TD1 code

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
Eddie555
Cruising

Re: TD1 code

Post by Eddie555 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:30 pm

FinlandRS6C7 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:23 pm
bam_bam wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:17 pm
FinlandRS6C7 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:05 pm

I just said that i dont sell nothing. But If? Then you car is must be stock. This tool have to made every cars own data. If you get out every data in your car the answer is yes i can sell. My frend can made this tool. Then you can remapped your car. And if you some day want to take off this tune you have to send data your car when it is mapped.

Then we can made this software in this tool.
So if I want to use this tool I have to buy it... so you are SELLING something.

Bit of a pointless tool. You'd need to use it everytime the car went into a Stealer, then put your remap back on after the car comes back.
😂jesus. Do you realy think that regular oil service or prakepads service they ”found” your tune or check you car if its remapped. No they dont.
Actually YES they do. Every time your car enters the workshop, regardless of whatever the job is, The car is plugged up to the computer and information is sent straight to Audi HQ. Data is then checked and flagged accordingly. This procedure was implemented early 2016.FACT
Current ride’s
Q7 Floret Silver Black Edition On 22’s (2018)
Renault Clio 172 Cup. (Babe the track pig)

Previous rides
SQ5 Glacier white( 2016 65reg)
RS6 avant C7 Daytona Grey 2015 facelift. The one I waved goodbye to!!
2013: Q7 3.0 tdi s/line plus ibis white (13reg)
2012: S5 cabriolet glacier white (62 reg)
2011: RS4 saloon B7. Avus (57 reg)

Tadass910
5th Gear

Post by Tadass910 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:55 pm

bam_bam wrote:
FinlandRS6C7 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:05 pm
bam_bam wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:57 pm
What OBD tool? Can you sell it to us...
I just said that i dont sell nothing. But If? Then you car is must be stock. This tool have to made every cars own data. If you get out every data in your car the answer is yes i can sell. My frend can made this tool. Then you can remapped your car. And if you some day want to take off this tune you have to send data your car when it is mapped.

Then we can made this software in this tool.

Bit of a pointless tool. You'd need to use it everytime the car went into a Stealer, then put your remap back on after the car comes back.
Maybe he is a new business man who wants to sell something that was not invented by anyone yet :lol:

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:18 am

But it's an invention that won't work as he says it will.
A Stealer won't know (or care) if the car is blackband until a warranty issue arises. So you'll be buying a 'product' that will 'work' until you have a warranty claim. An Audi Stealer will continue to take your money servicing your car etc but when a warranty is sent for approval, Audi head office will have a flag against the VIN - TD1. Warranty terms revoked due to TDx - customer must pay for repairs.
For this 'product' to work, it will need to replace a car's remapped ECU ROM image to its OEM state, with exactly the same file hash it had when it left the factory. Then, once work at Audi is complete, the remap may be reapplied. This procedure must occur before the car goes into an Audi Stealer... does seem practical?
No matter where you go, there you are.

bn8959
3rd Gear

Post by bn8959 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:36 pm

Audi can detect that anyway, the ECU has a non-editable register that counts the number of times the ECU firmware has been written to (flashed). So even if you revert it, they know that it was previously altered outside of the Audi network (as they will record whenever it is officially updated, so everything can tally).
2016 C7 RS6 - Panther Black
Previous:
2008 B7 RS4 Avant, Phantom Black

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:02 pm

But FinlandRS6C7 said the tool will work and Audi can't detect it!?
No matter where you go, there you are.

Paulm
Top Gear

Post by Paulm » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:33 am

I guess he is speaking about Kess and other tuning platforms that have released a CVN fix. Supposed to hide the map changes. When they plug in their diagnostics it will look stock. Obviously if they look for checksum changes this will still flag the map up I guess?? I dont really keep up with mapping anymore (other than my own car) so not sure if this works or not.
BMW 540i
2018 GTR
F90 M5
X3MC
RS3 Saloon
RS7 FL best car I've owned. No faith in turbo oil screen (turbos failing) or sticking oil scraper ring causing missfires.
F10 M5 LCI still no rear grip lol
S7 black Edition Too big and heavy
S3 8V FL DSG 310ps, road noise is a joke
RS3 8P Rubbish
C7 RS6 Fantastic car but missed playing
GTR R35 800bhp, too extreme, crazy fast though
911 Turbo Remapped. Hated it
F10 M5, awesome but no rear grip
RS6 V10 700BHP crazy
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S 600bhp

bhprs4
Neutral

Post by bhprs4 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:18 pm

Eddie555 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:30 pm
FinlandRS6C7 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:23 pm
bam_bam wrote:

😂jesus. Do you realy think that regular oil service or prakepads service they ”found” your tune or check you car if its remapped. No they dont.
Actually YES they do. Every time your car enters the workshop, regardless of whatever the job is, The car is plugged up to the computer and information is sent straight to Audi HQ. Data is then checked and flagged accordingly. This procedure was implemented early 2016.FACT
That’s not entirely correct (at least at the main Audi dealer in NZ).
When the tech plugs into the OBD port it doesn’t automatically compare the ECU data from Audi Germany. The tech needs to enter their login and password and select the data is send for comparison. It then sends back whether it’s a match with no identified changes and ok or that it doesn’t match and adds the TD1 flag to the vehicles vin number that can’t be removed.
Even though its not an automatic check their procedures are to do the check for any warranty work regardless what it is, scheduled services for software updates etc and when the vehicle is traded in. So pretty much any time it goes in anyway.
09 C6 RS6 Black Saloon-stg 2 ECU and Gearbox map, secondary cat deletes, ITG filters, AP 390 brake discs.

alexrs6plus
2nd Gear

Post by alexrs6plus » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:18 pm

What happens in a case that an ecu gets fried like a computer motherboard? Can they still check values on said ecu if it is not recoverable?

Just out of curiosity as I don't have any intentions of mapping my car.

bhprs4
Neutral

Post by bhprs4 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:19 pm

Paulm wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:33 am
I guess he is speaking about Kess and other tuning platforms that have released a CVN fix. Supposed to hide the map changes. When they plug in their diagnostics it will look stock. Obviously if they look for checksum changes this will still flag the map up I guess?? I dont really keep up with mapping anymore (other than my own car) so not sure if this works or not.
Yes the major software tooling for reading and writing to the ECU like Alientech Kess, CMD etc now have a CVN (calibration verification number) fix for VAG and BMW. When you do the flash of the modified file it’s supposed to compare the modified file to the original file and mask any changes. So when Audi do the comparison it will show as still having the unaltered factory software and be ok.
For VAG it won’t solve the flash count change if they send the ecu to Audi Germany, but the tooling can reset the flash count on certain BMW ecu’s.
Weather it’s 100% full proof I’m not sure. I think if you do a remap you should still prepare yourself for Audi denying your claim.
09 C6 RS6 Black Saloon-stg 2 ECU and Gearbox map, secondary cat deletes, ITG filters, AP 390 brake discs.

FinlandRS6C7
1st Gear

Post by FinlandRS6C7 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:21 pm

Use googel translater

Kun auto on vakio täytyy ennen mitään muutoksia kaikki auton softa ottaa autosta ulos. Sen jälkeen se asennetaan tähän obd laitteeseen. Sen jälkeen auto voidaan ohjelmoida eli eli tehdä tehonlisäys. Kun auto viedään huoltoon. Niin tämä obd laite laitetaan obd pistokkeeseen ja noin 5 minuuttia niin tämä laite muuttaa auton täysin vakio kokoonpanoonsa. Ja ecu laskee kyllä kerrat koska sitä on koodattu tai tehty muutoksia. Mutta tämä laite nollaa ne laskurit ka td1 koodia ei ole enää autossa. Se ei piilota sitä mitenkään vaan se muuttaa kaiken siihen muotoon kaikkien ecujen suhteen mitä autossa on. Vas onnline laitteella tämä on kokeiltu ihan suomen paikallisella valtakunnallisella audin merkki korjaamolla. Ja mikään diagnostiikka laite ei näytä että autossa olisi koskaan ollut mitään tehonlisäys ohjelmaa vaan kaikki asetukset ovat samat kun tehtaalta lähtiessä.

T. Veli

FinlandRS6C7
1st Gear

Post by FinlandRS6C7 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:22 pm

FinlandRS6C7 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:21 pm
Use google translater

Kun auto on vakio täytyy ennen mitään muutoksia kaikki auton softa ottaa autosta ulos. Sen jälkeen se asennetaan tähän obd laitteeseen. Sen jälkeen auto voidaan ohjelmoida eli eli tehdä tehonlisäys. Kun auto viedään huoltoon. Niin tämä obd laite laitetaan obd pistokkeeseen ja noin 5 minuuttia niin tämä laite muuttaa auton täysin vakio kokoonpanoonsa. Ja ecu laskee kyllä kerrat koska sitä on koodattu tai tehty muutoksia. Mutta tämä laite nollaa ne laskurit ka td1 koodia ei ole enää autossa. Se ei piilota sitä mitenkään vaan se muuttaa kaiken siihen muotoon kaikkien ecujen suhteen mitä autossa on. Vas onnline laitteella tämä on kokeiltu ihan suomen paikallisella valtakunnallisella audin merkki korjaamolla. Ja mikään diagnostiikka laite ei näytä että autossa olisi koskaan ollut mitään tehonlisäys ohjelmaa vaan kaikki asetukset ovat samat kun tehtaalta lähtiessä.

T. Veli

Daveperc
Cruising

Post by Daveperc » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:21 pm

From Google translate:

When the car is standard it is necessary before any changes to the car softa to take out the car. Then it is installed in this obd device. After that, the car can be programmed, that is to say, to increase the power. When the car is taken to service. So this obd device is placed on the obd plug and for about 5 minutes then this unit will change the car to its fully standard configuration. And the ECU counts yes, because it has been tagged or modified. But this device resets the counters ka td1 code is no longer in the car. It will not hide it in any way but it will change everything in the shape of all the ecus in the car. With your Onnline device this has been tried by a local Finnish brand Audi brand repair Shop. And no diagnostic device does show that the car would have ever had any power boost program but all the settings are the same when you leave the factory.

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:25 pm

FinlandRS6C7 wrote:
Use googel translater

T. Veli
Olisi järkevämpää, jos käytit Google-kääntäjää.

Kippis :thumbs:

Paulm
Top Gear

Post by Paulm » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:43 pm

bhprs4 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:19 pm
Paulm wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:33 am
Yes the major software tooling for reading and writing to the ECU like Alientech Kess, CMD etc now have a CVN (calibration verification number) fix for VAG and BMW. When you do the flash of the modified file it’s supposed to compare the modified file to the original file and mask any changes. So when Audi do the comparison it will show as still having the unaltered factory software and be ok.
For VAG it won’t solve the flash count change if they send the ecu to Audi Germany, but the tooling can reset the flash count on certain BMW ecu’s.
Weather it’s 100% full proof I’m not sure. I think if you do a remap you should still prepare yourself for Audi denying your claim.
Flash count is easy. Checksum is impossible. The ecu must have a checksum. If it’s mapped the sum will change. I guess because there are some many different checksums the software does not know what is correct unless checked manually.

I might try it with my car and report back. I don’t care lol
BMW 540i
2018 GTR
F90 M5
X3MC
RS3 Saloon
RS7 FL best car I've owned. No faith in turbo oil screen (turbos failing) or sticking oil scraper ring causing missfires.
F10 M5 LCI still no rear grip lol
S7 black Edition Too big and heavy
S3 8V FL DSG 310ps, road noise is a joke
RS3 8P Rubbish
C7 RS6 Fantastic car but missed playing
GTR R35 800bhp, too extreme, crazy fast though
911 Turbo Remapped. Hated it
F10 M5, awesome but no rear grip
RS6 V10 700BHP crazy
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S 600bhp

FinlandRS6C7
1st Gear

Post by FinlandRS6C7 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:18 pm

FrazerD wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:25 pm
FinlandRS6C7 wrote:
Use googel translater

T. Veli
Olisi järkevämpää, jos käytit Google-kääntäjää.

Kippis :thumbs:
En minä käyttänyt. Kirjoitin ihan suomeksi.
Sorry but maybe there where you live cant do this but there in fin ”we” can. And people where in moon 1969
But cant do audi like this. But you belive or not. When i took my car next service i take video all this and put it in internet.

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”