RS6 (C7) lowering nightmare

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
finance-nick
1st Gear

RS6 (C7) lowering nightmare

Post by finance-nick » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:45 am

Apologies if this has already been covered,

Im selling my 800-BHP M5 and just put in an order for a brand new 2018 Nardo Grey Rs6 – very exciting and what an epic car. However the air-suspension is getting the better of me, and the dealers know very little…

If I wanted it lowered by 20mm how would I do this?

Im told the following:

-suspension can be remapped?
-the Audi dealer may be able to do it?
-I can buy a module?

BUT have reached brick walls with these 3 options already, can’t find anyone who can help or give me any further info, can you guys tell me what im missing as id like the lowering and spacers done before I even collect it.

FaisalJ
Cruising

Re: RS6 (C7) lowering nightmare

Post by FaisalJ » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:47 am

I’m sure the lowering module has been used by a forum member and mentioned on here - have you done a forum search?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

rtd
Cruising

Post by rtd » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:47 am

Lower module by cete or mtm

Volvo XC90
C7 - RS6
C6 - RS6
B5 - RS4

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:57 am

Yes you can use a lowering module to lower it. Pre facelift car could be lowered using VCDS software but the security code is still unknown for facelift cars.
The other option is to fit links to the level sensors. These are cheap and easy to fit and work well.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:01 am

First one I found on ebay:

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

dasquade
3rd Gear

Post by dasquade » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:40 am

I would suggest the CETE lowering module. I go it on S6 C7 and love it.
Pro's:
*it shouldn't take dealer too much time to install it. It maybe takes 1h for installing. I did it myself (hardest part is getting the canbus cable out). But once installed, it is soo userfriendly and you can still adjust when ever you want over phone.
*compaired to lowering links, you still have controle over the rideheight IN EACH drive select mode. For each mode (comfort - auto - dynamic - efficiency) you can individually set it wanted ride height.
*you can adjust 'per axle', altough it VCDS allows you to recalibrate per wheel.
Con's:
*More expensive then lowering links, but compaired to lowering links you can still manipulate the suspension over app, instead of having to adjust the lowering links.
*altough the suspension is great, keep aware the compressor needs its time and isn't meant to be adjusted in big steps quickly after each other (doing so can result in an error because things getting too warm).

I highly recommand it, once set, one almost never uses the app anymore. You still got your 'raise/lower' MMI option in case you want the car raise for steep situations and using the onboard MMI suspension modes you adjust your required comfort/hardness.

The owner of CETE is a vey nice guy, in case of problems you can instantly contact him and he will do what ever it takes to help you out.
*while you at it, maybe add the CETE exhaust valve module to the basket, also bit expensive but :).

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:13 pm

dasquade wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:40 am
I would suggest the CETE lowering module. I go it on S6 C7 and love it.
Pro's:
*it shouldn't take dealer too much time to install it. It maybe takes 1h for installing. I did it myself (hardest part is getting the canbus cable out). But once installed, it is soo userfriendly and you can still adjust when ever you want over phone.
*compaired to lowering links, you still have controle over the rideheight IN EACH drive select mode. For each mode (comfort - auto - dynamic - efficiency) you can individually set it wanted ride height.
*you can adjust 'per axle', altough it VCDS allows you to recalibrate per wheel.
Con's:
*More expensive then lowering links, but compaired to lowering links you can still manipulate the suspension over app, instead of having to adjust the lowering links.
*altough the suspension is great, keep aware the compressor needs its time and isn't meant to be adjusted in big steps quickly after each other (doing so can result in an error because things getting too warm).

I highly recommand it, once set, one almost never uses the app anymore. You still got your 'raise/lower' MMI option in case you want the car raise for steep situations and using the onboard MMI suspension modes you adjust your required comfort/hardness.

The owner of CETE is a vey nice guy, in case of problems you can instantly contact him and he will do what ever it takes to help you out.
*while you at it, maybe add the CETE exhaust valve module to the basket, also bit expensive but :).
Sounds like the only downside to the links is that you can't adjust using the app, but you say that once set up you rarely use the app so links sound like the best option to me taking into account cost and ease of fitting.
Last edited by MikeFish on Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

finance-nick
1st Gear

Post by finance-nick » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:14 pm

dasquade wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:40 am
You still got your 'raise/lower' MMI option in case you want the car raise for steep situations and using the onboard MMI suspension modes you adjust your required comfort/hardness.
Thanks for this buddy, i heard somewhere else too that you can raise and lower in MMI, what thats for? guessing its only a temporary measure (or for below a certain speed?) if i fit links, can i still adjust it higher and lower in MMI

The confusion continues, but thanks for all the input so far :)

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:36 pm

The links just trick the car into lowering the height. You can still adjust the height using MMI as before so you can get up a steep driveway etc but obviously when at the raised height it will be lower than the normal raised height (by however much you lower it). And I think when you put it in dynamic it is lower than when in comfort.

finance-nick
1st Gear

Post by finance-nick » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:35 pm

So can someone please explain MMI suspension adjust? eg: can i set it to be lower than normal the whole time within the MMI?

rtd
Cruising

Post by rtd » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:37 pm

Yes you can in individual mode or select dynamic. In both these modes it will drop lower than when the car is in comfort.

Volvo XC90
C7 - RS6
C6 - RS6
B5 - RS4

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:28 pm

But also makes the ride firmer.

I don't have air suspension but my understanding is that having the suspension in dynamic puts it in the lowest position. Put it in comfort and it lifts up. Then there is a separate option to raise it for rough ground / steep ramps etc. Am I right rtd?

rtd
Cruising

Post by rtd » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:34 pm

You are indeed Mike.

I have never had to raise my car so far the OEM setting are more than adequate.

And in dynamic mode I must admit it’s not as firm as say DRC was in my old C6.

Volvo XC90
C7 - RS6
C6 - RS6
B5 - RS4

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:21 pm

It's very firm in the C7 cars with DRC too.

finance-nick
1st Gear

Post by finance-nick » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:01 pm

Really appreciate all the answers here, overwhelmed thanks. Decided to get links, cheapest and easiest option - job done !! Now just got to work out if the MRC larger bore 'carbon' air intake pipes are worth £900

]

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”