advice please.. what's dealers cost price of Akrapovic ?

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
Markp
5th Gear

Re: advice please.. what's dealers cost price of Akrapovic ?

Post by Markp » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:57 am

I would go service / brake package. And don't forget it's what the compensation is worth to you that matters - not what it costs the person providing it.

RS6Boyo
Neutral

Post by RS6Boyo » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:17 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:14 am
Audi normally offer an Exclusive paint option from any colour in the Audi range or have a more expensive option for any customised colour.
Looking at my old brochure it was £1500 for the Audi colour option or £2000 for any customised paint colour.

From the brochure:
Audi Exclusive
Any colour in the Audi range or 100 exclusive colours to choose from*
*Audi exclusive paint is subject to factory approval. Visit your local Audi Centre for colour samples.

Customised
**Customised paint is subject to factory approval, and is available for metallic and pearl-effect water-based paints only. Three colour process colours and two-tone schemes are not available.
This is what the options print off from dealer had it down as.

Colours
Exclusive Audi individual paint coating
-[Q0Q0] Audi exclusive paint finish

RS6Boyo
Neutral

Post by RS6Boyo » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:20 pm

Markp wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:57 am
I would go service / brake package. And don't forget it's what the compensation is worth to you that matters - not what it costs the person providing it.
Yes I agree.
Front disc pads prob due in next few years. And 40k service next year.
Illl see what I can wangle.
:)

Tadass910
5th Gear

Post by Tadass910 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:41 pm

What a nonsense buying exhaust for 8k eur, better add dynamic plus package

skirs6
5th Gear

Post by skirs6 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:48 pm

I had a long time away from mine soon after purchase. The thread is on here very long so don’t bother reading it all. Audi had my car for best part of four months.
Since then and several emails I’ve ended up with 3 months finance refunded four new tyres at around £1k and just last month New front discs and pads. Both sat in my garage waiting to go on the car. Total cost to me would have been nearly £4K

innercry666
3rd Gear

Post by innercry666 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:25 am

I remember seeing this car for sale whilst I was looking myself. Great colour and options. The Aston Martin grey and the B&O were what made the car stand out. It didn't have the pan roof so I passed as that was a deal breaker for me.

However, it was for sale via an independent outfit for quite a while but at a good price. If I remember rightly I then saw it for sale via Audi which I thought was odd but I think the price was a little higher.

I assume you purchased via Audi?

I hate to ask but what are the issues with the car for it to have been with them for so long?
RS6 PE - Current
RS4 (B8.5) 2015 - Sold
A4 3.0 TDI Quattro BE Avant - Gone
Focus ST170 - Garaged

RS6Boyo
Neutral

Post by RS6Boyo » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:47 pm

innercry666 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:25 am
I remember seeing this car for sale whilst I was looking myself. Great colour and options. The Aston Martin grey and the B&O were what made the car stand out. It didn't have the pan roof so I passed as that was a deal breaker for me.

However, it was for sale via an independent outfit for quite a while but at a good price. If I remember rightly I then saw it for sale via Audi which I thought was odd but I think the price was a little higher.

I assume you purchased via Audi?

I hate to ask but what are the issues with the car for it to have been with them for so long?

Hi there innercry666

interesting to hear it was for sale elsewhere but reassured you thought it was an ok car ?
yes i got it from Audi main dealership about 3 months ago , its quite unusual colour combo , can't be many around (poss only one)

Hope the history of the car is ok ? just the pan roof put you off?

hopefully hearing back in the next few days about getting the car back at end of this week -which will then be just over 6 weeks, ill chat about the problems ive had with it when i get it back , ill give them a chance to fix the issues first, but then happy to say whats happened etc... nothing major major just time away from it.
Im hoping ill report back that the dealer has been very good, in fairness great service so far, just need to get it fixed and feel semi compensated for loss of car etc

innercry666
3rd Gear

Post by innercry666 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:23 pm

Before I purchased mine I spent a lot of time on Autotrader and Audi UK looking at RS6s. I would have spent months everyday just checking seeing what was out there and this car was for sale for a while as quite a lot were. It certainly stood out against the cars that were for sale due to the colour and the B&O. As I'm sure you know these types of cars are very spec sensitive so the lack of a pan roof for me was the dealbreaker. My main thought was that it wasn't selling due to the lack of a roof and I imagine that was probably the case.

Back at the beginning of the year there were a few cars all around the £60K mark with relatively similar mileage and spec. All 2015 models being moved on from their first owners so there was an abundance of choice. There was a car via Fontain that had a exclusive grey (Tierra del Fuego) that was for sale for ages. Nothing wrong with it as Alex confirmed to me, just took time for the right buyer to come along.

However, I do remember this car ticking most boxes. Never saw it in the flesh, just via Autotrader but it was the only one I recall being sold through an independent but then was sold and a period of time afterwards appeared for sale with Audi.

There are always issues with cars. I was very apprehensive about moving from the RS4 as I'd had it from new so knew all of the warranty issues that had cropped up. When I did move into the RS6 I had it checked and it was fine. Since buying it there have been a few minor issues but ultimately as long as there is no accident damage then all bits can at least be replaced - hopefully at manufacturers expense!
RS6 PE - Current
RS4 (B8.5) 2015 - Sold
Focus ST170 - Garaged

RS6Boyo
Neutral

Post by RS6Boyo » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:11 pm

Thanks for your reassurance. Appreciate it.
No Stage 1 just yet then !
Need to own it a while and make sure all ok whilst under warranty !!
I wonder if I can find it historically on auto car if they allow searches of old vehicles sold?
Only had one previous owner on the logbook so couldn’t have actually been sold on auto trader I guess.

rtd
Cruising

Post by rtd » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:30 pm

RS6Boyo wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:42 pm
Thanks MikeFish for how to post pics

the colour is , to give what i think is the full name
Aston Martin Vanquish S Ceramic Grey,

pic 1 rs6.JPG
pic 2 RS6.JPG
Pic 3 RS6.jpg
that looks lovely congrats. sometimes it's hard in pictures to appreciate the subtleties of a special paint finish. my car is the same in pics it looks like daytona but it isn't.
Attachments
IMG_8319.PNG
Volvo XC90
C7 - RS6
C6 - RS6
B5 - RS4

innercry666
3rd Gear

Post by innercry666 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:49 pm

Lava Grey?
RS6 PE - Current
RS4 (B8.5) 2015 - Sold
Focus ST170 - Garaged

rtd
Cruising

Post by rtd » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:53 pm

innercry666 wrote:Lava Grey?
Spec sheet says black rock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Volvo XC90
C7 - RS6
C6 - RS6
B5 - RS4

RS6Boyo
Neutral

Post by RS6Boyo » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:19 pm

rtd wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:53 pm
innercry666 wrote:Lava Grey?
Spec sheet says black rock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very nice indeed. :thumbs:
Lovely.

innercry666
3rd Gear

Post by innercry666 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:56 pm

Very nice! The darker greys really suit the RS6.
RS6 PE - Current
RS4 (B8.5) 2015 - Sold
Focus ST170 - Garaged

zappy-chops
3rd Gear

Post by zappy-chops » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:23 am

MikeFish wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:09 pm
doodlebug wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:33 pm
Audi don’t officially supply in the UK. Plenty of third parties do though.
I said that on here then someone posted a video of Mr JWW having one supplied and fitted by a UK Audi dealer. Maybe they do for media celebs but not normal folk.
I watched the Mr JWW video (he had his fitted at West London Audi) and I then called my local dealer (Audi Edinburgh) asking for a quote to supply and fit and they have no knowledge of this product. The service chap said the only sports exhaust they have in their system is the one you can spec on the car at build (or comes as standard on the Performance). Mr JWW's RS6 is up for sale at present (with an independant called Brittle) and the listing says it was £8k for the exhaust.
Currently running:
18 plate Lamborghini Huracan Performante (5.2l of V10 naturally aspirated craziness)
67 plate RS6 Performance (fully loaded)
66 plate Range Rover Autobiography (for wafting around)
16 plate Mini Cooper S convertible (lots of fun but rather skittish when thrashed)

Favourite car ever owned:
1971 Citroen DS21 - The Goddess (pure art on wheels)

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”