The Mapping coin

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
uplandsway
3rd Gear

Re: The Mapping coin

Post by uplandsway » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:18 am

Anth wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:11 pm
MikeFish wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:04 am
My warranty runs out in a few weeks. Renew warranty or remap? Hmmm
Who would you go with Mike if you made the plunge and went for it? I do here good things about MRC. DMS have aways been very good with service on my last cars, very helpful.
DaveBee wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:53 am
[quote=zappy-chops post_id=907637 time=<a href="tel:1548670366">1548670366</a> user_id=41939]
Chaps, do the remaps from the various companies do the same thing? Is an APR, MRC, Litchfield,.. stage 1 map exactly the same thing?
I would say each one is very different. Yes, they do the same thing in terms of raising HP and torque, but the way they get there can be very different and produce wildly different results, especially in torque and in many cases it depends what you spend. Some companies simply load a generic map they've built over time and say that's it, others take a lot more care and create an individual map for your car on a rolling road etc. Some companies are loved by some, hated by others. Some will charge you if the remap ever needs reloading, others will do it for free. The big boys, APR, MRC etc. provide reliable solid maps, but they're not the most adventurous by a long shot and often the smaller companies take much more care and precision. Anyway, that's my opinion of course, I'm sure there'll be others :)
I agree Dave, although I guess the gamble increases on the smaller outfits there's that many of them these days. The 911 remap wasn't actually done on the RR was a sent to me by DMS but it did transform the car to the point I would struggle to have a stock car, I had a demo when mine was having the breaks done and the diffrence going back to stock was mind blowing

uplandsway wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:26 am
[quote=Anth post_id=907611 time=<a href="tel:1548630926">1548630926</a> user_id=31869]
I'm just going to bump this for 2019.

Any new C7 RS6 remaps happening in 2019 or have happened?

Verdicts and full reviews all welcome on the tuning and the experiences with the company's used. I'm looking to have stage one, fuel pumps, spark upgrades done 2019 possibly Airbox etc but with the C8 looming don't think I'll go to wild. I'll be happy with 900nm / 680bhp also I don't want to obtain every last drop and still want to pull from the lights without Diff woes!

Have DMS sending me some VBOX data this week from other C7s so I can post if anyone's intrested.
I`m currently APR stage 1 which was carried out December 2018 and will be going to APR stage 2 end of next week, with some additional bits to fit when they arrive with dyno testing to follow (likely that parts delayed via USA).

Performance Mods list so far and including all bits on the way for stage 2...suppose I`ll report back when work complete

MillteK Non Res Exhaust - fitted at stage 1
K&N Air Filter - fitted at stage 1
APR stage 1 ECU Tuning (with APR Mobile Dongle)

Silly Rabbit Motorsport Air Intakes (said to be on way from USA) - stage 2
Venom upgrade Throttle bodies - (first in queue for next delivery when in stock) stage 2
NGK <a href="tel:7438-8 4905">7438-8 4905</a> Race Plugs - stage 2
Peron 3" Decat Down pipes - stage 2
Autotech uprated fuel pump(s) - stage 2
Engine Oil & Filter change prior to stage 2 tuning
APR stage 2 ECU Tuning
[/quote]

Hello mate. What is the figures on your APR stage 1? How did you find it comparing with stock as you've only just had toy stage 1, and reasons for stage 2, do you feel like you just need more power and have the bug? :lol:
[/quote]

Morning,

APR dyno on the day after stage 1 (milltek non res and k&n filter) 671.17hp and 784.12ft.lb.
Independent local dyno few days after APR stage 1 686.30hp and 1028nm (was at same dyno prior to stage 1 and it read 624hp and 758nm)

Theres certainly more pull through the drive train and feels much more responsive.

Reasons for Stage 2, why not, you only live once. :smile_smoking:

Like Mike :kissmyrings: said MRC are well thought of and highly regarded in the VAG circle but I went APR via AwesomeGTI in Manchester and cannot fault them, plus the fact they are around 2.5 hours drive from me which suits.
They have also went the extra mile for me with sorting / arranging / returning stuff and dealing with my impatience. :oops: :oops:
Go with not just your heart but your head too :wink:

Take care and good luck.
Cheers,
Stevie F
2016 C7.5 RS6 Performance

Daveperc
Cruising

Post by Daveperc » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:24 pm

Just to join the throng...

I'm booked in to have MRC do their standard stage 2 tune mid-March. Swichable maps, race plugs, uprated fuel pumps and air filter.

Why MRC? Basically because I trust them not to do anything that will mess up my motor. They have looked after my beasts for the past 11 years and whilst there are always details on the customer service side that could be improved (especially their coffee!!) they have never let me down, and have always sorted out whatever strange problems I brought them Iincluding complete rebuild of my first C5 after I drove it into a flood!!)

AFAIK they only offer Stage 2 and above for the C7 RS6 - ie a custom tune for your car based on what ever mods you have on there, but they pretty well insist on the plugs and pumps to avoid some of the engine failures that have been witnessed on here with other tunes.

They haven't won Audi Gold Tuner of the year every year for the past 10+ years for nothing!

Can't wait!!

Dave

PS - I'm sure one of the maps will be specially adapted for my mudflaps!! :jump:

Toffeebananas
1st Gear

Post by Toffeebananas » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:51 pm

Could be game over for the flaps if they get stuck in the rollers!
Have you already got down pipes and decat? For some reason I thought I needed down pipes for stage 2 :?

Daveperc
Cruising

Post by Daveperc » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:49 pm

Hi - no I am currently on "Sports" exhaust.

MRC's definition of the stages, as I understand it, is:
- Stage 1 - generic tune for the model
- Stage 2 - individual tune optimised to the state of the car, which could include exhaust etc if you want
- Stage 3 - individual tune with mods to major components such as turbo's etc

Other tuners may vary in how they describe things

Dave

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:28 pm

Daveperc wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:49 pm
Hi - no I am currently on "Sports" exhaust.

MRC's definition of the stages, as I understand it, is:
- Stage 1 - generic tune for the model
- Stage 2 - individual tune optimised to the state of the car, which could include exhaust etc if you want
- Stage 3 - individual tune with mods to major components such as turbo's etc

Other tuners may vary in how they describe things

Dave
Dave is right, but most people would consider a remap with anything up to a cat back exhaust and air filter as a stage 1 tune. A stage 2 would be with decats or sports cats and stage 3 new turbos. But as Dave said, MRC will do a custom tune regardless of the mods you have which is why some people comment about how much the MRC stage 1 costs compared to some other companies that just flash a generic tune.

Daveperc
Cruising

Post by Daveperc » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:37 pm

MRC stage details and definitions are here http://www.mrctuning.com/index.php/remapping/ :FIREdevil:

It's only the 4.0 TFSi (ie ours) engine that they don't offer a generic Stage 1 map for AFAIK.

Toffeebananas
1st Gear

Post by Toffeebananas » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:34 pm

I already have their stage 1. Was a little excited when I thought I don’t need the downpipes and decat for stage 2. Understand, I don’t have to have it. But guessing it would be benaficial. I save a few more pennies and get the downpipe and decat. Tempted with the decat and down pipe you can get off eBay for just over £500. Can’t see why not to go for this one as it half the price of the Miltek

Toffeebananas
1st Gear

Post by Toffeebananas » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:34 pm

Thanks for help

Daveperc
Cruising

Post by Daveperc » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:58 pm

Tempted with the decat and down pipe
No cats = MOT fail. You either need Sports Cats, or be prepared to refit Cats each year for MOT. Or a "Very Helpful" MOT station :oops:

Toffeebananas
1st Gear

Post by Toffeebananas » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:14 pm

I have a friendly MOT station 😉

uplandsway
3rd Gear

Post by uplandsway » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:17 pm

Toffeebananas wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:14 pm
I have a friendly MOT station 😉
I have found one in advance :FIREdevil:
Cheers,
Stevie F

Anth
3rd Gear

Post by Anth » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:31 pm

Spoke with MRC today, they said they would change air filter out with high flow filter (I always think how much air can the filter actually let in from stock, I can't imagen a RS car having a restricted filter?) and Tune they expect 650-690bhp and 950nm Bill was 1083gbp all in .

It is a bit of a drive for me, about 4 hours which will be a stop over . Food for thought here. The more I think, the more I want 950nm ☺️
2017 C7 RS6 PE Nardo
2014 911 991 C4S PDK White
2013 M6 Cab Blk
2012 911 997 MK2 PDK Silver
2007 RS4 Cab Grey

gsc
2nd Gear

Post by gsc » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:13 am

MikeFish wrote:My warranty runs out in a few weeks. Renew warranty or remap? Hmmm

You know the answer to that one already!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

uplandsway
3rd Gear

Post by uplandsway » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:16 am

MikeFish wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:04 am
My warranty runs out in a few weeks. Renew warranty or remap? Hmmm
Mike,

You know you wanna remap.

I have spare fuel pumps for you too when they arrive from US (dont ask), exactly the same as what MRC supply i just tried to get cheaper and failed.

will be available anyhow
Cheers,
Stevie F

gsc
2nd Gear

The Mapping coin

Post by gsc » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:18 am

So did this at the weekend, currently APR stage 1 with their catted Downpipes mated to OE sports exhaust with resonators and muffler removed plus Piper Ross filter. I haven’t messed with plugs, pumps or injectors.

I’ve had this set up on the car for just over 8 months but never tested what difference there was after having just the ECU file. With the file only it was 680bhp and 1025NM.

Now 722bhp and 1104NM / 815ft lbs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”