Lack of Boost and engine response below 2,500rpm

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
shanek
1st Gear

Re: Lack of Boost and engine response below 2,500rpm

Post by shanek » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:46 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:11 pm
I just tried it.
30mph and 1600rpm is in 5th. Mine feels slow on this test too as it is way to low a gear for that speed. If it was in auto you'd be fine and be in triple digits in no time but in manual and in 5th then you might as well be in a 1.4 diesel.
mine does go straight into overboost and boost start very low and slowly rises.
tried putting in manual and flooring at 2000 rpm a few times but nothing really happens very quickly. Do the same in auto and bye bye.
My overboost isn't operating (the boost gauge does not go red at any point). That in itself should be enough for Audi Technical to find an issue with but they didnt seem to be too concerned with it.
With the gearbox in auto, it does kick down and get some forward progress going but nowhere near as much as it used to do.
If on a dual carriageway and someone impedes your progress back to normal speeds, once they depart the fast lane and i am allowed to accelerate again, a kickdown to 7th would have normally allowed decent progress back to cruising speed, however, to obtain that level of acceleration now, the gearbox needs to drop to 6th with a much larger accelerator pedal input.
Its also a teller when you struggle to keep with a Golf R off a roundabout!

shanek
1st Gear

Re: Lack of Boost and engine response below 2,500rpm

Post by shanek » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:00 pm

Just a quick one for you guys with a Performance Edition, does your car overboost all the time or do you have to be in Sport mode on the gearbox?
Just got mine back from the stealer with no faults found and no improvement but I did notice on the drive back that when Im in sport mode, the boost gauge goes red and torque picks up faster than when not in sport mode.
Can anyone confirm if theirs does overboost when not in sport mode as Im sure it would overboost regardless of gearbox selection previously?

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”