RS6 at Marshall Volvo Leeds

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
ChrisYates10
1st Gear

RS6 at Marshall Volvo Leeds

Post by ChrisYates10 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:56 am

All,

I'd very much appreciate your feedback on this car - apologies, I can't figure out how to put a link in.

(https://www.marshall.co.uk/volvo/used-c ... -tip-auto/)

It's a basic specification, however, I like it because it's a 1 private owner car, has low miles and has 20" alloys, so won't suffer the buckles. I think it's a good price too. It doesn't have the Pan Roof which is a shame.

Are there any other downsides to the car that you think I should know about? Does anyone know the car? What do you all think?

Thanks,

Chris

FrazerD
4th Gear

Re: RS6 at Marshall Volvo Leeds

Post by FrazerD » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:10 pm

Would you not be better buying the spec you want then putting the wheels on it you want? Far easier to change wheels than add on factory options.

Saying that, I’ll easy gas a hole in your roof for some glass :sekret:

Cheers :thumbs:

zappy-chops
3rd Gear

Post by zappy-chops » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:06 pm

FrazerD wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:10 pm
Would you not be better buying the spec you want then putting the wheels on it you want? Far easier to change wheels than add on factory options.
I agree. Super easy to find replacement wheels - and then you have 2 sets to run with winter tyres if you like.

For around £55k there are a lot of cars out there. The spec you want will be out there somewhere. Personally, I wouldn't touch a car without a pan roof. For me it's a must have and I would expect it to limit your on-sell if it's not there. My advice, for what it's worth, is to agree the spec you want and don't compromise. Sure, have a "nice to have" list too - and compromise on that, but you don't want to spend your whole time driving the car wishing it had things that were on your "must have" list. If this car already ticks those boxes (e.g. Pan roof is only on your nice to have list) then go check it out - but again, there are better spec'd cars out there for that price. Not trying to be a smart-arse mate, and not trying to teach you how to suck eggs - I am sure there is nothing in my post that you don't already know. Sometimes it helps to hear it from someone else.
Currently running:
18 plate Lamborghini Huracan Performante (5.2l of V10 naturally aspirated craziness)
67 plate RS6 Performance (fully loaded)
66 plate Range Rover Autobiography (for wafting around)
16 plate Mini Cooper S convertible (lots of fun but rather skittish when thrashed)

Favourite car ever owned:
1971 Citroen DS21 - The Goddess (pure art on wheels)

bn8959
3rd Gear

Post by bn8959 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:15 pm

Eg this one has piano black inlays instead of carbon, which might also be a negative come resale - but then again, you might like that option!
2016 C7 RS6 - Panther Black
Previous:
2008 B7 RS4 Avant, Phantom Black

ChrisYates10
1st Gear

Post by ChrisYates10 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:59 pm

Thanks everyone, good advice and just what I need - someone else to tell me what I probably already know. I suppose the fact that I'm asking for reassurance means I'm not convinced myself (doh!!)

I'll remind myself to not be hasty and that my must have car will be along soon.

Thanks again everyone and best wishes for the Festive Season.

Chris

skirs6
5th Gear

Post by skirs6 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:00 pm

Chris. I think sometimes there are just too many options and so many people quote the resale value however if it works for you that’s the important one. You will always lose money doesn’t really matter what spec.m
I had a pan roof on mine but never used it. Never even retracted the blind thing underneath. I also had HUD. Again never really looked at it.
It looks like a good low mileage car👍 As for the wheels I had 21’s and the car was 4 yrs old when I sold it without any issues. I personally think the 21’s look better on the 6 but that’s easily sorted as they’re loads on eBay should you want to go 21

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:05 pm

I didn't even bother speccing the sunroof. What one person finds important, another may not.

zappy-chops
3rd Gear

Post by zappy-chops » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:28 pm

Chris, I have been thinking about the wheels a bit too. The car I bought had 21s and it was only after I bought it that I read the wheel issue stuff on this forum and I thought eek! Saying that though, there must be big numbers of customers with 21s who have never had an issue in years of motoring or every article written about the RS6 would mention it and surely Audi would have to do something about it. I bought a used second set of wheels with winter tyres that just happened to be 20s and I am really not liking the look. The car looks way better on 21s (unless you lower it like Mike has). I'll get used to it over the winter I'm sure but the 21s will be back on quicktime once the weather safely improves.
Currently running:
18 plate Lamborghini Huracan Performante (5.2l of V10 naturally aspirated craziness)
16 plate Mini Cooper S convertible (lots of fun but rather skittish when thrashed)

Sedge5
1st Gear

Post by Sedge5 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:37 pm

ChrisYates10 wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:59 pm
Thanks everyone, good advice and just what I need - someone else to tell me what I probably already know. I suppose the fact that I'm asking for reassurance means I'm not convinced myself (doh!!)

I'll remind myself to not be hasty and that my must have car will be along soon.

Thanks again everyone and best wishes for the Festive Season.

Chris
I personally, would never pay extra for the pan-roof but each to their on. One poster has already stated that you should look for 'options' that aren't easy to add as aftermarket - that is key here. The only other person l know who wanted pan-roof on his car so bad when he ordered his new car is my sales director....on his 4 series. He's about 67 years old....somethining to do with his time when he used to 'go on the pull' back in the '70s.... :biggrin3:
RS6 C7 PE - current
S6 C7 Avant - too hesitant, not enough power
A6 C7, 2.0 TDI......aghhhhh
A3 , 2.0 BE, tdi, yeahhh...

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:08 am

zappy-chops wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:28 pm
Chris, I have been thinking about the wheels a bit too. The car I bought had 21s and it was only after I bought it that I read the wheel issue stuff on this forum and I thought eek! Saying that though, there must be big numbers of customers with 21s who have never had an issue in years of motoring or every article written about the RS6 would mention it and surely Audi would have to do something about it. I bought a used second set of wheels with winter tyres that just happened to be 20s and I am really not liking the look. The car looks way better on 21s (unless you lower it like Mike has). I'll get used to it over the winter I'm sure but the 21s will be back on quicktime once the weather safely improves.
The Performance 21s seem to be much stronger than the other 21s. I only recall a couple of people on here with damaged ones.

zappy-chops
3rd Gear

Post by zappy-chops » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:12 am

Thanks Mike. I wasn't sure which 21s were getting damaged most. I guess any wheel will buckle if his hard but good to know the performance wheels seem to hold up better.
Currently running:

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”