Modify Genuine RS6 Sports Exhaust

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
Shanghara
Neutral

Modify Genuine RS6 Sports Exhaust

Post by Shanghara » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Right.... I know many are going to say Miltech or order different brands but NO this topics only about cutting up my SPARE Exhaust I have brought for my RS6 just to trial what sound i can get out from it.

I need advice if someone has already done this and if so what thinks they did.. Straight pipes box cut out?

MikeFish
Cruising

Re: Modify Genuine RS6 Sports Exhaust

Post by MikeFish » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:18 pm

Straight pipes, left back boxes as they were but disconnected valves.

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:48 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:18 pm
Mike, that must be silly loud is it not?

Cheers :thumbs:

gsc
2nd Gear

Post by gsc » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:54 pm

Back boxes in place, resonators and centre muffler delete mated to APR downpipes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:44 am

FrazerD wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:48 pm
MikeFish wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:18 pm
Mike, that must be silly loud is it not?

Not really. Bit quiter than the milltek non res. But with double glazed front windows and reasonable amounts of sound insulation it sounds a lot quieter in the car than it actually is. Never really hear it from the outside. Sounds amazing on cold start, just wish it sounded like that all the time.

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:00 am

MikeFish wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:44 am
Not really. Bit quiter than the milltek non res. But with double glazed front windows and reasonable amounts of sound insulation it sounds a lot quieter in the car than it actually is. Never really hear it from the outside. Sounds amazing on cold start, just wish it sounded like that all the time.
That surprises me really. I look forward to a meet and hearing it in person. I will easy give it a thrash up the road if you want to listen :lol:

MountainMutant
3rd Gear

Post by MountainMutant » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:43 pm

After reading Mike's thread I have the same mod, cutting out both centre boxes with the valve delete.

It sounds great and concur that it is not too loud in the car with the windows etc

However, picked up our Christmas tree today which was too long for the boot so had the boot open 6 inches bringing it home. it is LOUD outside!

One thing I would say, and it could just be me but I feel that the car isn't quite a pokey from lo revs since I had it done. Could just be me getting used to the power, as it still goes like stink but it's almost like it takes a little longer to spool up.

Did you find this Mike or is it just me!?

MM
2017 RS6 PE Nogaro 💙

GlynRS2
4th Gear

Post by GlynRS2 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:30 pm

I am sort of thinking about going the same way.
However, being toying with the idea of doing it in stages.
Pumaspeed sell the non-resonated Milltek system in component form. Therefore, I was toying with the idea of just doing a centre resontor delete and getting the MSAU570REP Centre Silencer Replacement Assembly @ £223 in the first instance ( link )
Then I could add a secondary cat delete at a later stage if I wanted to by getting the MSAU587REP LH Front Pipe Assembly ( link ) and MSAU588REP RH Front Pipe Assembly ( link ) at £163 each.
Would work out slightly more expensive than getting someone to cut out and replace the resonators, at £550 in parts before fitting, but possible to reverse if wanted to.
Either way, would probably keep the back boxes of my genuine Sports exhaust system.
What do you think?
Glyn
Navarra Blue RS6 Vorsprung (C8)
Sepang Blue RS6 Performance (C7) - sold
Sepang Blue S5 sportback (B8.5)- sold
Monza Silver RS6 (C6) - sold
Sprint Blue RS4 (B7) - sold
Polar Silver RS2 (B4) - sold

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:32 pm

GlynRS2 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:30 pm
I am sort of thinking about going the same way.
However, being toying with the idea of doing it in stages.
Pumaspeed sell the non-resonated Milltek system in component form. Therefore, I was toying with the idea of just doing a centre resontor delete and getting the MSAU570REP Centre Silencer Replacement Assembly @ £223 in the first instance ( link )
Then I could add a secondary cat delete at a later stage if I wanted to by getting the MSAU587REP LH Front Pipe Assembly ( link ) and MSAU588REP RH Front Pipe Assembly ( link ) at £163 each.
Would work out slightly more expensive than getting someone to cut out and replace the resonators, at £550 in parts before fitting, but possible to reverse if wanted to.
Either way, would probably keep the back boxes of my genuine Sports exhaust system.
What do you think?
Not sure on the logic here. How is this reversible? Your original single piece exhaust will be in 5 bits by this stage.
Also might be an issue with matching the milltek centre section into the middle of an oem exhaust. I'd be surprised if it all lined up. Not even sure if that bit will actually replace the oem centre resonator.
And lastly, I don't think the car has a secondary cat. The Milltek front pipes will replace the oem front resonators.

uplandsway
3rd Gear

Post by uplandsway » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:27 pm

Either mod the OEM exhaust like Mike or buy a milltek system, res or non res / road plus and so on..
Cheers,
Stevie F
2016 C7.5 RS6 Performance

Mr Footlong
Cruising

Post by Mr Footlong » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:14 am

Guys, I have a Milltek resonated centre section and the front resonator delete sections (the pipes that go from the OE cats ro the centre section on the Millteks) sitting around since being removed off the car recently. I was planning on putting them up for sale on her today once I figure out what they are worth.

Ideally I want to sell together, as I have single big padded Milltek box spare from the 100 cell cats and it will fit the above all in one.
Current:

"Brutus"- C5 RS6 Avant - MRC stage 2 - Milltek non-res + 100 cell cats - Wagner ICs - PSS9 - H&R ARBs - OZ Superturismo LM - C6 Custom brakes - HD RNS-E - Various other bits - 555PS/832Nm

Gone:
"Taz"- C7 RS6 - MRC stage 2 - Milltek non-res + 100 cell cats, uprated fuel pumps, race plugs, 745PS/1095Nm
12' Cayenne Turbo, B7 RS4, S3, Cupra R, XJR, EVO VII, STI8,5,2&WRX, 106 GTI&XSI, other crap.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:40 pm

MountainMutant wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:43 pm

One thing I would say, and it could just be me but I feel that the car isn't quite a pokey from lo revs since I had it done. Could just be me getting used to the power, as it still goes like stink but it's almost like it takes a little longer to spool up.

Did you find this Mike or is it just me!?

MM
Can't say I noticed any difference. Did you make sure the replacement pipe was not smaller than the OEM pipe? I had it dyno'd at MRC immediately after having the exhaust done. I'll have a look at the graph. It hit 774NM when not overboosting and 888NM when on overboost so certainly no lack of peak torque but I'll have a look lower down the rev range (although nothing really to compare it to).

GlynRS2
4th Gear

Post by GlynRS2 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:44 pm

Mr Footlong wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:14 am
Guys, I have a Milltek resonated centre section and the front resonator delete sections (the pipes that go from the OE cats ro the centre section on the Millteks) sitting around since being removed off the car recently. I was planning on putting them up for sale on her today once I figure out what they are worth.

Ideally I want to sell together, as I have single big padded Milltek box spare from the 100 cell cats and it will fit the above all in one.
PM sent
Glyn
Navarra Blue RS6 Vorsprung (C8)
Sepang Blue RS6 Performance (C7) - sold
Sepang Blue S5 sportback (B8.5)- sold
Monza Silver RS6 (C6) - sold
Sprint Blue RS4 (B7) - sold
Polar Silver RS2 (B4) - sold

Daveperc
Cruising

Post by Daveperc » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:44 pm

Hi guys,

Probably need to come out from the shadows and admit that I've bought the bits off Footers - I happened to be up at 5.00am Sunday morning and PM'd him then!!

Have now confirmed that they won't mate with the OEM back boxes, so anyone got used Milltek ValveSonic LH And RH Rear Silencers (MSAU589 & 590) sitting on a shelf somewhere they want to part with??

Dave

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:17 pm

Daveperc wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:44 pm
Hi guys,

Probably need to come out from the shadows and admit that I've bought the bits off Footers - I happened to be up at 5.00am Sunday morning and PM'd him then!!

Have now confirmed that they won't mate with the OEM back boxes, so anyone got used Milltek ValveSonic LH And RH Rear Silencers (MSAU589 & 590) sitting on a shelf somewhere they want to part with??

Dave
I did try to say that. I do happen to have both rear silencers sitting on a shelf but you can't have them. I'm missing the non res centre section that has gone missing in the post.
The back boxes are the most expensive bit too. However an exhaust fabricator should be able to mate the milltek parts to the oem back boxes as long as you don't mind chopping the oem exhaust up and welding a bit onto it.
Or sell the bits you have and and just modify the standard exhaust. Will probably be louder than the resonated bit you have.

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”