HELP!! OIL LEAK

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
Parkerdan
Neutral

HELP!! OIL LEAK

Post by Parkerdan » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:11 pm

I've just noticed I have an oil leak. Under the front drivers side I can see it coming from by the undertray. I can't see much but looks like it's by the intercooler maybe??
I'm hoping somebody has had this trouble before & it's not too serious. It's only got 19000 miles full Audi SH. Only had it a week & love it, actually making me feel sick now.
I've read loads about the dreaded oil leaks of the C6 (oil pump seals etc) but not so much of the C7 so hoping it's not too serious.
Attachments
IMG_20200329_170031.jpg
IMG_20200329_165916.jpg
Last edited by Parkerdan on Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dasquade
3rd Gear

Re: HELP!! OIL LEAK

Post by dasquade » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:57 pm

My guess would be indeed the oil intercooler, since it is located on that side. It is an oil to air intercooler, meaning the oil is actually running through the (small) intercooler). Most likely it has a pucture. Couldn't be a leaking clap or hose but don't think that is common...
Definatly wouldn't drive it any more and make an appointment. I don't suppose you have dipstick to check oil level (might aswell order one for the future) as now you have a safe way to check your oil level untill engine is warmed making it dangerous driving the car (even to the dealer). Judging by the coverage it looks already a decent amount of oil leaked out. Maybe better tow the car on flatbed to garage to be safe.

Parkerdan
Neutral

Post by Parkerdan » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:01 pm

dasquade wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:57 pm
My guess would be indeed the oil intercooler, since it is located on that side. It is an oil to air intercooler, meaning the oil is actually running through the (small) intercooler). Most likely it has a pucture. Couldn't be a leaking clap or hose but don't think that is common...
Definatly wouldn't drive it any more and make an appointment. I don't suppose you have dipstick to check oil level (might aswell order one for the future) as now you have a safe way to check your oil level untill engine is warmed making it dangerous driving the car (even to the dealer). Judging by the coverage it looks already a decent amount of oil leaked out. Maybe better tow the car on flatbed to garage to be safe.
It's great at the moment as nowhere is open to get it booked in. 😭
Do you know which dipstick I need to order & where the tube is, I've looked but can't see it. Sorry for the questions.
Thanks

dasquade
3rd Gear

Post by dasquade » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:03 pm

If not mistaken....079115611R
Atm your oil dipstick tube will be covered with a small black plug, it is located on the right side of engine between the coolant reservoir/engine.

Parkerdan
Neutral

Post by Parkerdan » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:52 pm

:beerchug:
dasquade wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:03 pm
If not mistaken....079115611R
Atm your oil dipstick tube will be covered with a small black plug, it is located on the right side of engine between the coolant reservoir/engine.

Saudirick
2nd Gear

Post by Saudirick » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:00 am

You will actually be surprised how a tiny amount of oil spreads out and looks excessive. You say you have only had it a week. Did they service it before you bought it and been careless with the filter and top up?

Parkerdan
Neutral

Post by Parkerdan » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:22 am

Saudirick wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:00 am
You will actually be surprised how a tiny amount of oil spreads out and looks excessive. You say you have only had it a week. Did they service it before you bought it and been careless with the filter and top up?
I'm not sure. I'm gonna jack it up & remove undertray & arch liner today & see if I can find the source.

morski
3rd Gear

Post by morski » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:54 pm

Saudirick wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:00 am
Won't be that as the filler cap is on the right and the oil cooler is on the left when viewed from the engine bay. And i think the oil cooler is behind the additional water cooler..
RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics & Lots more..
A6 BiTdi Avant
Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Power Tailgate, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds, Electric Steering Column, LED Sill Plates, Ambient Lighting Pack, High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Retrim

Parkerdan
Neutral

Post by Parkerdan » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:00 pm

Well I didn't get chance to look today but I'm doing it tomorrow.
In the meantime I found this in my paperwork
IMG_20200330_123506.jpg
I phoned the previous owner & he told me he had the same oil drip from the exact the same spot & Audi replaced the seal in September so hopefully its still under warranty if its the same leak. Fingers crossed 🤞🏾

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”