Warning to all RS6 buyers - don't buy this car RF65WTE

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
RSllama
Neutral

Warning to all RS6 buyers - don't buy this car RF65WTE

Post by RSllama » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:31 pm

I bought this car new in December 2015, fully loaded (about £97k). It was my dream car in panther black with black interior and polished alloys. The car developed over 24 faults including the knocking DRCs (first day), fog mode, crash mitigation, paint defect on sill, complete brake failure, MMI, CD changer, DAB radio, etc. etc. All faults were known by Audi who at first tried to ignore it then deny it. After that they admitted they could not fix it and then ran away saying they could not support me. Well done Audi Executive Office, great customer service.

After 7 months I had enough and rejected the car in July 2016 on safety grounds. The car was downright dangerous as the crash mitigation system was faulty. The radar/camera would think the car was going to crash and it would go into lock down and then perform an emergency stop. As a driver you have no way of over-riding the system. It did this 3 times and each time no fault code was provided so the dealer would say there was no fault. The problem is the system does not provide data, the only way you know it is working or not is once you have had the accident! Yes the master tech really did tell me that. The last time it operated for no apparent reason I was on a duel carriageway in the outside lane doing 70MPH with my family in the car, as to how the car behind me did not pile into the back of me is a miracle.

Audi and VWFS (finance company) refused to accept my rejection of the car in July. They at first tried to exchange the car but could not guarantee that the new car would not have the same faults and expected me to wait 6 months for a replacement. There was no other route but to go to the Financial Ombudsman Service. The FOS ruled twice in my favour as VWFS/Audi would not accept their ruling the first time. Sadly all this time I had to pay the finance and maintenance on the car (£12.5K) and this was not recovered but to VWFS credit they did refund the maintenance back on the car. So this car had no more than 4 months use in a year and cost me over £10k. What smarts is that Reading Audi did not tell me about the 30 day rule of rejection and chose to spend the next 10 months messing me about with empty promises, as did Audi. Had they done so when I complained about the DRCs on the first day all the heart ache would have been avoided, let alone the cost and all the time wasted.

To my amazement this car is being retailed by Reading Audi with the blessing of VWFS and Audi. This car was rejected on safety and standards issues. I can't believe that all the issues have been rectified as I know that there are 3 outstanding TPIs on the car and have been since March 2016.

Please, please don't buy this car. There are plenty of others out there without issues. It would not seem right if I did not speak up about this, I do not want anyone else to have the hell that I have had for the past 12 months+. There is nothing wrong with buying a car from Reading Audi, it is just this car-RF65WTE.

If this sounds like bitter grapes, it is not as I have had 57 Audis, most of them RS and S models since the '94/'95 RS2. I love the brand but this car was a lemon and no one wanted to admit it. Buy a RS6 or even better a RS6 performance they are great cars but be mindful of the radar/camera issues, especially if you are going to track it. Im sure there will be a system over-ride when the new model comes along like in the Q5 and Q7 to put everyones mind at rest.
Last edited by RSllama on Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skirs6
5th Gear

Re: Warning to all RS6 buyers - don't buy this car RF65NFC

Post by skirs6 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:39 pm

Wow that's unfortunate mate . 57 Audis ??? How old are you 200 !!!!!

RSllama
Neutral

Re: Warning to all RS6 buyers - don't buy this car RF65WTE

Post by RSllama » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:43 pm

Just had too many since 1989. At one point was running 10! Now down to the B5 RS4.

Pgj0hns0n
2nd Gear

Post by Pgj0hns0n » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:50 pm

Could someone post this on Facebook?

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:10 am

Pgj0hns0n wrote:Could someone post this on Facebook?
Oh ok, I'll just post it on the main log in page. I'll drop it on my status update too, that should do it.
No matter where you go, there you are.

Eddie555
Cruising

Post by Eddie555 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:11 am

bam_bam wrote:
Oh ok, I'll just post it on the main log in page. I'll drop it on my status update too, that should do it.
Don't be silly who's gonna see that. Apart from your dogging mates.
Current ride’s
Q7 Floret Silver Black Edition On 22’s (2018)
Renault Clio 172 Cup. (Babe the track pig)

Previous rides
SQ5 Glacier white( 2016 65reg)
RS6 avant C7 Daytona Grey 2015 facelift. The one I waved goodbye to!!
2013: Q7 3.0 tdi s/line plus ibis white (13reg)
2012: S5 cabriolet glacier white (62 reg)
2011: RS4 saloon B7. Avus (57 reg)

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:22 am

Eddie555 wrote:
bam_bam wrote:
Don't be silly who's gonna see that. Apart from your dogging mates.
Exactly.
No matter where you go, there you are.

Pgj0hns0n
2nd Gear

Post by Pgj0hns0n » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:51 am

Try intagram then if you want to avoid doggers. Add #audirs6 and it will get plenty of views.

W8PMC
Cruising

Post by W8PMC » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:26 am

Sorry to hear of your woes. Sounds like very poor Customer Service & i'd be looking at every way possible to mitigate your losses.

The 30day rejection scenario surprises me as i've never heard of this & certainly isn't the case with BMW as i rejected my first F10 M5 after around 5mths of usage & the problems do not sound to be on the same scale as yours & with less of a danger factor. It was however obvious the dealer network were unable to diagnose the problem after 2 attempts to fix, so I stated to BMW UK that if the fault arose again after the 2nd fix attempt then i'd be rejecting the car & to their credit they started the rejection process within minutes of my call to BMW Recovery after the 3rd breakdown.

They also put me in a similar value courtesy car while the replacement car was being built, credited 2 months Contract Hire payments & applied £3k of extras to the replacement car. Although their communication was woeful post rejection & i had to keep chasing for updates, the service & what they offered i had no complaint with. They're also crediting the last 2 payments on the current car as i stated i was a little put out having to in reality have the M5 for 43 months when i only signed originally for 36mths as when the replacement arrive i signed a fresh 36mth agreement (i should have realised this at the time), but i loved the car & didn't really think about it until recently when i decided i wanted something different, so again BMW stepped up without any pressure & went as far as i'm concerned above & beyond as the next car's not going to be a BMW.

I hope you get everything sorted, but my point in the above is i don't believe a 30day rejection time limit exists as i rejected my M5 at 5mths old with around 6k miles on it & had no push back from BMW.
Paul
03 Black AmD Stage3 C5 RS6 Saloon (Sold)
05 Blue DMS E60 M5 (Sold)
07 Blue DMS B7 RS4 Saloon (Sold)
10 White Nissan R35 GT-R Premium Edition SVM Stage 4 (Sold)
12 White D4 A8 TDi SE Executive (Sold)
14 Grey LCi F10 M5 (Rejected)
14 Blue DMS Stage 2 LCi F10 M5 (Sold)
17 Grey FFRR Autobiography (Rejected)
17 Black D4 A8 TDi Black Edition (Sold)
18 White APR Stage 2 Golf R 7.5 Estate

RSllama
Neutral

Post by RSllama » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:26 pm

W8PMC wrote:Sorry to hear of your woes. Sounds like very poor Customer Service & i'd be looking at every way possible to mitigate your losses.

The 30day rejection scenario surprises me as i've never heard of this & certainly isn't the case with BMW as i rejected my first F10 M5 after around 5mths of usage & the problems do not sound to be on the same scale as yours & with less of a danger factor. It was however obvious the dealer network were unable to diagnose the problem after 2 attempts to fix, so I stated to BMW UK that if the fault arose again after the 2nd fix attempt then i'd be rejecting the car & to their credit they started the rejection process within minutes of my call to BMW Recovery after the 3rd breakdown.

They also put me in a similar value courtesy car while the replacement car was being built, credited 2 months Contract Hire payments & applied £3k of extras to the replacement car. Although their communication was woeful post rejection & i had to keep chasing for updates, the service & what they offered i had no complaint with. They're also crediting the last 2 payments on the current car as i stated i was a little put out having to in reality have the M5 for 43 months when i only signed originally for 36mths as when the replacement arrive i signed a fresh 36mth agreement (i should have realised this at the time), but i loved the car & didn't really think about it until recently when i decided i wanted something different, so again BMW stepped up without any pressure & went as far as i'm concerned above & beyond as the next car's not going to be a BMW.

I hope you get everything sorted, but my point in the above is i don't believe a 30day rejection time limit exists as i rejected my M5 at 5mths old with around 6k miles on it & had no push back from BMW.
Thanks for this. It sounded like a bad situation turned good with BMW. Sadly Audi don't play like this and now have a culture in Customer Services to blame everyone else and then save their own job when it goes wrong. It is just starting to come out with Dieselgate.

The 30 day rule is part of the revised Consumer Rights Act 2015 which states that a consumer can reject the goods within 30 days for whatever reason and without attempt of repair by the retailer. After that period the goods need to have only 1 attempt at repair before the consumer has the right to rejection if the repair is unsuccessful.

In this circumstance the retailer used the Christmas period to prolong the attempted repair and did not notify me of my rights to rejection. I bought car on 11/12/15, notified of DRC knocking and mismatched interior on 12/12/15, dealer saw car on 13/1/16 and agreed DRCs faulty and incorrect stitching interior. Whilst no law was broken they did not come clean about my rights until well after the 30 days and then used Audi Executive Office to drag it out until August where AEO finally admitted that the proposed fix would not work (DRCs). This was even after they assured me that the modified part would solve the knocking and that the parts would be on my car mid June - the parts were supplied and fitted in September, after I had rejected the car.

There is so much rubbish that went on I shall spare you all the details. Needless to say if you have faulty or misdescribed goods the revised law protects the consumer with even greater security than before but it is time related to 30 days, 6 months and then 1 year.

I'm glad things worked out for you.

kmpowell
5th Gear

Post by kmpowell » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:10 pm

Nothing to see here...

RF65WTE
RF65 WTE
RF 65 WTE

RS6
RS6PE
RS6 PE
RS6 Performance Edition
RS6 Performance Edition

RF65WTE
RF65 WTE
RF 65 WTE

Audi RS6
Audi RS6PE
Audi RS6 PE
Audi RS6 Performance Edition

RF65WTE
RF65 WTE
RF 65 WTE

Reading Audi Audi RS6 Performance Edition RF65WTE RF65 WTE RF 65 WTE

Sytner Reading Audi Audi RS6 Performance Edition RF65WTE RF65 WTE RF 65 WTE

Reading Audi
Reading Audi Sytner
Sytner Audi Reading

:roll:
'15 B8 RS4 - SOLD

RSllama
Neutral

Post by RSllama » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:08 pm

kmpowell wrote:Nothing to see here...

RF65WTE
RF65 WTE
RF 65 WTE

RS6
RS6PE
RS6 PE
RS6 Performance Edition
RS6 Performance Edition

RF65WTE
RF65 WTE
RF 65 WTE

Audi RS6
Audi RS6PE
Audi RS6 PE

RF65WTE
RF65 WTE
RF 65 WTE

Reading Audi Audi RS6 Performance Edition RF65WTE RF65 WTE RF 65 WTE

Sytner Reading Audi Audi RS6 Performance Edition RF65WTE RF65 WTE RF 65 WTE

Reading Audi
Reading Audi Sytner
Sytner Audi Reading

:roll:
It is showing as panther black RS6 2015 £68,500.00 - details to follow on Reading Audi site.

Bit_evl
3rd Gear

Post by Bit_evl » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:09 pm

Saw it on the forecourt when I went in the other day.
Makes you wonder.

Perhaps the dealership manager should be made to drive it for a couple of weeks.
You know, just to make certain.

PSB1
4th Gear

Post by PSB1 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:14 pm

Priced it very sheepishly haven't they!

Although they're my local stealer, I'll never buy from sytner!
Current 2017 991.2 GT3 - Manual, 918 Buckets / CS pack, Guards, the dog's.
Gone 2016 991.1 GTS PTS Voodoo Blue - best car to date, 2015 911.1 GTS, Carmine, PDK, interior pack, stunning, 2016 Carmine Cayman GTS, PDK + toys, 2015 RS5 Cab, 2012 Discovery 4 family wagon, 2014 Golf R, 2015 Cayman GTS, 2014 RS4, Sepang with most of the toys, SQ5, S4, S5, A5, A6.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:24 pm

RSllama wrote: After 7 months I had enough and rejected the car in July 2016 on safety grounds. The car was downright dangerous as the crash mitigation system was faulty. The radar/camera would think the car was going to crash and it would go into lock down and then perform an emergency stop. As a driver you have no way of over-riding the system.
As I stated in the other thread and posted a photo of my MMI, I'm pretty sure the crash mitigation you are talking about is the Braking Guard that comes only with the Assistance Package. And my MMI has an option under the Braking Guard heading called System which I can turn on an off. Just thought I'd reitterate in case anyone else reading this finds their car carrying out emergency braking for no reason then to look in their menu and see if they have this option and try turning it off.

I assume whne it happened to you, you got the brake guard warning on the dash? Just wondering if it was the brake guard activating or the brake assist coming on.

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”