Iphone X No messages or Emails

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
bigchunk
Neutral

Iphone X No messages or Emails

Post by bigchunk » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:37 am

Hi, got a C7.5 S6 and wondering if anyone else has had this issue, Just got an IPhone X and I cant get text messages or emails on my mmi with it, either via Bluetooth or with the usb connected. it does show the messages folder but when I click on it its empty and no access to emails or text messages that are on the phone.
I had the Samsung galaxy S6, S7 and S8 before all connected and never had any issues with the messages function.
tried all the hints and tips I can find on the net like reset mmi, disconnect/forget the phone and reconnect again but not getting anywhere?

Markp
5th Gear

Re: Iphone X No messages or Emails

Post by Markp » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:22 am

Was told by my dealer something like "Your MMI doesn't support some of the features in the latest iPhone - and no upgrade available from Audi end." So stuck with iPhone 7.

bigchunk
Neutral

Post by bigchunk » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:30 am

Thanks for the reply Mark, had come across a couple of comments like that but was hoping they were incorrect. looks like I might need to look into the smartphone interface retrofit, or back to my Galaxy S8. Quite shocking though, car only 2 years old and already the mmi system is obsolete.

Markp
5th Gear

Post by Markp » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:47 am

bigchunk wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:30 am
Thanks for the reply Mark, had come across a couple of comments like that but was hoping they were incorrect. looks like I might need to look into the smartphone interface retrofit, or back to my Galaxy S8. Quite shocking though, car only 2 years old and already the mmi system is obsolete.
Apple may have a fix. To be fair to Audi, the tech is 3 years old and tricky to predict who is going to bringing out what further down the line. Perhaps more shocking is that the IPhone doesn’t work with the Audi, but then Apple have form here.

HDPete
3rd Gear

Post by HDPete » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:59 am

I think you need to go into Settings / Bluetooth on the phone and turn on notifications. Something like that. I had the same after changing phones.

Settings / Bluetooth / i icon next to MMI device
Turn on Shiw Notifications

bigchunk
Neutral

Post by bigchunk » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:07 am

Yeah, good point on Apple, not the first time they have decided to do their own thing, had been away from an IPhone for a good few years too, just fancied a change as I also just recently got a MacBook pro and thought they might hook up to one another quite well, they do but not as well as I thought they would. Think the best bet might be to go back to Samsung!

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”