Coding C7

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
Anth
3rd Gear

Coding C7

Post by Anth » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:17 pm

As the mmi on the RS6 facelift is a little bit of a let down I'm wondering if there is some coding options out there.

As we know on the BMW range these days it's pretty much a given with the likes of Bimmercode etc. LED light brightness, screen adjustments, colours and adding power displays, adjustments to most modules and all with ease.

I'm assuming as it's not a hot topic here as we don't have anything for the OBD port plug in to access the modules and update my OCD annoying factors, like the car picture/screen content displays such as, well, any data screens at all bar the tyre info screen !

If not, how about a coding guru that has the ability to give us some/any options for mmi id even take a nice start up video !? :boohoo:
2017 C7 RS6 PE Nardo
2014 911 991 C4S PDK White
2013 M6 Cab Blk
2012 911 997 MK2 PDK Silver
2007 RS4 Cab Grey

MikeFish
Cruising

Re: Coding C7

Post by MikeFish » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:05 pm

You can adjust the brightness of the internal LED lighting already.
Not heard of anyone getting any data up on the main screen though. Or any other fancy changes.

There are plenty of changes you can make with VCDS (or other plug in modules) that improve things though. And I think many of the adjustable things are still undiscovered.

I coded the following on my car:
tailgate close with remote
tailgate close with button on door
stop handbrake coming on when you open the drivers door
rear lights on with DRLs i.e on all the time
front DRLs can turn off from MMI
turn off seat belt warning chimes
make handbrake release when you press accelerator even if seat belt if off
make start / stop remember the last set mode so I don't have to turn it off every time I start the car
start /stop LED inverted so it is on when start / stop on rather than when start / stop off
Video in Motion (had to get someone else to do this for me)

I'm sure there is more but can't recall them all. The one that I still really want but haven't figured out yet is to stop the warning beeps when you open the drivers door with the ignition / engine on; really annoying. I know you can press the left button on the steering wheel but would like to permanently silence it.

dasquade
3rd Gear

Post by dasquade » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:31 pm

*OBDeleven: OBD scanner/programmer, comes with several 'one click' apps to change settings (see post of MikeFish).
*FIS controle: altough still in development, the maker is making good progress making an module for the C7 platform. It will give you multiple gauges on the MMI screen, whatsapp messages, emails.
*Carplay
*Custom adjustable start-up MMI screen (there are some files out there you need to load on sd card and load at boot.

Afaik there is indeed not fix for the annoying drivers door ignition. Some folks i know are working on custom module/chip to allow the use of R8 steeringwheel (button lin code needs to be convered by module etc...), but we will try to add a command that gets loaded when the module gets power to send a 'left arrow button' command in case the door is open (if all possible not sure, annoying but worst things in life ;) ).

At times the C7 platform starts to show it's age (no virtual cockpit and some other limited things) and sadely some things are pretty hard to adjust if even possible.

EmilA
2nd Gear

Post by EmilA » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:45 pm

Mike - those plug in modules, any that you can recommend to buy?
That chim is damn annoying too

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:09 pm

I use VCDS, probably the most expensive and needs a laptop but probably the most versatile.
Popular modules are Carista and obdeleven I think.

Anth
3rd Gear

Post by Anth » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:25 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:05 pm
Not heard of anyone getting any data up on the main screen though. Or any other fancy changes.

There are plenty of changes you can make with VCDS (or other plug in modules) that improve things though. And I think many of the adjustable things are still undiscovered.

make start / stop remember the last set mode so I don't have to turn it off every time I start the car
start /stop LED inverted so it is on when start / stop on rather than when start / stop off

I'm sure there is more but can't recall them all. The one that I still really want but haven't figured out yet is to stop the warning beeps when you open the drivers door with the ignition / engine on; really annoying. I know you can press the left button on the steering wheel but would like to permanently silence it.
Thank you Mike , this is great I've ordered the bits required and VSDC to get this started .
Is there any more infomation on the data screens etc. being worked on and timescales for possible ETA?
Ps. LED Brigtness I was talking about in OP was external matrix LED brightness . I'll certainly get the rear LED on with DLR though .
2017 C7 RS6 PE Nardo
2013 M6 Cab Blk
2007 RS4 Cab Grey

dasquade
3rd Gear

Post by dasquade » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:15 pm

I would suggest you get OBDeleven over Carista....just saying.

Not sure if you were refurring to me and the FIScontrole (is there any more info on the data screens etc....)
If so, https://fis-control.de/index_en.html
But like said, eventough the MMI version for the platforms before C7 is 'recently' released (tought in may), since then he has been working on the C7 and other modern platforms.
Some info on that forum be he also has a YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVjPIJ ... zZltG1MF3w
Keep in mind it will be pretty custom work (DIY) but will allow you to do a lot :).
As for ETA....it will be done when it is done ;).
It is a one person project and still has other things on his hands but he is on top of it (already a few test modules has been sended out and still some issues to overcome) but imho the best module i have seen out there.

Anth
3rd Gear

Post by Anth » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:28 pm

dasquade wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:15 pm
I would suggest you get OBDeleven over Carista....just saying.

Not sure if you were refurring to me and the FIScontrole (is there any more info on the data screens etc....)
If so, https://fis-control.de/index_en.html
But like said, eventough the MMI version for the platforms before C7 is 'recently' released (tought in may), since then he has been working on the C7 and other modern platforms.
Some info on that forum be he also has a YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVjPIJ ... zZltG1MF3w
Keep in mind it will be pretty custom work (DIY) but will allow you to do a lot :).
As for ETA....it will be done when it is done ;).
It is a one person project and still has other things on his hands but he is on top of it (already a few test modules has been sended out and still some issues to overcome) but imho the best module i have seen out there.
Thanks Dasq, I will for sure I'm expecting some bits though this week I'll get this ordered also. Just to turn some of the Alarms off its worth it also rear DLR LED I fancy .
2017 C7 RS6 PE Nardo
2013 M6 Cab Blk
2007 RS4 Cab Grey

Mr Footlong
Cruising

Post by Mr Footlong » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:54 pm

MikeFish wrote:

Mike, you sexeh beast. Are these coding mods dotted throughout your build thread? I have VCDS and know how to use it, but this girl is new to me as you know, cheers :). I am especially interest in the bootlid mod.
Current:

"Brutus"- C5 RS6 Avant - MRC stage 2 - Milltek non-res + 100 cell cats - Wagner ICs - PSS9 - H&R ARBs - OZ Superturismo LM - C6 Custom brakes - HD RNS-E - Various other bits - 555PS/832Nm

Gone:
"Taz"- C7 RS6 - MRC stage 2 - Milltek non-res + 100 cell cats, uprated fuel pumps, race plugs, 745PS/1095Nm
12' Cayenne Turbo, B7 RS4, S3, Cupra R, XJR, EVO VII, STI8,5,2&WRX, 106 GTI&XSI, other crap.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:01 pm

Mr Footlong wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:54 pm
MikeFish wrote:

Mike, you sexeh beast. Are these coding mods dotted throughout your build thread? I have VCDS and know how to use it, but this girl is new to me as you know, cheers :). I am especially interest in the bootlid mod.
I have them all typed up somewhere. Let me dig it out and copy and paste rather than type it all out. I think I may have even posted it on here somehwere a long time ago but couldn't tell you where. It's not in my build thread though.

Mr Footlong
Cruising

Post by Mr Footlong » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:29 pm

Current:

"Brutus"- C5 RS6 Avant - MRC stage 2 - Milltek non-res + 100 cell cats - Wagner ICs - PSS9 - H&R ARBs - OZ Superturismo LM - C6 Custom brakes - HD RNS-E - Various other bits - 555PS/832Nm

Gone:
"Taz"- C7 RS6 - MRC stage 2 - Milltek non-res + 100 cell cats, uprated fuel pumps, race plugs, 745PS/1095Nm
12' Cayenne Turbo, B7 RS4, S3, Cupra R, XJR, EVO VII, STI8,5,2&WRX, 106 GTI&XSI, other crap.

Mr Footlong
Cruising

Post by Mr Footlong » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:35 pm

I found this, looks like a pretty damn good compilation of coding most for Pre and Post-FL models - http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/show ... CDS-Tricks
Current:

Gone:

Anth
3rd Gear

Post by Anth » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:44 pm

Mr Footlong wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:35 pm
I found this, looks like a pretty damn good compilation of coding most for Pre and Post-FL models - http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/show ... CDS-Tricks
Some nice little goodies there :beerchug:

Although VCDS is a pain in the ass ... I have the Bimmercode stuff on the iPhone with a Bluetooth OBD link and it was perfect ; rear DLR - close boot with key - DLR light 100% on main beam, all sound good for the RS .

Screens and outdated imaging kills me still for a 17 FL car ! :audibash:
2017 C7 RS6 PE Nardo
2013 M6 Cab Blk
2007 RS4 Cab Grey

Audimeister41
Neutral

Post by Audimeister41 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:51 pm

Mr Footlong wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:35 pm
I found this, looks like a pretty damn good compilation of coding most for Pre and Post-FL models - http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread. ... CDS-Tricks
REally excellent, thanks for sharing :jump:

Tadass910
5th Gear

Post by Tadass910 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:30 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:09 pm
I use VCDS, probably the most expensive and needs a laptop but probably the most versatile.
Popular modules are Carista and obdeleven I think.
Can you do with Carista that boot open/close with remote control?

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”