RS6 Stolen In Solihull (Mother & Baby Inside)

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
Markp
5th Gear

Re: RS6 Stolen In Solihull (Mother & Baby Inside)

Post by Markp » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:36 pm

Bit_evl wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:16 pm
Having been on the pointy end of this I have kept my trap shut up to now but I won't any longer.
Fit an anchor if you like, big heavy one from a large boat for all I care. They have proven they are willing to kill to do it.
The more obstacles that you present the more time and risk will jack them up and make them more desperate and dangerous.

Let them take the thing. You know - unless you are a monster and think your wife and child are worth putting at risk for a hunk of insured metal. Or like the bloke in Manchester you are willing to die trying to stop them taking it and leave your wife and child parent less. The rest is willy waving. They clearly don't value their own lives that highly or they would get a real job like a real human. You are part of the acceptable risk so understand where this puts you and unless you are very very competent in stress situation keep tight eye contact, keep your hands clear and open to avoid panicking them and walk backwards keeping eye contact.

Make certain you have discussed the scenario with your insurance company (car and I am sad to say life insurance) so you know what they will pony up for if it does happen and if necessary change your insurance if you don't like it. The less you pay the less they are likely to pay out. Some policies will offer a new for old up to 12 months for example. Assumption is the tool of all idiots.

Some life insurance will not pay out if you take on an attacker. You are considered to have placed your life in harms way and so they take a dim view. Work it out.

Sorry if this sounds negative but I had to deal with two tossers in my home at 3 in the morning and after watching how it made my wife feel I don't want anyone else to suffer.

If you want a car like this be prepared to adapt to all its strengths and issues.
Someone has decided that RS6 are targets. Not our fault but is our problem.

Oh and you are right about the plod. It is time for some serious sting operations but they don't seem to give a toss.
Call you MP and give them some sh_t.
Ask them if you can park your RS6 on their front drive for a few weeks and put a sign outside. Keys in lounge table.
Well put.

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”