Be careful out there....

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
mikeyw
2nd Gear

Re: Be careful out there....

Post by mikeyw » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:29 pm

I should just say that the insurance co sold my old car through a salvage company - the interior was screwed, so if anyone gets offered a Sepang Blue KP16 reg feel free to ask me about it.

Magrillz
Neutral

Post by Magrillz » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:56 am

Really sorry to hear about your experience Mikeyw. I also live in the West Midlands and am nervous about the recent car theft and car jacking. I currently drive an S4 and have my heart set on an Rs6 in a year or so but unsure yet. It’s annoying that as soon as you have anything nice people want to take it. Hope you don’t have any more trouble and the cctv etc helps!
B8 S4 Avant 2010, Ibis White, Sports Diff, MRC Stage 1 444bhp

RS4Guy
1st Gear

Post by RS4Guy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:58 pm

Wow, just been reading all this. Makes me very nervous. A few weeks back my wife went out to go to work and left an unopened packet of crisps on the roof of the RS. I asked her why? She said they were on the floor between our cars and thought I’d dropped them. They were not mine. A few nights later I heard crunching on the gravel outside. I shot out of bed and opened the window - could not see anything. My paranoia has been on high alert ever since.

Purchased a good quality steering lock device. We never leave the car keys at home if we go out. Hoping that’s enough and they’ll choose the easier target - the B8 RS4 over the road instead. Would prefer neither are targeted of course.
Current: 2007 B7 RS4 Avant sprint blue
Current: 2004/04 TT V6 DSG dolomite with BBS LM.
Gone list: 2018 C7 RS6 Performance in Nardo, 2007 B7 RS4 Avant Phantom Black (should never have sold it), 2003/03 8N TT 225 Black, 2002 8L S3 in Silver, Renaultsport Clio 172 - x2

mikeyw
2nd Gear

Post by mikeyw » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:11 pm

We are on high alert every night now - its hard to not react especially as we now have an alarm and that went off last week at 3.30am. Nothing there but my heart was beating out of my chest as I was thinking not again. This time I had the dog and he wasnt going bonkers so one of us knew it was a false alarm, just not me! I dont have an RS now, but I did get a nice replacement car - by the way, GAP insurance - got to recommend it. And NFU insurance, they were just amazing. Not the cheapest, but dealing with real people who cared was quite refreshing and gave me the outcome we wanted. Ultimately I guess these worries will pass, but I would certainly take sensible precautions to protect what you value. I was a wake up call for us.

prestigewheelcentre
Trader (Expired)

Post by prestigewheelcentre » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:32 am

mikeyw wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:03 pm
So, car has gone - Insurance company have settled as a 'total loss' and i'm now in a different make and model. Just could not face having another RS on the drive for the next while and I did not 100% want this one back. Time will tell if I go back to them - awesome car, best car I have had, but having had this occur, its not something I want a repeat of. Still waking up at the slightest noise and if the dog barks in the night well thats a nightmare.....

The CCTV, Security lights and alarm will help, all things I never thought we would need, but such are the times we seem to live in.
Just curious....did you get the choice of not having the car back?. This happened to us and were told the damage was not great enough.
Vossen Wheels | HRE Wheels | ADV.1 Wheels | Forgeline | Miltek | iPE Exhausts | Akrapovic

www.PrestigeWheelCentre.co.uk

Facebook Page | Instagram Page | Gallery Images

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:47 am

prestigewheelcentre wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:32 am
mikeyw wrote:
So, car has gone - Insurance company have settled as a 'total loss' and i'm now in a different make and model. Just could not face having another RS on the drive for the next while and I did not 100% want this one back. Time will tell if I go back to them - awesome car, best car I have had, but having had this occur, its not something I want a repeat of. Still waking up at the slightest noise and if the dog barks in the night well thats a nightmare.....

The CCTV, Security lights and alarm will help, all things I never thought we would need, but such are the times we seem to live in.
Just curious....did you get the choice of not having the car back?. This happened to us and were told the damage was not great enough.
Your RS6 was stolen?

mikeyw
2nd Gear

Post by mikeyw » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:53 pm

prestigewheelcentre wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:32 am
mikeyw wrote:

I told the insurance company that we did not want the car back. The damage was extensive but interior only and would have been repairable. Hats off to NFU, they were totally brilliant throughout the process. Hugely helpful, very understanding and provided the outcome we requested.

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”