My RS6 ownership is already over - What next?

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
EmilA
2nd Gear

Re: My RS6 ownership is already over - What next?

Post by EmilA » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:04 pm

I did view other cars even after leaving my deposit, but they weren’t as good as the one I brought on paper. There was another AUC which was for sale for a few weeks and I knew I would get a good deal but it had 10k more on the clock and less spec.
I have learnt quite a few lessons, in hindsight the keys not being available from the start was a sign and a mistakes I won’t ever make again.
The car wasn’t even washed when I got there, I found it being washed at the side of the showroom!

No compensation from Audi, I lost about £900 from finance fee’s etc but just wanted the chapter behind me in the end. I did ask but was told nothing more they can do and gave up the will to fight anymore.

It had an inspection carried out, I was given a copy but it only included wipers needed replacing and the services due. Chances are they didn’t bother doing a real check on it.

All I wanted was the car back at first, afterwards I just wanted it all over with.
To add, I removed point 22 & 23 as they weren’t relevant but context about my requirements when I was looking for a car

skirs6
5th Gear

Re: My RS6 ownership is already over - What next?

Post by skirs6 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:07 pm

This 145 point check is pure Audi fiction. When I purchased mine it had no book with it. When I asked they said you don’t need one as it’s all on the car MMI ?? Wrong some Audi employeee had helped themselves to it possibly to sell on eBay.
When I checked the car over the paint on the ROS wheel arch was cloudy not on the 145 point check ??
I then checked the tool kit and puncture repair kit only to find it was virtually under water. The 145 point check confirmed the tool kit had been checked and present. ???
When I questioned all these issues i was just fobbed off with ball sh#t.
I decided to speak to the previous owner who happened to be local he confirmed all the paperwork and manuals were present when he PX d the car. He also confirmed the car had received a new ROS wing as he had reversed into a skip in his own drive.
It turned out the garage that did the repair work were just lazy and none of the grommets had been refitted so the rear just slowly filled with water.
I eventually got it all sorted but it was real hard work.
Main dealers just want to sell cars everything else around this they are not interested.
I had more major issues with the car a few months later which required Audi UK getting involved. After months of emails I was told Audi UK are merely mediators between dealer and customer.
I’m now a year further on and happy with the car with all the issues sorted but it was unnecessarily hard work

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”