Saying goodbye to my RS6 Performance

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
shanek
1st Gear

Saying goodbye to my RS6 Performance

Post by shanek » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:21 pm

So, after 2 and a half years of ownership, I have had to say a mixed feeling goodbye to my RS6 Performance.
The first 2 years were almost faultless (bar the usual front brake disc warping saga) with many enjoyable spirited drives and the odd supercar destroying moment.
The last 6 months, however, have been somewhat different. My car became something that was no longer enjoyable to drive at normal road speeds and downright disappointing when trying to push on.
To my dismay, all the issues I was experiencing with the car were decreed to be 'characteristics' by Audi Technical and couldn't be faulted by my local stealer as there were no fault code showing.
Even after getting proof of significant power loss at a local reputable tuning company, Audi Technical decided that the proof was not legitimate as they were non-genuine tests. To my knowledge, Audi have no rolling road testing facilities in the UK to provide a genuine test to prove these sort of issues.
So, it was with a heavy heart that I was forced into the position of selling the car I once loved however, I found it much easier than expected to hand the keys over to the independent dealer as the car I was handing over was not the car I had bought some 30 months ago.
Due to the treatment received by Audi Technical and Audi Uk, I will not be returning to the Audi brand for a while (if ever) as I have zero confidence that they are equipped to deal with genuine issues unless they are accompanied by a fault code and numerous other complaints of the same issue (saying that, Audi still refuse to accept some known design issues as it would cost them large amounts in warranty claims if they did).
I wish you all very happy and enjoyable ownerships with your current cars and hope you never have to rely on Audi Technical to resolve any issues you have.
Time for something new and very, very different!!!!

Anth
3rd Gear

Re: Saying goodbye to my RS6 Performance

Post by Anth » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:28 pm

Sorry to hear this, I have aways thought the downside to RS6 ownership is you pay 100k for a car but the service isn't really great especially on service etc. The Audi master techs aren't anyway where near as good as the name would suggest and I've had problems with quality after they have had my cars, just sloppy, last work sometimes in putting the simple things back together . Although not as bad as Landrover!

Out of curiosity, What power did the tuner say you had been running? And any speculations to the loss?
2017 C7 RS6 PE Nardo
2014 911 991 C4S PDK White
2013 M6 Cab Blk
2012 911 997 MK2 PDK Silver
2007 RS4 Cab Grey

Daveperc
Cruising

Post by Daveperc » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:57 pm

Go on then, what?? Tesla??

shanek
1st Gear

Post by shanek » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:00 pm

Daveperc wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:57 pm
Go on then, what?? Tesla??
Electricity is involved but not fully electric, I'm keeping a 320bhp supercharged, turbocharged 2l petrol and adding 90bhp of electricity. Oh, its also Sweedish.

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:36 pm

shanek wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:00 pm
Electricity is involved but not fully electric, I'm keeping a 320bhp supercharged, turbocharged 2l petrol and adding 90bhp of electricity. Oh, its also Sweedish.
:bash: :ban:

Cheers :thumbs:

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”