Centre resonator delete testing video

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
viio
Neutral

Re: Centre resonator delete testing video

Post by viio » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:17 pm

It's the sport exhaust, which a previous owner added. It didn't have that on the factory spec sheet, but it definitely has the black sport exhaust now (which was taken from a 2017 car, according to the part number).

NotNormal
2nd Gear

Post by NotNormal » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:53 pm

Tadass910 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:18 pm
In a first post you can see that oval exhaust tips are black, so I bet it’s sport exhaust :roll:
I think I asked a fair and valid question, because, at any point the exhaust tips could have been replaced.
Chrome or black tips are a personal preference.

The actual exhaust (physical pipe work) isn’t connected to the exhaust tips, again, could have been replaced (like I’ve added the RS6 performance Sprorts exhaust to my S6)

Your unnecessary “eye rolling” emoji typifies a typical self-centred oafish attitude more commonly found on forums related to Vauxhall Astra VXR’s - maybe think about what you’re posting prior to posting it 👍🏻
viio wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:17 pm
It's the sport exhaust, which a previous owner added. It didn't have that on the factory spec sheet, but it definitely has the black sport exhaust now (which was taken from a 2017 car, according to the part number).
Thanks for the clarification, the reason I asked was because your original spec didn’t list it - makes sense now

And thanks Viio, on and off I’ve followed your YouTube posted over the years - I find them interesting.

With the air filter, will you be doing a before and after with a stock filter and a remap and then, same format, just swap out the filter to the pipercross variant to see if the great demand for air due to increased fuelling and timing makes a difference ?? (Just for my own curiosity)

Thanks

Tom

viio
Neutral

Post by viio » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:58 pm

Hey Tom, I don't think I'll be able to do that back-to-back test. It's getting a bit pricey! It costs me £60 a run on the dyno, and god knows how much the mapping will be! Once the car is mapped for the decat, maybe I could run with no filter as someone else suggested. That might test if there's any uplift related to air intake.

NotNormal
2nd Gear

Post by NotNormal » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:07 pm

Ahh I see, that fair

Personably, as I have warranty, I’m running a tuning box on my S6
Car totally stock, other than the box, a did some back to back dragy times - no launch, dynamic - stationary just plant it and go (removed the hooking up of tyre variable ect)
RaceChip RS box and GTS Black :
0-60 : 4.88 > 4.65
60-130 : 13.56 > 11.87
1/4 : 12.88 > 12.53

I’ve now added the RS6 air box and pipercross filter amd the RS6 Performance Sports exhaust and secondary cat delete (mainly for noise)

Sounds lovely - when I get bored of the noise I’ll probably adopt your exhaust mod.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:45 am

NotNormal wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:07 pm

I’ve now added the RS6 air box and pipercross filter amd the RS6 Performance Sports exhaust and secondary cat delete (mainly for noise)
The RS6 doesn't have any secondary cats. What you deleted were most likely the front resonators.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:16 am

See items 3 & 4
Untitled.jpg
The only cats are items 1 & 2.

Tadass910
5th Gear

Post by Tadass910 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:27 pm

NotNormal wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:53 pm
Tadass910 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:18 pm
In a first post you can see that oval exhaust tips are black, so I bet it’s sport exhaust :roll:
I think I asked a fair and valid question, because, at any point the exhaust tips could have been replaced.
Chrome or black tips are a personal preference.

The actual exhaust (physical pipe work) isn’t connected to the exhaust tips, again, could have been replaced (like I’ve added the RS6 performance Sprorts exhaust to my S6)

Your unnecessary “eye rolling” emoji typifies a typical self-centred oafish attitude more commonly found on forums related to Vauxhall Astra VXR’s - maybe think about what you’re posting prior to posting it 👍🏻
viio wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:17 pm
Thanks for the clarification, the reason I asked was because your original spec didn’t list it - makes sense now

And thanks Viio, on and off I’ve followed your YouTube posted over the years - I find them interesting.

With the air filter, will you be doing a before and after with a stock filter and a remap and then, same format, just swap out the filter to the pipercross variant to see if the great demand for air due to increased fuelling and timing makes a difference ?? (Just for my own curiosity)

Thanks

Tom
Chill man, no offense, have a nice weekend

NotNormal
2nd Gear

Post by NotNormal » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:51 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:16 am
See items 3 & 4

Untitled.jpg

The only cats are items 1 & 2.
Fair enough, I took the terming of the pipes off an American forum.

I stand corrected 😬

Sounds better without the resonators 😎👍🏻

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”