Diff oils, qty's and procedures

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
WalkeRS6
Neutral

Diff oils, qty's and procedures

Post by WalkeRS6 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:04 am

Ive just spent a good while researching the parts & procedures for changing the (3x) diff oils.
At 35.000 I have just changed the front diff oil and it was like treacle, I expect the others to be in a similar way. I also have the Quattro growl on full lock at very low speeds... Replacing the centre diff oil on my old C6 fixed that, so that is a 'must do' for me.
Research - I couldn't find a definitive single thread that had all the info in one spot. I was looking worldwide at different forums, none had a full or 100% relevant version of the jobs.
Plenty of info for the C6.. but not the C7 RS6
So:
Here is a link to an online ETKA catalogue for all RS6's- If you are mechanically inclined, you would do well to print off a hard copy for your chosen missile.
https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+rs6+r ... nt+qu/rs6/

I paid for an hour on the erWIn Portal... You can pull as much info as you like. €8.40 well spent.
To enable you to complete the entire job, you need access to both ETKA and erWin as key pieces of info are missing on erWin, such as the VAG part numbers and oil quantities - Easily found on the ETKA.

I would like to share the procedure images from the erWin catalogue - As this is one of my first posts on here - Just not sure if I would be infringing any copyright laws.. Can anyone advise?

~Thanks.
Jim
2015 RS6 Avant.

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”