RS6 On the Drive at last

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
RS6Boyo
Neutral

Re: RS6 On the Drive at last

Post by RS6Boyo » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:43 pm

zappy-chops wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:47 pm
innercry666 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:07 pm
How is the B&O as well? The Bose sucks...
Will be interesting to hear Chris's view as the newest RS6 owner on here but here is mine. The B&O is good but needs a good music source of course. DAB is great, normal FM less so. With a little fiddling in the sound settings you can get very balanced sound where everything across the range (low/mid/high) sounds very clean. Bass is amazing. Mid-range is very strong. And you can turn it up VERY loud and there is absolutely zero distortion.

So all in I think it is excellent, but that's only because mine came with the car and I didn't pay £6,300 for it. That is a ridiculous price really, and if I was speccing a car from new I would just take the standard system and then spend half the money with a proper car audiophile Shop to upgrade components. That way you would probably get a better system for half the price.

When Harman Kardon bought out B&O's car audio business a couple of years ago they jacked up prices.
Congratulations on the purchase, hope you have many years of enjoyment

I too have the B and O, can i ask what settings you have it set up at?
congrats again

tonybrown5
Neutral

Post by tonybrown5 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:23 pm

Do you mind me asking what you paid for yours? Just trying to get a true feel of values, I'm looking at a white performance at present, no hud or dynamic but has pan roof, park and assistance which are on my list. Pm me if you would prefer :)

Scotty C
2nd Gear

Post by Scotty C » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:40 am

Congratulations on the car... I have a data only sim from EE and share the 100gb data, from my EE monthly contract, between car and phone... does it all itself without me lifting a finger.
Current: 2019 BMW Alpina - B5 Bi Turbo Touring
Current: 2014 Land Rover Defender 110 All Black
Previous: 2017 RS6 Performance - Misano Red with Black Styling Pack
Previous: 2014 RS6 - Misano Red
Previous: 2004 S4 Avant - Nogaro Blue
Previous: 2001 S3 Absolute Red

sxo
Neutral

Post by sxo » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:28 pm

Well done Chris. I was the previous owner before I swapped it out at Audi Guildford (mid life common sense moment...) Best car I ever owned and I've had a few "interesting" models in my time. Exhaust fitted by Mulgari if you ever need it maintained. Cracking car. Hope you enjoy her as much as I did. p.s. my lads still grumble when they get into the Q8 and compare it to the RS6!!
Current - RS6 C7 Sepang Blue. Usual options plus Akrapovic exhaust
Previous - TVR Tuscan, AMV8, JCW Mini

wildbore
4th Gear

Post by wildbore » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:12 am

Just use a Samsung phone on a good data package and then you don't need a SIM in the dash or any messing around, plus you get perfect voice calls via the roof aerial.

Samsung phones have rSAP, and rSAP is what the car was designed for.

ChrisYates10
1st Gear

Post by ChrisYates10 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:17 pm

sxo wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:28 pm
Well done Chris. I was the previous owner before I swapped it out at Audi Guildford (mid life common sense moment...) Best car I ever owned and I've had a few "interesting" models in my time. Exhaust fitted by Mulgari if you ever need it maintained. Cracking car. Hope you enjoy her as much as I did. p.s. my lads still grumble when they get into the Q8 and compare it to the RS6!!
S, thanks for your note. I'll look after her. Mid-life crisis, much to Mrs Yates' dissatisfaction. I love it, like no other car I've had before.

So for have driven around very gently. She's a bit wide for them there Devon lanes, as it happens. Do you have anything to report from your ownership, anything you want me to know? PM me if you think of anything - thanks.

I love the exhaust and the B&O - sound of both is awesome.

How's your new Q8 - nice car!!

I'll keep in touch. C

ChrisYates10
1st Gear

Post by ChrisYates10 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:29 pm

zappy-chops wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:47 pm
innercry666 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:07 pm
How is the B&O as well? The Bose sucks...
Will be interesting to hear Chris's view as the newest RS6 owner on here but here is mine. The B&O is good but needs a good music source of course. DAB is great, normal FM less so. With a little fiddling in the sound settings you can get very balanced sound where everything across the range (low/mid/high) sounds very clean. Bass is amazing. Mid-range is very strong. And you can turn it up VERY loud and there is absolutely zero distortion.

So all in I think it is excellent, but that's only because mine came with the car and I didn't pay £6,300 for it. That is a ridiculous price really, and if I was speccing a car from new I would just take the standard system and then spend half the money with a proper car audiophile Shop to upgrade components. That way you would probably get a better system for half the price.

When Harman Kardon bought out B&O's car audio business a couple of years ago they jacked up prices.
I agree with Zappy, DAB radio is great as are CD's. I also stream music (320kb/s MP3) through my phone and that's great too. Mine currently has all settings on the mid-point and the quality is excellent. I'm no audio guru, in fact am probably a bit deaf, but the crispness of the sound is really quite noticeable. It can be turned up to full volume, which is unsustainably loud and there's no distortion.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:03 pm

Try unplugging the centre speaker. Adds no value and makes a big difference when disconnected in my opinion.

zappy-chops
3rd Gear

Post by zappy-chops » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:35 pm

Did you do that with B&O or Bose Mike? I feel the centre speaker with B&O adds a lot to the sound.
Currently running:
18 plate Lamborghini Huracan Performante (5.2l of V10 naturally aspirated craziness)
67 plate RS6 Performance (fully loaded)
66 plate Range Rover Autobiography (for wafting around)
16 plate Mini Cooper S convertible (lots of fun but rather skittish when thrashed)

Favourite car ever owned:
1971 Citroen DS21 - The Goddess (pure art on wheels)

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”