Stage 1 MRC remap, any other sensible mods to do?

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
MikeFish
Cruising

Re: Stage 1 MRC remap, any other sensible mods to do?

Post by MikeFish » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:16 pm

Mr Footlong wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:17 pm
Ok, MRC have done their usual magic and I pick her up in the morning. Switchable mapping apparently, no bloody idea how that is going to work, but sounds like a good idea tbh as I was a bit worried about the additional strain on the car when I have a lead foot for the most part.

Final config for the car was -

Beissbarth 4-wheel alignment to hopefully dial out the full throttle torque steer/squirrelling that my other aligner couldn't
Milltek Full non-resonated exhaust system with 100 cell cats
Autotech uprated high-pressure fuel pumps
NGK 4905 race plugs
Uprated air filters
MRC Stage 2 Remap on Tesco 99 with switchable mapping.

Results below ladies, not too shabby!!!!!! :D

DUH_WINNING.png
Steve, see above for details of his mods.

uplandsway
3rd Gear

Post by uplandsway » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:13 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:13 pm
uplandsway wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:47 pm
Mr Footlong wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:53 pm
The car is absolutely fine guys. I don't do the launch controls, never will as i don't like the stress it puts on things and god knows how many times previous owners did it.

As the car was primarily for woman, I hardly drove the car before handing her to MRC so it is a bit hard to compare before & after really for me at least. I am only driving her one a week or twice at a push, apart from a drive to Torquay and back in the monsoon rain last weekend, that was hilarious and terrifying at times....

The torque steer/lighness at the front when booting is still utterly ridiculous, to the point that I wish she had functional canards, but she certainly isn't slow. I don't think I have gone over 150 or so yet in her. She has perfect manners for cruising and as the gearbox isn't remapped, I find that it drives in a very similar way to stock (the joys of having switchable mapping) but she is just more urgent when you want her to be if that makes sense? Sick as a dog so possibly talking even more rubbish than usual... As the plots show, there isn't a night and day difference to how the hp/torque delivers, they have just been smoothed out beautifully as the power has been increased.

Fuel economy, shut up, just shut up :D.

For longer journeys, the system is a little boomy with valves closed, but not massively. If you live on the Motorway then I can't recommend or advise against it really as utterly subjective, but stock will obviously be a lot quieter imo. In dynamic, it is one of the loudest and angriest cars I have ever, ever heard and that is no mean feat. When you are in the mood for angry driving, or for people to all turn there heads, or for tunnels, it is utterly hilarious.

If you have seen the OE cats in the flesh, then you will appreciate how potentially restrictive/unfriendly to smooth flow they are compared the with relocated cata on the Milltek system, I can't help but feel that this has helped a surprising amount with the power, along with heavily on the noise front. Bear in mind that the RR results were at 14c ambient I was told, so I have no idea how much she is kicking out at say sub-5c. Could be imagining it, but the system seems louder as it gets colder outside.
Hi

Which Downpipes did you end up using and which sports cats ?

Many thanks in advance
Milltek sports cats. Pictures a few posts up.

Oh, should have read through properly
Cheers,
Stevie F
2016 C7.5 RS6 Performance

Mr Footlong
Cruising

Post by Mr Footlong » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:51 pm

Right, well it looks like I am going to be selling this car soon, for a few reasons -

1. Kid has fallen out of wife now, so she has all sorts of ideas about what to do with our house and the extension work is coming in at £150k minimum...

2. I work from home 4-5 days a week, binty drives it around locally but other than that, it is a driveway ornament that lets everyone on the street know that we are better than them. While that is important clearly, can't justify keeping it just for that. :D

3. We still have the C5 and it just does the job, is very fast too, so I won't suddenly be losing the ability to batter the vast majority of things that get in my way.

4. Laugh, but I never got over binty smashing up the Unicorn-spec 958 Cayenne Turbo. The interior quality was just on a totally different level to the C7 RS6, was wonderful to drive and I bloody loved it.

The C7 RS6 is great and once I got used to the handling/power delivery, was absolutely fine with how it drives, but never gelled with it like I did with the 958.

What I will really miss, is the absolutely fecking mental sound from the exhaust system. With my configuration, perfectly sedate and drivable with the valves closed, but in sport mode with the valves open, simply epic, I can't remember hearing a car sounding this good in years....

Thanks for all your input guys, was really appreciated.
Current:

"Brutus"- C5 RS6 Avant - MRC stage 2 - Milltek non-res + 100 cell cats - Wagner ICs - PSS9 - H&R ARBs - OZ Superturismo LM - C6 Custom brakes - HD RNS-E - Various other bits - 555PS/832Nm

Gone:
"Taz"- C7 RS6 - MRC stage 2 - Milltek non-res + 100 cell cats, uprated fuel pumps, race plugs, 745PS/1095Nm
12' Cayenne Turbo, B7 RS4, S3, Cupra R, XJR, EVO VII, STI8,5,2&WRX, 106 GTI&XSI, other crap.

Daveperc
Cruising

Post by Daveperc » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:43 pm

Will miss you (again) - but glad to hear Brutus rides on!!

Dave

Tadass910
5th Gear

Post by Tadass910 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:12 pm

Lol, rs6 is a masterpiece, strange people think otherwise, you can easy have rs6 for family and amg gtr or R8 for weekend driving’s or ring racing

Mr Footlong
Cruising

Post by Mr Footlong » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:38 am

You really are a weirdo Tadass, it is as if you have been programmed by VAG group, your responses on this forum are predictable and retarded. It is a great car, but I preferred the Cayenne, the interior/build quality overall was a big step above. If you haven't driven a 958 Cayenne Turbo that is fully specced up with all of Porsche's handling enhancements for comparison then just shush and go find another thread to troll :)

I already have another RS6, that old girl isn't going anywhere.
Current:

"Brutus"- C5 RS6 Avant - MRC stage 2 - Milltek non-res + 100 cell cats - Wagner ICs - PSS9 - H&R ARBs - OZ Superturismo LM - C6 Custom brakes - HD RNS-E - Various other bits - 555PS/832Nm

Gone:
"Taz"- C7 RS6 - MRC stage 2 - Milltek non-res + 100 cell cats, uprated fuel pumps, race plugs, 745PS/1095Nm
12' Cayenne Turbo, B7 RS4, S3, Cupra R, XJR, EVO VII, STI8,5,2&WRX, 106 GTI&XSI, other crap.

Tadass910
5th Gear

Post by Tadass910 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:07 pm

Mr Footlong wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:38 am
You really are a weirdo Tadass, it is as if you have been programmed by VAG group, your responses on this forum are predictable and retarded. It is a great car, but I preferred the Cayenne, the interior/build quality overall was a big step above. If you haven't driven a 958 Cayenne Turbo that is fully specced up with all of Porsche's handling enhancements for comparison then just shush and go find another thread to troll :)

Don’t tell me that I am weirdo, i am not insulting you so please stop

chunky79
Cruising

Post by chunky79 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:13 am

Tadass910 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:07 pm
Mr Footlong wrote:

But you are a weirdo, fact.
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

Tadass910
5th Gear

Post by Tadass910 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:59 pm

chunky79 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:13 am
Tadass910 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:07 pm
Mr Footlong wrote:

But you are a weirdo, fact.
Lol, I can say same about you though then that you are weirdo to me :biggrin3:

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”