Hello from a newbie...possible purchase

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
mr_ship
Neutral

Hello from a newbie...possible purchase

Post by mr_ship » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:21 am

Hello guys, a newbie on here. Currently run a 2010 GTR, love it to pieces but have a newborn of 8 weeks and have been looking at getting an RS6. Found one that fits the bill, PE, 2017 with low miles and enjoyed the test drive.
Came home and had a think about it, then thought I'd have a run through the forum and now I'm paranoid about getting the bloody thing stolen, something I never remotely worried about with the GTR or Merc.

The area I stay is not exactly a hotbed of crime (Cumbria) and have never had any issues with the GTR or previous CLS63 Shooting Brake. Car would be parked on driveway, behind house out of sight.

From reading around it seems most of them get taken from Midlands/West Yorks, not heard of anything up my way but who knows.

What's the best tracker/alarm/immobiliser to go for at the moment, Autowatch Ghost?

I guess you can't live your life worrying about what MIGHT happen and just get on with things.......

cheers

2Brains
Neutral

Re: Hello from a newbie...possible purchase

Post by 2Brains » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:00 pm

Welcome to the forum mr_ship.

Having recently just bought my RS6 and gone through the same thoughts I would say don’t overthink it. There are inherent risks with everything. The risk of theft is always there but, as you say, can’t go through your entire life worrying.
The forum is a phenomenal tool and great but remember the vast majority of posts are about something bad - thefts, problems, advice when something isn’t right. Most people don’t post to say it’s amazing when everything is great so take it all with a pinch of salt.

I’m looking to reinstate the Vodafone Automotive Cobra Traker that is on mine but tbh the insurance won’t get any cheaper and I’m not sure I’d want a nicked motor back anyway!

The RS6 is an amazing car that does it all, you’ll absolutely love it and there’s no risk that won’t be the case.
Edinburgh Based Nardo Grey C7 RS6

mr_ship
Neutral

Post by mr_ship » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:47 pm

Thanks 2Brains.
sadly, I faffed around overthinking it and the car I was looking at sold but yes, I've decided I definitely want one. Had a drive in a '15 and then a '16 PE which I much preferred although it had a Milltek exhaust which sounded great but I was a bit worried about whether it'd affect the warranty. Any ideas? The dealer said it'd be OK (but he would wouldn't he!)

Cheers

2Brains
Neutral

Post by 2Brains » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:28 pm

Funnily enough; I’m going through the exact same issue (see my other post about having 2 in 2 months).

My biggest concern would be if it has also been remapped. From what I can tell the majority of people get a Miltek and stage 2 the car up to 700 odd bhp. Just an exhaust is rarer.
I’ve spoken with Audi HQ and my local dealer and ultimately they won’t go in to print or confirm/deny anything. All they said is the potential for the warranty to be void when non OEM parts are used is there. Any potential issues or damage determined as potentially originating from the non OEM mod would void any claim for those issues.

I imagine a remap could easily be blamed (rightly or wrongly) for a number of issues as opposed to just a car back for instance.
Edinburgh Based Nardo Grey C7 RS6

rtd
Cruising

Post by rtd » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:36 pm

Having spoken to Audi UK two years ago when I got mine general consensus was that a catback would be OK, you’d be very unlucky indeed if they began to make a fuss over it.

However a remap is something else entirely - think of it like this remap = no warranty that’s it plain and simple. And there is no such thing as ‘oh I’ll get it removed and they’ll never know’ that’s just fantasy talk they can easily find traces of the map. Don’t let anyone tell you different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Volvo XC90
C7 - RS6
C6 - RS6
B5 - RS4

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:40 pm

rtd wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:36 pm
Having spoken to Audi UK two years ago when I got mine general consensus was that a catback would be OK, you’d be very unlucky indeed if they began to make a fuss over it.

However a remap is something else entirely - think of it like this remap = no warranty that’s it plain and simple. And there is no such thing as ‘oh I’ll get it removed and they’ll never know’ that’s just fantasy talk they can easily find traces of the map. Don’t let anyone tell you different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This ^^^^^

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”