Newbie needs urgent advise from experts

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
onurserkan
Neutral

Newbie needs urgent advise from experts

Post by onurserkan » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:51 am

Hi everyone, I have just signed up to this great network of RS family. I have been looking to treat myself to an RS6 facelift for the past 4 months, however not been able to find one that ticks all the boxes for me. Being in the motor trade I have good links of sources of cars out there, but I am still struggling to find one that is good allrounder. I tried putting my hands on 3 potential buys but ended up not taking them for various reasons.

Now I need advise on few points where I am stuck. I definitely would like to go for a facelift, however it must have assistant pack, pan roof & HUD. Its really hard to find one with three combined, only a few on the net and rest is owned by you lucky guys. Ideally I want Performance version, however I just put a deposit on a late 2015 non performance awaiting service to be completed by audi and would like to know if I am making a mistake. From the advert it says that it also has dynamic package, advanced parking with 360 cam, optics package and few more goodies. It ticks all the boxes for me but gutted its not newer. Car is up for 52k, and the next performance one with not as well specced is up for 62k. I want to know if it really is worth the extra 10k with less spec.

Also I currently drive Q7 4M oil burner specced up, I am really cautious on jumping into an RS6 with less modernised gadgets. I would like to know what your thoughts are. Being 2015 its out of warranty however I will be taking out the audi extended warranty. I will be using this car daily, I also do few good Europe journeys a year and long drive to Turkey once a year. Therefore I am looking for a powerful engine with considerable comfort. Am I making the right decision?

Any advise will be appreciated, thanks guys.

Daveperc
Cruising

Re: Newbie needs urgent advise from experts

Post by Daveperc » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:16 am

OK - not sure how much real "advice" you can get as most of your needs etc are personal preferences.

Here's my pennyworth anyway:
  • Don't worry about the mileage - 50K is nothing for these cars. I ran my (C5) RS6 past 200K with no problems. :boots:
  • If the main criteria are "gadgets" then buy a newer non-RS model - still good for long distance etc but lower cost. :kissmyrings:
  • If you are genuinely buying for the performance I wouldn't worry about the PE model - I'd save the cash and remap - you'll get more beans!!! :FIREdevil:
  • Be prepared for big bills - these cars are around £100K new and the maintenance bills are high - everything is expensive. :audibash:
Enjoy! :beerchug:

tonybrown5
Neutral

Post by tonybrown5 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:16 pm

I’m by no means an expert as I was in the same boat as you a few weeks back but I’ve had my 2016 PE now for 3 weeks.

I considered the non PE model but the Pes are slightly better specced and also seem to hold their value a little better.

My must haves were assistance pack, rear camera and Dynamic pack. In an ideal world I’d have also loved HUD and Pan Roof but these are night on impossible to find with the assistance. I looked at loads and there are so many, obviously ex lease, that were incredibly poorly specced from new.

I test drove both air and dynamic and the latter just felt so much better. I also found the Pan Roof only really made a difference if you were sitting in the back J

I too was worried about tech, especially as my back up option was a brand spanking new F90 M5 that was fully specced – the difference in tech was night and day but I really just fell in love with the more brutish nature of the big Audi. After all, you drive more that you play with the toys.

I find the RS6 extremely comfortable, pop it into comfort mode and you can waft along, into dynamic and it really firms up for attacking the road. The Quattro system also really inspires confidence to push on in all conditions.

Do ensure you get a warranty though. I initially was only looking at 17 or 67 plate cars to keep a decent manufacturer’s warranty. The only reason I went for a 16 was the fact I negotiated a 2 year approved used in with it. I’m glad I did as it’s currently having a new DRC unit and 2 front shocks.

Whichever car you go for you’ll love it though, theres 0.2 seconds between the PE and non PE which is barely anything.

Theres a very well specced car at Hereford Audi, not sure what colour you’re after though -
https://usedcars.audi.co.uk/usedcar/aud ... ,2,t_geo,U

Foxy
2nd Gear

Post by Foxy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:37 pm

I bought new 18 months ago and opted for the PE as it had most of what I wanted in standard form, but having driven non PE and PE in the real world, I don't think you will notice much difference in performance and wouldn't lose any sleep over it. I know people like the Assistance Pack, I had it on my previous RS4 and wasn't convinced, in fact I had quite a few nasty moments when the car braked hard as I approached tight bends at speed, though I did like ACC.

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”