RS6 Stolen In Solihull (Mother & Baby Inside)

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
HYFR
Cruising

Re: RS6 Stolen In Solihull (Mother & Baby Inside)

Post by HYFR » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:27 am

Don't all new cars come with a sim and a sos button that dials 999

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kmpowell
5th Gear

Post by kmpowell » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:41 am

HYFR wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:27 am

My Range Rover does but to be honest if I had masked & tooled-up scum trying to carjack me when I had my young children in the car, I'm not sure pressing a button which has no visual/audible deterrent would be high on the priority list. :(
'15 B8 RS4 - SOLD

wildbore
4th Gear

Post by wildbore » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:52 am

doodlebug wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:09 am
All Porsche have this from the factory. Partnered with Vodafone. You can remotely track the car and set alerts based upon speed or geofence.
My tracker does both of these functions but it is aftermarket, of course. Does Porsche build the functions into the ECU or just pop a tracker in on the production line? Of course, a tracker deeply buried within the vehicle structure is a long way towards the perfect solution.

doodlebug
Cruising

RS6 Stolen In Solihull (Mother & Baby Inside)

Post by doodlebug » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:52 am

All built in on pork. Dash whinges at you if you don't have tag.

You also get other info such as fuel, mileage, tyre pressures, service info and whether it's locked.

Aresix
Neutral

Post by Aresix » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:58 pm

A couple of Minutes away from where mine was taken.
Poor thing will likely be scarred from this experience and won't be buying anything of the sort again.
I really hope this is the last straw and the authorities step up and really do something about it. Whatever it takes to stop these vile crimes because at the moment these scum are laughing their way to their dealer as it's obvious the police will do little to find them.

Eddie555
Cruising

Post by Eddie555 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:51 pm

It was on BBC news tonight. The women actually fell for the oldest trick in the book. She was bumped in the rear and she got out of the car to look at the damage and that's when a scumbag got in the car and made off. Confirmed it was a C7 Daytona RS6.

Edit. Just asked my Mrs what she would've done. Correct answer!!. Fcuk looking and drive to the police station. That's my girl.
Current ride’s
Q7 Floret Silver Black Edition On 22’s (2018)
Renault Clio 172 Cup. (Babe the track pig)

Previous rides
SQ5 Glacier white( 2016 65reg)
RS6 avant C7 Daytona Grey 2015 facelift. The one I waved goodbye to!!
2013: Q7 3.0 tdi s/line plus ibis white (13reg)
2012: S5 cabriolet glacier white (62 reg)
2011: RS4 saloon B7. Avus (57 reg)

rtd
Cruising

Post by rtd » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:27 pm

The woman was wife to one of the Hartley (car dealer) brothers

Volvo XC90
C7 - RS6
C6 - RS6
B5 - RS4

HYFR
Cruising

Post by HYFR » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:45 pm

kmpowell wrote:
HYFR wrote:

My Range Rover does but to be honest if I had masked & tooled-up scum trying to carjack me when I had my young children in the car, I'm not sure pressing a button which has no visual/audible deterrent would be high on the priority list. :(

?? It's a direct line to 999 via one press of a button and uses the built in hands free and tracks your positioning in order to deploy plod....I'd say it would be number one priority!

kmpowell
5th Gear

Post by kmpowell » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:43 pm

HYFR wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:45 pm
kmpowell wrote:
HYFR wrote:

?? It's a direct line to 999 via one press of a button and uses the built in hands free and tracks your positioning in order to deploy plod....I'd say it would be number one priority!

I know how it works, my point is the masked car-jackers will be totally unaware of what you are doing because there is no audible/visual deterrent, so they will continue trying to get your car, regardless. The hazards & horn don't start going off, you are simply put through the the emergency services like a normal telephone conversation. Response times won't be immediate either, so the car-jackers will be long gone by the time they turn up, and then it's just the normal tracker system being used to follow the car.

I can see how the service could be useful if you are locked in the car driving along whilst being pursued (but in that instance why wouldn't you just dial 999 on your mobile?!?)

But in the situation of the Tom Hartley Jnr's wife, with car-jackers who have access to an open car, it's all pretty pointless and priority would be to safeguard kids.
'15 B8 RS4 - SOLD

Cook
Neutral

Post by Cook » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:47 pm

Tom hartley jnr. His wife

Solihull = Chelmsley Wood scoundrels sniffing about
Cook

Alpina B5 touring e61
Audi RS6 Vorsprung
Lancia Delta Evo2 Blu Swaters
Bmw e30 conv. 3.5 ltr M30
Bmw e30 M3 1989
Porsche 911 Turbo X50 2004
Peugeot 205gti 1.9

anth8910
4th Gear

Post by anth8910 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:05 pm

wildbore wrote:
doodlebug wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:09 am
All Porsche have this from the factory. Partnered with Vodafone. You can remotely track the car and set alerts based upon speed or geofence.
My tracker does both of these functions but it is aftermarket, of course. Does Porsche build the functions into the ECU or just pop a tracker in on the production line? Of course, a tracker deeply buried within the vehicle structure is a long way towards the perfect solution.
Hi Wildbore,
What tracker are you using. I'm interested for my next motor so input would be appreciated. PM me if better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wildbore
4th Gear

Post by wildbore » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:32 pm

anth8910 wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:05 pm

Hi Wildbore,
What tracker are you using. I'm interested for my next motor so input would be appreciated. PM me if better.

Appreciate the thought about PM'ing but I am fine with saying it's a Tracker tracker www.tracker.co.uk. They do various modules and price points. Mine is a GPS and mobile network version that gives me access to their services website from which I can create alert-based geofences, track my car's current position and even check up on my car during and after a visit to the dealership (they disconnect the camera power supply when it goes in for service but happily I can see that they don't then take it for a burn-up). The website keeps a log of all journeys so I can see when it was used, where it went (journeys superimposed on Google Maps) and how long it took (doesn't give me speed data but it provides a pretty comprehensive view of each journey).

The fitter who did mine was great. He spent at least two hours fitting it and had half the car apart to make sure the aerials were optimally positioned and the unit was thoroughly buried. After he had gone I couldn't find a trace of it - not even how it was powered (no evidence of a tap into either wiring centre on the dashboard ends).

anth8910
4th Gear

Post by anth8910 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:01 am

wildbore wrote:
anth8910 wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:05 pm

Hi Wildbore,

Appreciate the thought about PM'ing but I am fine with saying it's a Tracker tracker www.tracker.co.uk. They do various modules and price points. Mine is a GPS and mobile network version that gives me access to their services website from which I can create alert-based geofences, track my car's current position and even check up on my car during and after a visit to the dealership (they disconnect the camera power supply when it goes in for service but happily I can see that they don't then take it for a burn-up). The website keeps a log of all journeys so I can see when it was used, where it went (journeys superimposed on Google Maps) and how long it took (doesn't give me speed data but it provides a pretty comprehensive view of each journey).

The fitter who did mine was great. He spent at least two hours fitting it and had half the car apart to make sure the aerials were optimally positioned and the unit was thoroughly buried. After he had gone I couldn't find a trace of it - not even how it was powered (no evidence of a tap into either wiring centre on the dashboard ends).
Thanks for that. Glad it doesn't show speed data for those private roads that might be misinterpreted as public roads for anyone looking.

Mattmeyler19
1st Gear

Post by Mattmeyler19 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:06 am

Just a quick one, for those concerned about keyless, arseholes being able to start your car, pinch it etc... I've just had an immobiliser called a Ghost fitted.. it's supplied and fitted by auto watch. Essentially every single time I get into my car I have to enter my code into either the steering wheel, centre console or any where else I choose to have my code programmed... without this car it's impossible to start the car.

If a thief comes along breaks into your house and gets your keys, he can go out to the car with the keys and the car will start, tick over a couple of times and as such wake My whole street up then cut straight out, after that the ignition will be on but the car will not start... whilst I've been getting used to it I've been sat at petrol stations for 5 mins trying to start my RS6 but it's worth it in my opinion, amazing how quickly you get used to doing it.

We are experiencing a number of sporty car thefts in my area at the moment and the confidence I have in this thing helps me sleep at night.

Just a thought.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:07 am

Sounds similar to the Clifford's blackjax that will let them drive a few minutes before cutting out and the siren goes off and lights start flashing to hopefully make them run and be a safe distance away from you. Unfortunately it still doesn't stop them jumping the wife and kids at a set if traffic lights or deliberate shunt etc.

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”