.5 Sepang Blue

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:00 pm

Codie247 wrote:

Cheers
Lee
Whether it is worth doing is subjective, everyone's opinion will be different. I disconnected my valves straight away and deleted my resonators (front and centre) from my Sports exhaust and was very pleased with the results for the cost. I left it like this for nearly 3 years which is very rare for me to keep the same exhaust system for so long. But then I changed it to a Milltek non-res (with valves still disconnected). The Milltek was not a great deal louder than my modified OEM exhaust but it had a much nicer tone. At that point I wished I'd done it sooner but can't argue with the improvement the mod gave for the price.

Hellmooth2020
Neutral

Post by Hellmooth2020 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:31 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:00 pm
Codie247 wrote:

Cheers
Lee
Whether it is worth doing is subjective, everyone's opinion will be different. I disconnected my valves straight away and deleted my resonators (front and centre) from my Sports exhaust and was very pleased with the results for the cost. I left it like this for nearly 3 years which is very rare for me to keep the same exhaust system for so long. But then I changed it to a Milltek non-res (with valves still disconnected). The Milltek was not a great deal louder than my modified OEM exhaust but it had a much nicer tone. At that point I wished I'd done it sooner but can't argue with the improvement the mod gave for the price.
What’s the difference in sound? Is it a lot louder or just more meaty? The sound at the minute for me is unreal, but to think I could make it better is music to my ears!

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:45 am

Hellmooth2020 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:31 pm
MikeFish wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:00 pm
Codie247 wrote:

Cheers
Lee
What’s the difference in sound? Is it a lot louder or just more meaty? The sound at the minute for me is unreal, but to think I could make it better is music to my ears!
I thought I already said that the Milltek non res is not much louder than the stock exhaust with front and centre resonators deleted, so similar sound levels but the Milltek is slightly louder. I can't say how it sounds with the valves closed as I never had them closed once.
The Milltek has a much rawer and raspier tone that I love. It's not for everyone though, some prefer the more refined sound of the Akra.
If you are comparing the Milltek non-res to stock then there is no competition, you can barely hear the stock exhaust.

Codie247
Neutral

Post by Codie247 » Mon May 31, 2021 6:25 am

So I originally ordered a Scorpion non res cat back, but due to manufacturing and delivery delays I ended up with a Milltek non res cat back.

Now that is a sound!!! I love it, Mrs hates it.

Questions-
Does it bed in? (Sound)
Are sound levels inside car in comfort supposed to be same as with window open?
Can you buy the road+ Centre section separately?
If no to the above, anyone know a good divorce lawyer?

Here’s
Lee

Tadass910
5th Gear

Post by Tadass910 » Mon May 31, 2021 9:51 am

Codie247 wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 6:25 am
So I originally ordered a Scorpion non res cat back, but due to manufacturing and delivery delays I ended up with a Milltek non res cat back.

Now that is a sound!!! I love it, Mrs hates it.

Questions-
Does it bed in? (Sound)
Are sound levels inside car in comfort supposed to be same as with window open?
Can you buy the road+ Centre section separately?
If no to the above, anyone know a good divorce lawyer?

Here’s
Lee
:biggrin3: that’s a Miltek ) everyone looks when I go even in comfort not talking about a dynamic) helps roof racks on when going on motorway to use dynamic instead of slow comfort, glad wife can’t notice now as I get a wind from my roof racks and when I switch from comfort to dynamic she not notices)

Codie247
Neutral

Post by Codie247 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:55 pm

All sorted now, bought the Mrs a new car and kept the non res in place.

Yeah, I showed her 😑

Tadass910
5th Gear

Post by Tadass910 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:01 am

:jump_clap:
Codie247 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:55 pm
All sorted now, bought the Mrs a new car and kept the non res in place.

Yeah, I showed her 😑

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”