Driving in Dynamic all the time

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
Tadass910
5th Gear

Re: Driving in Dynamic all the time

Post by Tadass910 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:58 pm

Anth wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:37 pm
In individual when I set everything but the suspension to dynamic the car still doesn't give me the full open on the exhaust, I find myself fiddling though modes when the cars been off and on, annoying ! And if it's been left in dynamic on the mmi then even with the activation on the stick sometimes feels like you have to toggle though on screen on on the wheel button to get "actual dynamic" must be some coding that just starts in Dynamic every time ?
Car never starts in dynamic even if you leave it in dynamic, it always starts in comfort

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:17 pm

Tadass910 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:58 pm
Anth wrote:
In individual when I set everything but the suspension to dynamic the car still doesn't give me the full open on the exhaust, I find myself fiddling though modes when the cars been off and on, annoying ! And if it's been left in dynamic on the mmi then even with the activation on the stick sometimes feels like you have to toggle though on screen on on the wheel button to get "actual dynamic" must be some coding that just starts in Dynamic every time ?
Car never starts in dynamic even if you leave it in dynamic, it always starts in comfort
Not true, car starts in Dynamic if left in Dynamic but the gearbox is in Drive not Sport. Pull the lever and you are in Sport. But this is not Comfort, my suspension is clearly Dynamic in this instance.

Anth
3rd Gear

Post by Anth » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:34 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:17 pm
Tadass910 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:58 pm
Anth wrote:
Not true, car starts in Dynamic if left in Dynamic but the gearbox is in Drive not Sport. Pull the lever and you are in Sport. But this is not Comfort, my suspension is clearly Dynamic in this instance.
I'm pretty confident the dynamic mode is there after start up, exhaust ismt on though till I toggle, maybe takes time to kick in if just left, strange. Individual however, so things not right just say engine sound I presume this isn't the Sports exhaust as its just not the same as dynamic . I might just do what everyone's doing and disconnect the nodes for the valves be done with it once and for all . I'll order blanks !
2017 C7 RS6 PE Nardo
2014 911 991 C4S PDK White
2013 M6 Cab Blk
2012 911 997 MK2 PDK Silver
2007 RS4 Cab Grey

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:05 am

Try it for free first. If you like it then buy the valve modules.

DaytonaMatt
1st Gear

Post by DaytonaMatt » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:27 am

I unplugged and bought the valve controller. My previous M4 had a Remus catback and with valves unplugged there was a pretty bad drone at motorway speed so it was necessary to have a controller.

Personally however on the RS6 I get zero drone so just sent the controller back and have valves unplugged. It’s the sports exhaust but really not obnoxious

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:47 am

DaytonaMatt wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:27 am
I unplugged and bought the valve controller. My previous M4 had a Remus catback and with valves unplugged there was a pretty bad drone at motorway speed so it was necessary to have a controller.

Personally however on the RS6 I get zero drone so just sent the controller back and have valves unplugged. It’s the sports exhaust but really not obnoxious
Yes the OEM exhaust shouldn't drone when unplugged other wise it would drone in dynamic mode.

DaytonaMatt
1st Gear

Post by DaytonaMatt » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:00 pm

I thought get even in dynamic the flaps may close at lower RPM. Again much like the M4 system

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”