The Mapping coin

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
MikeFish
Cruising

Re: The Mapping coin

Post by MikeFish » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:06 pm

You need matrix LED lights.

Daveperc
Cruising

Post by Daveperc » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:51 pm

I already have them! And the beam is too shallow on a switchback! :drink: :drink:

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:53 pm

Daveperc wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:51 pm
I already have them! And the beam is too shallow on a switchback! :drink: :drink:
Did you have your full beams on?

I thought your car was pre-facelift?

Daveperc
Cruising

Post by Daveperc » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:55 pm

No, I just drove on side lights!! WTF!! :<beep>_you:

Please don't keep asking facile questions - of course I had full beam on!

Daveperc
Cruising

Post by Daveperc » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:57 pm

I thought your car was pre-facelift?
It is, but the Matrix lights were an option which I have.

"Dynamic Package Plus. Includes a top speed restriction increase to 189mph*, Ceramic brakes (PC5), RS sports suspension plus with
Dynamic Ride Control (2MC), Dynamic steering (1N8) and All-LED headlights including high-beam assist (PX2). Please note this option
forces the removal of tow bar bracket preparation (1D0)"
Last edited by Daveperc on Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:59 pm

No matrix lights on pre-facelift. LEDs were an option but they are not matrix. Matrix LEDs make a huge difference.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:01 pm

Daveperc wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:55 pm
No, I just drove on side lights!! WTF!! :<beep>_you:

Please don't keep asking facile questions - of course I had full beam on!
I asked because it the matrix part of the LEDs only work when full beam is on and when they are in matrix full beam mode I've never had such a problem.

Anth
3rd Gear

Post by Anth » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:02 pm

Daveperc wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:37 pm
Have you really had chance to test her legs now ?
Yes - proper chance on Sunday night - leaving South Manchester mid evening and arriving in SW Wales some 210 miles later, in 210 minutes! Although some early miles are M'way (with usual Sunday evening traffic), the bulk of the route is a mix of twisty A and B roads with Google throwing in a few miles of back lanes to get round an obstruction on the main road!

Main observation is that the mid-range torque is off the scale, which means exit from bends, and/or overtaking, is extremely quick! It really is amazingly quick down the straights, and the ceramics never felt anything other than solid into the bends.

It is still a 2 tonne barge through the twisties, though to be honest I never got close to the limit mainly because I needed to take care of my passenger too! I did "play" with a Golf GTi for a while, but he was a young lad without a passenger so I eventually let him go through the twisties as my pax was complaining.

Only "weakness" in the system is the lights. They have plenty of lateral light through bends, but the beam lacks vertical depth, so coming over blind crests, and to an extent in dips too, there is a distinct lack of light to tell you where the road goes! In the old days I'd have added a big spot bar and some proper illumination - these days I think that would spoil the look!

Overall the car is now just brilliant, and I suspect is more capable than the driver! :notworthy:
Nice.. I agree it's all in the mId range, surges up and the power is just relentless ! Back roads are insane! Slightly jealous of the ceramics tbh ! Matrix lights are a beautiful but of kit work well for me on the back roads at night .

Mike, over boost I ment the Bar increase, so I'd nk MRC are running +0.2/0.3 bar on mapping, which is the reason they change the Sparks out .. Tbh perfomance or new stock are more Than enough .
2017 C7 RS6 PE Nardo
2014 911 991 C4S PDK White
2013 M6 Cab Blk
2012 911 997 MK2 PDK Silver
2007 RS4 Cab Grey

Daveperc
Cruising

Post by Daveperc » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:16 pm

No matrix lights on pre-facelift. LEDs were an option but they are not matrix. Matrix LEDs make a huge difference.
OK - I stand corrected. I'm guessing that's a really expensive retrofit!

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:20 pm

Daveperc wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:16 pm
OK - I stand corrected. I'm guessing that's a really expensive retrofit!
Yes, from memory the headlight shape is a little different so needs either facelift wings or bonnet or both.
Assuming you already took care of that element of the works, to change from non-matrix headlights to matrix ones on a facelift A6 costs £4250 + VAT.
https://www.hazzydayz.com/audi-a6-4g-al ... 2647-p.asp

Edit: oh and I think a new bumper.

Daveperc
Cruising

Post by Daveperc » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:03 pm

Yes, from memory the headlight shape is a little different so needs either facelift wings or bonnet or both.
Assuming you already took care of that element of the works, to change from non-matrix headlights to matrix ones on a facelift A6 costs £4250 + VAT.
https://www.hazzydayz.com/audi-a6-4g-al ... 2647-p.asp

Edit: oh and I think a new bumper.
Well that's not going to happen then! :shock:

Tadass910
5th Gear

Post by Tadass910 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:31 pm

Pointless to do so expensive matrix retrofit, leds work just fine

Daveperc
Cruising

Post by Daveperc » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:54 am

leds work just fine
Of course they 'work' - they just don't have enough vertical spread! :roll:

The problem is on switchback narrow lanes. I happen to not enjoy coming over a blind brow at high speed and having to wait till the car is pointing nose-down to see whether the road turns left or right immediately. Yes I can hurl the car into the immediate bend confident it will stick, but it isn't comfortable for the passengers! :FIREdevil:

I'm sure the Matrix lights would improve things, but TBH for that much money I think the answer is just to slow somewhat before blind brows!! (or get my navigator back into calling the bends!!). It is only a "problem" when pushing to make progress at night on narrow lanes in hilly places like mid-Wales. On A/B roads they are fine, the humps aren't so sharp, and the bends are usually signed. :twisted:

Markp
5th Gear

Post by Markp » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:43 pm

Daveperc wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:54 am
leds work just fine
Of course they 'work' - they just don't have enough vertical spread! :roll:

The problem is on switchback narrow lanes. I happen to not enjoy coming over a blind brow at high speed and having to wait till the car is pointing nose-down to see whether the road turns left or right immediately. Yes I can hurl the car into the immediate bend confident it will stick, but it isn't comfortable for the passengers! :FIREdevil:

I'm sure the Matrix lights would improve things, but TBH for that much money I think the answer is just to slow somewhat before blind brows!! (or get my navigator back into calling the bends!!). It is only a "problem" when pushing to make progress at night on narrow lanes in hilly places like mid-Wales. On A/B roads they are fine, the humps aren't so sharp, and the bends are usually signed. :twisted:

I live in a rural area with lots of lanes with blind brows and the C7 LEDs (matrix or otherwise) - and the ones on the B9 - are very good in my experience. Are yours adjusted correctly?
Or maybe your issue is "over blind brow at high speed" on "switchback narrow lanes". Hope you don't live in my neck of the woods :)

Daveperc
Cruising

Post by Daveperc » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:42 pm

Or maybe your issue is "over blind brow at high speed" on "switchback narrow lanes". Hope you don't live in my neck of the woods :)
Yep - that's the issue!! :rocker:

Afraid I can't reassure you I won't be round the next bend.. Last week it was mid Wales, next is the Lakes, and who knows after that!! I might catch you anywhere!! :sekret:

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”