Brake Pad Replacement - allround

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
WGRS6
Neutral

Brake Pad Replacement - allround

Post by WGRS6 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:49 pm

This is my first post on the forum having read lots of great discussions.
Hope I haven't missed anything rerlated to my post

Have experienced brake fade at high speeds on several occassions, driving accross Europe.
Now some months later, have Amber brake pad warning light active, so its time to replace.
See Ferodo DS2500 pads are well ranked.

Done some price checking & best price so far seems to PDL Brakes (in earlier post).
Does anyone know a better deal or a discount code.

My mechanical competance is OK, but have read that to re-seat the brake caliper pistons, the EBD needs to be deactivated on the rear brakes with use of VCDS or equiv. & ancilliary 12V power supply.

Appreciate any feedback.
Thx.

MikeFish
Cruising

Re: Brake Pad Replacement - allround

Post by MikeFish » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:24 pm

The proper way to do the rears is use software to wind the electric rear caliper back in. However, some people on here have said they just forced it back manually with no issues. Personally I'd do it using software but each to their own.

WGRS6
Neutral

Re: Brake Pad Replacement - allround

Post by WGRS6 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:49 am

Hi Mike, it’s my first thoughts too. Just wondered if anyone else had experiences to share, thx.

Also I’ll have to close electrical circuit on brake wear sensors for the DS2500 pads.
I would prefer using a "closed circuit" plug (if such exists), than solder the sensor wires together. Any ideas anyone/suggestions?

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”