TCU Flash

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
DaveBee
2nd Gear

TCU Flash

Post by DaveBee » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:49 pm

Just had the TCU flashed by JFA and I have to say it's certainly an improvement. Gear changes are much quicker and smoother in all modes including manual and whether taking it easy or pushing along. In fact at the moment, I'd say it's improving with every journey as the gearbox re-adapts etc. If anyone's wondering if such an upgrade is worth it, I'd say don't wait any longer :)
David

FinlandRS6C7
1st Gear

Re: TCU Flash

Post by FinlandRS6C7 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:30 pm

You can do that adaptation reset if you have ross-tech cable. This TCU flash what you call it is only transmission adaptation reset. 👍🏻

DaveBee
2nd Gear

Post by DaveBee » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:51 pm

FinlandRS6C7 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:30 pm
You can do that adaptation reset if you have ross-tech cable. This TCU flash what you call it is only transmission adaptation reset. 👍🏻
No it isn't, it's reprogramming of the TCU to provide quicker shifts etc.
David

don0301
4th Gear

Post by don0301 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:58 pm

I had my rs6 c6 engine and gearbox "mapped" by JFA on recommendation of 2 "guru" people on here who used him for the first 900+ cars in the UK.

They had loads of problems and went to MRC to sort out, so....

I subsequently went to MRC, for stage 2 and gearbox map, who:

a) said it was the worst engine map they had seen, literally laughing, showed me the evidence.

b) said my gearbox hadn't been touched.

The car was night and day faster, and faster gear changes etc after.

I should have known after watching him <beep> around all morning and declaring he couldn't access the box, then spending hours on the phone to who knows

Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole....
Ferrari 488 Spider
C6 RS6
E46 M3 convertible
Nissan 200sx mk 2
Vauxhall Senator
Ford Sierra 1.8LX
Peugeot 205 1.9 GTi
Vauxhall Belmont SRi
Vauxhall Astra 1.3
Vauxhall Astra 1.3
1st car Datsun 120 FII Lime green....yeah :shock:

RS6chris!
Cruising

Post by RS6chris! » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:39 am

Bye Bye audi Warranty....if you still have one
RS6 C8 carbon black(merlin)
RS6 C8 launch edition
R8 V10 plus
C7 RS6 PE dynamic pack plus
C7 RS6
Porsche Panamera Turbo
C6 RS6 AVANT
RS4 B7
Golf R32 mk 5
BMW M3 E46
Golf R32 mk 5
Golf GTI mk 5
VW Passat 130d 4 motion
VW bora 150pd
Ford Mondeo Ghia X V6
Ford Focus zetec
Rover 214!!

DaveBee
2nd Gear

Post by DaveBee » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:28 pm

don0301 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:58 pm
I had my rs6 c6 engine and gearbox "mapped" by JFA on recommendation of 2 "guru" people on here who used him for the first 900+ cars in the UK.

a) said it was the worst engine map they had seen, literally laughing, showed me the evidence.

I should have known after watching him <beep> around all morning and declaring he couldn't access the box, then spending hours on the phone to who knows

Are you absolutely sure you have your acronyms right? JFA, MRC etc. etc. I'm only asking because I brought your complaints to the attention of JFA the last time you raised them and they tell me they don't even know who you are. Perhaps you went to Del Trotters and forgot? The odd thing is that last year when I asked JFA about tuning my gearbox they said they couldn't, or at least not the way I wanted it and so they just tuned the engine and from many years experience I can promise you it isn't the worst engine map anyone's ever seen. It's only late last year they were finally able to play with the gearbox timings etc. Of course no company in the world has a 100% satisfied customer base, but your isolated experience doesn't mean a company with a great reputation is rubbish.
David

DaveBee
2nd Gear

Post by DaveBee » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:30 pm

RS6chris! wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:39 am
Bye Bye audi Warranty....if you still have one
LOL, I waved goodbye to my warranty last year and have since waved again, many times :) Well, that would be if I had one. Life's too short to try and insure against everything. Sometimes you just have to take the risk... It's very exciting sometimes :)
David

don0301
4th Gear

Post by don0301 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:07 pm

DaveBee wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:28 pm
don0301 wrote:

Are you absolutely sure you have your acronyms right? JFA, MRC etc. etc. I'm only asking because I brought your complaints to the attention of JFA the last time you raised them and they tell me they don't even know who you are. Perhaps you went to Del Trotters and forgot? The odd thing is that last year when I asked JFA about tuning my gearbox they said they couldn't, or at least not the way I wanted it and so they just tuned the engine and from many years experience I can promise you it isn't the worst engine map anyone's ever seen. It's only late last year they were finally able to play with the gearbox timings etc. Of course no company in the world has a 100% satisfied customer base, but your isolated experience doesn't mean a company with a great reputation is rubbish.
John Ford Automotive? Can't be anywhere else...

Of course he's going to deny he knows me, just like he removed the "review" I put up on his website

This <beep> has come up before, and before that

Ask the 2 "guru's" on here who were the first to attempt 900+ C6 RS6's, and all the problems they had, subsequently going to MRC.

Sadly, for me, I was new to the car and here, and took their advise and went to JFA at first

The <beep> fleeced me for £500+VAT per "map"

I'm sure I posted up the map sheets on here before.

Yes the <beep> knows me, cos I had it out with him on the phone when I found out the truth, he refused to refund/part refund, refused to do anything. I knew if I went there I would get violent, so put it down to exp.

I warn people to save them money. If you think he's the dog's danglies go fill your boots.

It was the lies he told me that really pissed me off.

Ie: giving me a "dongle" that could plug into the car to "reset" the gearbox". MRC were laughing at that, said it did nothing....
Ferrari 488 Spider
C6 RS6
E46 M3 convertible
Nissan 200sx mk 2
Vauxhall Senator
Ford Sierra 1.8LX
Peugeot 205 1.9 GTi
Vauxhall Belmont SRi
Vauxhall Astra 1.3
Vauxhall Astra 1.3

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:24 pm

don0301 wrote:

You are talking about C6 here aren't you? Whereas DaveBee is talking about the C7. Different engines and gearboxes. Maybe they know more about the C7 than they did the C6.

don0301
4th Gear

Post by don0301 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:51 pm

Yes, C6 RS6. Always made that clear.

I just relay my experience with JFA whenever it crops up.

The guy is a lying bullshitting <beep>. That's a fact.
Ferrari 488 Spider
C6 RS6
E46 M3 convertible
Nissan 200sx mk 2
Vauxhall Senator
Ford Sierra 1.8LX
Peugeot 205 1.9 GTi
Vauxhall Belmont SRi
Vauxhall Astra 1.3
Vauxhall Astra 1.3

DaveBee
2nd Gear

Post by DaveBee » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:31 pm

I fully appreciate you had a bad experience, but again, you don't often find lying, bullshitting <beeps> running small very successful businesses (only countries and European parliaments it seems). There's no denying that JFA is hugely successful not only in the tuning they do themselves but in other dealers working to their standards and maps etc. So it seems in your mentioning it every time they crop up, you are in fact rubbishing a perfectly decent company that has evolved. They certainly haven't let me down at all and I'm delighted with their service and the results. Very happy to keep going back and delighted to have found a company so good and metaphorically round the corner.
David

Toffeebananas
1st Gear

Post by Toffeebananas » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:17 pm

DaveBee wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:31 pm
I fully appreciate you had a bad experience, but again, you don't often find lying, bullshitting <beeps> running small very successful businesses (only countries and European parliaments it seems). There's no denying that JFA is hugely successful not only in the tuning they do themselves but in other dealers working to their standards and maps etc. So it seems in your mentioning it every time they crop up, you are in fact rubbishing a perfectly decent company that has evolved. They certainly haven't let me down at all and I'm delighted with their service and the results. Very happy to keep going back and delighted to have found a company so good and metaphorically round the corner.
don0301 is only letting others know of his bad experience with this company. If he is stating the true facts of his experience. I can not see a problem with this. This is what the forum is surely here for? For us all to see/hear good/bad service of companies. For us to find out good points/bad points of our cars? We can then make our own minds up to whether we use such companies or buy certain parts.
DaveBee, you may and many others may have received a very good service from this company. But it doesn’t stop someone else receiving bad service?
Before I use any company I would like to hear everyone’s views on such company.
I decided to use MRC for my car after reading many positive reviews.
If don0301 had a receipt for any of the works they carried out for him maybe then you could be sure it is the same company you are both talking about?

gsc
2nd Gear

Post by gsc » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:22 pm

Toffeebananas wrote:
DaveBee wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:31 pm
don0301 is only letting others know of his bad experience with this company. If he is stating the true facts of his experience. I can not see a problem with this. This is what the forum is surely here for? For us all to see/hear good/bad service of companies. For us to find out good points/bad points of our cars? We can then make our own minds up to whether we use such companies or buy certain parts.
DaveBee, you may and many others may have received a very good service from this company. But it doesn’t stop someone else receiving bad service?
Before I use any company I would like to hear everyone’s views on such company.
I decided to use MRC for my car after reading many positive reviews.
If don0301 had a receipt for any of the works they carried out for him maybe then you could be sure it is the same company you are both talking about?
Agreed everyone is entitled to state their opinion, but there are ways of doing so. If someone doesn’t believe that another party is recommending, great that they can says so. However to then trawl out their story on a car which isn’t the one in question is a bit excessive.

I can happily say I would be cautious of MRC based on personal experience and of 6 others who have not had the best of experiences but I acknowledge many rave about them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”