Pirelli P Zero

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
MikeBirt
Neutral

Re: Pirelli P Zero

Post by MikeBirt » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:49 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:44 pm
What brakes do you have? Stell brake lines, decent fluid and some decent pads make a good difference. I had Ferodo DS2500 and liked them once up to temp. No wear sensors though.
The car is 100% stock..
IMHO it should do more than 6 laps before the brakes cook and boil, even if the tyres were poor, but then the whole experience taught me that it's a great road car but 2 tons doesn't make a good track car. I was impressed that the disks had zero warp (my old rs4's would warp when hot, though fine for normal driving)
Before Audi, my old car was 1500kg and that used to feel a bit big on track at times, so in retrospect I'm not really surprised with how the day went. Still, all the faff of getting to that point was a little annoying to do 6 laps and then come home. Every day's a school day though, it's been said. lol

I don't really want to start changing stuff around, I've had some modified cars in the past (brakes too) and it's always the modified stuff that goes wrong, so these days I just like to get in, turn the key and drive.

Looking forward to spending more time on these PSS - I genuinely can't believe the difference in agility. After complaining that the 6 was a handling disaster after the 4 (which was on PSS) I can now see why people say they are very similar, I was really shocked at the change. I did have a set of nero on my old, old car and didn't like them then either, though they were good at not tram-lining, that's the only praise I could manage for them.

MikeBirt
Neutral

Re: Pirelli P Zero

Post by MikeBirt » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:51 pm

Oh and I should say - there was one car there bigger than mine a range rover SVR, which lasted only 2-3 laps, lol. It was like watching a bling ridden bus go around. I are say the caterhams could undertake underneath haha

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”