The Mapping coin

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
Baywrasse
Neutral

Re: The Mapping coin

Post by Baywrasse » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:23 pm

I had my car which was first regd November 2015 at MRC end of April for a stage 2 tune. Am based up in North Isles so I run the car on 95r fuel cant get the good fuel 98r or better so I took fuel with me for the tune.
It has made a huge difference first run on rolling rod was 552ps 786nm last run was 677ps 994nm. I know it’s not over 700ps or over 1000nm but considering the fuel I have to use i was prepared to accept a lesser gain.
But wow what a difference power through all the gears is amazing!
The noise of a full miltek is awesome!
Normal everyday drive is let’s say just normal. Little bit noisery but it sounds great to me!
Yes I have taken a risk with having 6 month of warranty left when I did it only 2 month now but that’s the risk.
Before I took the plunge of the stage 2 I weighed up buying a second hand PE and decided on tune. I gave a PE owner a shot of her after the tune and he couldn’t believe the difference. He was jealous of the difference of the gains.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:31 pm

Baywrasse wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:23 pm
I had my car which was first regd November 2015 at MRC end of April for a stage 2 tune. Am based up in North Isles so I run the car on 95r fuel cant get the good fuel 98r or better so I took fuel with me for the tune.
It has made a huge difference first run on rolling rod was 552ps 786nm last run was 677ps 994nm. I know it’s not over 700ps or over 1000nm but considering the fuel I have to use i was prepared to accept a lesser gain.
But wow what a difference power through all the gears is amazing!
The noise of a full miltek is awesome!
Normal everyday drive is let’s say just normal. Little bit noisery but it sounds great to me!
Yes I have taken a risk with having 6 month of warranty left when I did it only 2 month now but that’s the risk.
Before I took the plunge of the stage 2 I weighed up buying a second hand PE and decided on tune. I gave a PE owner a shot of her after the tune and he couldn’t believe the difference. He was jealous of the difference of the gains.
Are you saying you have an MRC stage 2 tune with full milltek i.e. turbo back exhaust? Is that sports cats or decat? With those numbers and 95ron I'd still expect more, unless you have a cat back milltek not the full system?

Baywrasse
Neutral

Post by Baywrasse » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:49 pm

yes I have a stage 2 from MRC they put on the large bore down pipes and high flow cats part no. SSXAU554 I already had the non res cat back miltek on the car which I bought a year early from revolution don’t think it was turbo cat back. I asked for the cats left in so it would pass the mot. So I have miltek front and back but probably the tamed down version of both.

Tadass910
5th Gear

Post by Tadass910 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:46 pm

chunky79 wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:49 am
Anth wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:25 pm
I'd be lying if I really didn't fancy a stage 2 right now after watching this video!

https://nam01.safelinks.protection.outl ... reserved=0
Shocker that Mr Milltek (bellow you) only posted about the exhaust in the comments :roll:
Haha relax take it easy

Anth
3rd Gear

Post by Anth » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:00 pm

I was having a drive tonight , sun out blue sky's , cold air & car feeling responsive as hell on a back road in dynamic, (roads are a shambles so I try avoid having the stock 21"s killed on a pot hole which is what I think has happened every time I hit one as I'm sure we all do after seeing the horror story's) , any way just talking in another post regards letting the car cool down and driving aggressive in dynamic, after tonight assault of the local back roads I did feel better knowing that I've not squeezed every hp out with a remap that the cars not running at capacity so giving the car a good work out isn't as bad maybe as really flooring the car mapped? At least my thoughts when I got in and felt how hot she was and the fans going full whack ! Probably psychological :bash:
2017 C7 RS6 PE Nardo
2014 911 991 C4S PDK White
2013 M6 Cab Blk
2012 911 997 MK2 PDK Silver
2007 RS4 Cab Grey

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:31 pm

My garage warms up pretty quick after even a little gentle drive. And when both cars come back in after an enthusiastic drive you could probably warm the house for a day from it.

Anth
3rd Gear

Post by Anth » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:38 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:31 pm
My garage warms up pretty quick after even a little gentle drive. And when both cars come back in after an enthusiastic drive you could probably warm the house for a day from it.
That was tonight Mike ! Let's start a new eco club and start doing a bbq off the front disks :beerchug:

Is yours stock Mike?
2017 C7 RS6 PE Nardo
2013 M6 Cab Blk
2007 RS4 Cab Grey

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:40 pm

Stock in terms of engine / power other than an air filter.

Anth
3rd Gear

Post by Anth » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:53 pm

Temped Mike ? What air filter have you gone for and have you noticed some more induction noise?
2017 C7 RS6 PE Nardo
2013 M6 Cab Blk
2007 RS4 Cab Grey

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:19 pm

Half tempted but think the car is plenty fast enough and could do without losing my license.
All mods in my build thread and also in my signature. I have the Eventuri intake. Firstly just because it looks so good. Secondly I hoped for some more noise. I think it is noisier but can't hear it with my exhaust. But I can hear the turbos and other such noises (do these cars have wastegates?). Wasn't expecting any performance gain but it definitely feels like it pulls harder now.

DaveBee
2nd Gear

Post by DaveBee » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:24 pm

Just had this done today. To say I'm delighted would be an understatement...

A little confused where the pre-map numbers came from mind you as the car is pre PE. Perhaps the car had already been mapped?

This is a stage 1 map by the way but it has totally transformed the driving experience. Way more driveable and responsive, more power and yet smoother progression it seems.

RS6 Dyno.jpg
David

Anth
3rd Gear

Post by Anth » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:36 pm

Hi DaveB,

You don't work for them do you ? Ha

That Tq figure ! Beautiful .. Are you outside warranty and have you had the car a while before you took the plunge so you really notice your map?

Ps. I've seen a few people say they have had well over the odds on dyno I friends PE was 645 on dyno stock, I'm sure they would have seen if it was mapped before on the ecu count, what's the car like top end with your stage one where are you noticing significantly ?

Thanks for the media too all looks well :-)
2017 C7 RS6 PE Nardo
2013 M6 Cab Blk
2007 RS4 Cab Grey

DaveBee
2nd Gear

Post by DaveBee » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:10 pm

Nope, I don't work for them at all, just a satisfied customer although I did read their excellent reviews beforehand and watch a few vids on YouTube.

Car is 2014, 33K miles, outside of warranty. I bought it from an independent dealer 2 months ago and couldn't be happier. Truth be told I've only had the car flat out once and that was before the remap. I don't have much chance in the south east to get it flat out often but with the remap, quite honestly I don't need to. I could tell the benefits immediately I drove away from them in comfort mode. Just as smooth, but way more responsive and less throttle needed which to me makes it much more driveable. Once in Individual (dynamic) mode the car just comes alive with almost instant power delivery and an almost perfectly balanced throttle to speed sensitivity. I therefore know already that flat out is something the car will achieve much quicker and effortlessly than with the stock map either in sport auto or manual. They do also have a gear box remap but currently for the RS6 they can only change the shift points not the shift timing and so I'm going to wait until they can do this also.

I'm hoping to install a P3 Gauge unit soon and then I'll be able to run some accurate 0-60 times etc. I'd be amazed if wasn't sub 3 seconds now.

The JFA map can be wiped at any time and they provide a lifetime guarantee they'll reload it should you ever need it. I may at some point add better air flow and an exhaust then go for a stage 2, but for now I couldn't be happier.

Would I have done it if the car were still under warranty? Probably not in all honesty as I'm too chicken to take too many risks, but that's just me. I would though take the risk with one of the hardware (chipping) solutions that can be unplugged and removed in moments should it need to be. I haven't though done a huge amount of research into these so can't really comment further or know if they would provide equivalent performance.

If I've failed to answer any questions just ask please. If you're anywhere near Kent, you're welcome to come and experience it for yourself.
David

Anth
3rd Gear

Post by Anth » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:20 am

Thanks David ,

A good friend of mine just had his RR SVR mapped and said the same , power feels more available immediately on throttle, the need to be heavy footed is eradicated some-what, which I get with the RS, it would be nice to have that full boost a little sooner without kick down requirment would be preferred for my personal drive style .

If I went for this I'd use DMS I've used them before and their support is great, as all of the guys over there and advice, they have said there custom RS6 map is highly sort after and makes a huge diffrence to then car... they come to you thought and download their custom map - no Dyno etc . What's the thoughts on this one .. I guess the map has done its magic and unless you need to squeeze another few bhp out its not required?

Lastly David, you still feeling the map benefits now it's been a week or so or have you adjusted to the gain . I always thought going from stock to map on other cars was ok! But going from map to stock was horrendous !
2017 C7 RS6 PE Nardo
2013 M6 Cab Blk
2007 RS4 Cab Grey

DaveBee
2nd Gear

Post by DaveBee » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:03 am

Anth wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:20 am
Lastly David, you still feeling the map benefits now it's been a week or so or have you adjusted to the gain . I always thought going from stock to map on other cars was ok! But going from map to stock was horrendous !
Without doubt I still feel the benefit every time I go out in the car. An increase of nearly 100BHP and 200Nm is hard not to notice. I'm still delighted I had it done and it was worth every penny. Not sure I'd been keen on having a 'standard' map installed though. The reason I used JFA is that they do every car of this power on the dyno and create a totally custom map for that car. As no two engines/drive trains are identical in performance, I think this has to be the better way. Just my opinion.

Regards,
David

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”