Off thread, sorry. Advanced Key.

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
R5XVB
2nd Gear

Off thread, sorry. Advanced Key.

Post by R5XVB » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:50 pm

I am an RS6 C5 owner and have recently purchased an SQ5 Plus for the ‘daily’ hence my post on this forum, well ‘cause the C5 is too old to have the Advanced Key option so hope a member here might help. As the AK is available on your model.

When I bought the SQ5 Audi told me that even though the car didn’t have the memory seat buttons, there was crossover functionality and the Advanced Keys would store each drivers settings such as mirror position, seat position, favourite radio and aircon preference - this seemed to make sense as the Advanced Key seemed, well to be honest rather, advanced... Post purchase I could not get this to work, approached the dealer I bought the vehicle from and ultimately booked the car into my local dealer where a Master-Tech looked it over. The result, my car doesn’t have this feature but all YouToob vids I can find suggest otherwise, apparently.

So, what’s the truth on a 2016 model should the keys be working as I think? Both the salesman and his manager admit they thought it should, they are not hiding behind nor denying I have been mis-sold the car feature and are looking into a resolution but what’s the truth? Should my seat memory be retained per each driver key or is that an extra? If so, can VCDS code this to the key somehow unofficially?

Much appreciated folks, I am quite a bit taller than my other half and this was a fundamental reason (in part) for my choice of car Approved Used at dealer pricing.

Eddie555
Cruising

Re: Off thread, sorry. Advanced Key.

Post by Eddie555 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:42 am

R5XVB wrote:I am an RS6 C5 owner and have recently purchased an SQ5 Plus for the ‘daily’ hence my post on this forum, well ‘cause the C5 is too old to have the Advanced Key option so hope a member here might help. As the AK is available on your model.

When I bought the SQ5 Audi told me that even though the car didn’t have the memory seat buttons, there was crossover functionality and the Advanced Keys would store each drivers settings such as mirror position, seat position, favourite radio and aircon preference - this seemed to make sense as the Advanced Key seemed, well to be honest rather, advanced... Post purchase I could not get this to work, approached the dealer I bought the vehicle from and ultimately booked the car into my local dealer where a Master-Tech looked it over. The result, my car doesn’t have this feature but all YouToob vids I can find suggest otherwise, apparently.

So, what’s the truth on a 2016 model should the keys be working as I think? Both the salesman and his manager admit they thought it should, they are not hiding behind nor denying I have been mis-sold the car feature and are looking into a resolution but what’s the truth? Should my seat memory be retained per each driver key or is that an extra? If so, can VCDS code this to the key somehow unofficially?

Much appreciated folks, I am quite a bit taller than my other half and this was a fundamental reason (in part) for my choice of car Approved Used at dealer pricing.
If the car hasn't got memory seats then NO the separate keys will NOT save the seat and door mirror settings.. It will however store different Climate control settings for each key..

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Current ride’s
Q7 Floret Silver Black Edition On 22’s (2018)
Renault Clio 172 Cup. (Babe the track pig)

Previous rides
SQ5 Glacier white( 2016 65reg)
RS6 avant C7 Daytona Grey 2015 facelift. The one I waved goodbye to!!
2013: Q7 3.0 tdi s/line plus ibis white (13reg)
2012: S5 cabriolet glacier white (62 reg)
2011: RS4 saloon B7. Avus (57 reg)

R5XVB
2nd Gear

Post by R5XVB » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:15 am

Thanks Eddie, the dealership have some explanations to make I guess.

If anyone knows a VCDS setting that might change that it would be appreciated, hopefully hidden in there somewhere as I want to code start / stop to remember the last setting also... as in ‘off’.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:24 pm

R5XVB wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:15 am
Thanks Eddie, the dealership have some explanations to make I guess.

If anyone knows a VCDS setting that might change that it would be appreciated, hopefully hidden in there somewhere as I want to code start / stop to remember the last setting also... as in ‘off’.
Stop / Start can be changed using VCDS on the C7. I had mine set to remember the last state and inverted the LED so it was off when start / stop was off. Not sure is the Q5 has the same or similar functionality. On my wife's RS3 I had to change the default voltage level so it would stop the stop / start working due to the battery never being charged enough.

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”