UPDATE: In need of some buying advice

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
Simell
Neutral

Re: UPDATE: In need of some buying advice

Post by Simell » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:38 pm

I preferred the Air suspension to the DRC when test driving cars and bought one with Air as a result. I am sure if you are tracking it then DRC may be better, but on the road, it would be Air for me every time. Mine will also be sitting idle for weeks at a time, but like someone else said, no spirited driving until its up to temperature and change the oil regardless of the miles.
C7 RS6 2015
C7 RS6 2015
B8 RS4 2014
B5 S4 Avant

Simell
Neutral

Post by Simell » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:40 pm

I preferred the Air suspension to the DRC when test driving cars and bought one with Air as a result. I am sure if you are tracking it then DRC may be better, but on the road, it would be Air for me every time. Mine will also be sitting idle for weeks at a time, but like someone else said, no spirited driving until its up to temperature and change the oil regardless of the miles.
C7 RS6 2015
C7 RS6 2015
B8 RS4 2014
B5 S4 Avant

Lig
4th Gear

Post by Lig » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:57 pm

Hi LRB23,

I could be too late here as you may have already pulled the trigger but I would say make a list of your preferred options in order.

I was so close to buying one with chrome\alloy trim and so glad one came along with black pack.

I did look at wrapping but it just seemed too messy, in terms of cost and also messing about with my 'new' P&J. Also I wanted to use the roof bars for a roof rack, so these could not be wrapped and I would have to buy replacements.. OK I thought, but then I didnt like the thought of the roof lining being pulled off for fitting the black bars etc....

I sacrificed HUD for the black pack, but now so glad I did... As for me I like looking at my car just as much as driving it :lol:

Re DRC v Air, you need to drive both and see which you prefer.... IMO DRC is a firmer ride in all modes and in Dynamic its very firm, I can totally see some would say too firm, but I prefered it over Air. For me its too firm in Dynamic to use all the time, but I like it when I am in the mood as it does change the characteristics of the car considerably. I test drove 2 of each and then only considered cars with DRC.

Dont be hasty..., the right car will come along....

Cheers,
Lig.

LRB23
Neutral

Post by LRB23 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:33 pm

Hi All, so finally got behind the wheel of one of these monsters! Jesus... nothing prepared me for the sheer brutality of the torque delivery!

But before all that I had to drive 11 hours overnight from Nice, South of France all the way up to north of the M25, arriving this morning blurry eyed and full of caffeine.
It was a final hurrah in my trusty S3. I did begin to have doubts on whether I should just keep the S3. Any doubt soon disappeared when I pulled into the forecourt and laid eyes on the staunch, Bavarian autobahn destroyer.

I managed to give it a good run up and down the dual carriageway, trying to find any nuances. Nothing stuck out apart from it needs a bloody good detail inside and out. It took about 10 minutes for me to make a decision. Out came the AMEX.

I said my final goodbyes to me beloved S3 and put a deposit down. I’ve given them one week to refurb all the wheels, detail it top to bottom and make sure everything is tip top.

It’s meant I’ve had to sell my organs and steal all the change from my wife’s purse.

I’m planning on taking it on a road trip next weekend to find out everything I can about my new steed. I’m still buzzing from my first experience. I can’t wait to get behind the wheel again.

I will update with Pics once she’s ready and in my hands!

Cheers for all the advice guys, really appreciate it. It’s been a rollercoaster of back and forth decision making but I’m almost a smug, stoked RS7 C7 owner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamiej
2nd Gear

Post by jamiej » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:08 pm

RS7?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Current
'07 - Audi RS4 Avant Daytona Grey
'16 - BMW M135i F20 (LCI)
Gone
'02 Audi 8L A3 1.9 TDI (PD)
'03 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
'96 VW Golf VR6
'91 Toyota MR2 NA
'90 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9
'90 VW Mk2 Golf GTI 8V

LRB23
Neutral

Post by LRB23 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:20 pm

jamiej wrote:RS7?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
ImageImageImageTypo. Wayyyyy to excited.

johnny11
4th Gear

Post by johnny11 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:37 pm

Well done, all I would say is make sure anything that needed addressing is done when they handover. When I purchased mine last year a certain midlands audi dealer handed over my car with blacks marks on the light coloured seats, and a few other bits were not addressed.
You will have great fun on the journey back when you collect, this week will be so long for you now.

LRB23
Neutral

Post by LRB23 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:31 am

johnny11 wrote:Well done, all I would say is make sure anything that needed addressing is done when they handover. When I purchased mine last year a certain midlands audi dealer handed over my car with blacks marks on the light coloured seats, and a few other bits were not addressed.
You will have great fun on the journey back when you collect, this week will be so long for you now.
Cheers @johnny11. I’ve given them a defect list of all the things I want corrected. I’ve told them repeatedly I have high expectations of how the car should be present based on previous Audi dealers... stoke up the competition a little.

I’ve managed to find a local company that can wrap all the parts in Black I want done, namely the window trim, front grill and rear diffuser trim.

7 days and counting...

Lig
4th Gear

Post by Lig » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:02 pm

Thats great news LRB23, Congrats :jump_clap:

Its such a shame that some dealers dont prep cars before they go on sale, they really should!

But I am sure all will be sorted and I am looking forward to the pics!

Happy Days ahead!!
Lig.

LRB23
Neutral

Post by LRB23 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:42 pm

Lig wrote:Thats great news LRB23, Congrats :jump_clap:

Its such a shame that some dealers dont prep cars before they go on sale, they really should!

But I am sure all will be sorted and I am looking forward to the pics!

Happy Days ahead!!
Lig.
The car was only delivered to the Dealer a couple of days before even though it had been advertised for some time. They said it was a VIP client who was allowed to keep hold of the car until someone expressed interest. Or he was just talking <beep>...

No doubt I’ll have to give it a full detail myself, I have high standards and often if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. Plus I love cleaning my car.

I’ve got a Fiat 500 for the week to tie me over... I couldn’t think of a more appropriate car Image

giles
2nd Gear

Post by giles » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:28 pm

I will be selling my 2016 Mythos Black RS6 in March. 19,600 miles on it. Not sure what sort of price I will be looking at to get for it yet?

doodlebug
Cruising

Post by doodlebug » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:49 pm

35-40 at a guess. It’s not a good time for the performance car market.

giles
2nd Gear

Post by giles » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:03 pm

Nah. Have been offered £50k already

doodlebug
Cruising

UPDATE: In need of some buying advice

Post by doodlebug » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:46 pm

Really?! That’s well over the odds. Why on earth would you pay 50k for a four year old, now superseded motor in a depressed market.

giles
2nd Gear

Post by giles » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:02 pm

Even webuyanycar will offer 45k

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”