Stage 2 GTR

Nissan (Skyline) GT-R
535dboy
Top Gear

Re: Stage 2 GTR

Post by 535dboy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:02 am

It is my friend that was driving the hulk in that video - the only person with big enough balls to do that sort of speed in the wet!!!!

His car is being built to out do the F mans mentioned in the thread and he may get it back soon, only a year so far!!

His uncles was one of the others referred to in that thread.
Currently :
2019 Porsche 992S (£21k of extra toys)
2019 Porsche Macan S (£18k of extra toys)
2015 Lotus Exige V6 ( c430bhp)
2019 Seat Ibiza excellence Lux! (115bhp, 3 cyl, dsg)
1987 Porsche 928S4
1967 Jaaag Mk2 3.4

Ex
2017 AMG E class wagon
2012 Audi RS4 (B8)
2012 Porsche Boxster S (981)

W8PMC
Cruising

Post by W8PMC » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:01 pm

535dboy wrote:It is my friend that was driving the hulk in that video - the only person with big enough balls to do that sort of speed in the wet!!!!

His car is being built to out do the F mans mentioned in the thread and he may get it back soon, only a year so far!!

Was that up at Elvington?

Who's car is being built to outdo F Man's car as that's pushing 1400bhp & not aware of Kevan or the team building a bigger power car at the moment.
Paul
03 Black AmD Stage3 C5 RS6 Saloon (Sold)
05 Blue DMS E60 M5 (Sold)
07 Blue DMS B7 RS4 Saloon (Sold)
10 White Nissan R35 GT-R Premium Edition SVM Stage 4 (Sold)
12 White D4 A8 TDi SE Executive (Sold)
14 Grey LCi F10 M5 (Rejected)
14 Blue DMS Stage 2 LCi F10 M5 (Sold)
17 Grey FFRR Autobiography (Rejected)
17 Black D4 A8 TDi Black Edition (Sold)
18 White APR Stage 2 Golf R 7.5 Estate

W8PMC
Cruising

Post by W8PMC » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:06 pm

speedfr38ky wrote:Fair points and evidence, differing results must just depend on the individual cars then. Evotech c6 cars are mapped to over 700bhp but they run restricted torque of 800nm. MRC mapped cars like mine run a lot more nearer 960nm so theres a major difference right there hence a totally different result to the vids posted.
Wow, that's a massive difference in torque. Not well up on the variety of C6 RS6 tuning options as not a car i've investigated. Without sounding like a miserable old git, is that level of torque in an Audi slush box safe? Audi's boxes are not well known for handling huge torque (things may have improved a little) & i had 2 go pop on my C5 RS6 with the 1st being pre any modifications. Had the SMGIII go on my E60 M5 with only a DMS re-map, but again even some stock cars suffered if driven as intended. What's the maximum torque rating for the C6 RS6 gearbox?
Paul

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:08 pm

W8PMC wrote:
speedfr38ky wrote:Fair points and evidence, differing results must just depend on the individual cars then. Evotech c6 cars are mapped to over 700bhp but they run restricted torque of 800nm. MRC mapped cars like mine run a lot more nearer 960nm so theres a major difference right there hence a totally different result to the vids posted.
Wow, that's a massive difference in torque. Not well up on the variety of C6 RS6 tuning options as not a car i've investigated. Without sounding like a miserable old git, is that level of torque in an Audi slush box safe? Audi's boxes are not well known for handling huge torque (things may have improved a little) & i had 2 go pop on my C5 RS6 with the 1st being pre any modifications. Had the SMGIII go on my E60 M5 with only a DMS re-map, but again even some stock cars suffered if driven as intended. What's the maximum torque rating for the C6 RS6 gearbox?
Rumoured to be 1000Nm. The fact that there are a few MRC mapped C6ers kicking about with some miles under their wheels would suggest that the 'box in the C6 RS, just might be a good'un... if only it could shoehorned into a C5.
No matter where you go, there you are.

535dboy
Top Gear

Post by 535dboy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:16 pm

W8PMC wrote:
535dboy wrote:It is my friend that was driving the hulk in that video - the only person with big enough balls to do that sort of speed in the wet!!!!

Who's car is being built to outdo F Man's car as that's pushing 1400bhp & not aware of Kevan or the team building a bigger power car at the moment.
Yup I believe so

Stevieg ( or something like that!)

The tazmanian devil (again something like that!)

You will see that it is an old thread on there because the car is still being prepared. Currently expected before Xmas now.

I am not that techy but it was due to have alpha 12s fitted and now there is something else going on instead now. The spec keeps going up and up and you don't want to know how much has been spent!
Currently :
1987 Porsche 928S4
1967 Jaaag Mk2 3.4

Ex
2017 AMG E class wagon
2012 Audi RS4 (B8)

W8PMC
Cruising

Post by W8PMC » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:56 pm

535dboy wrote:
W8PMC wrote:

Yup I believe so

You will see that it is an old thread on there because the car is still being prepared. Currently expected before Xmas now.

I am not that techy but it was due to have alpha 12s fitted and now there is something else going on instead now. The spec keeps going up and up and you don't want to know how much has been spent!
Was aware of Taz & Stevieg, but the build went quiet a while back (August i think) & it was then expected to be a 1200R (same as The Hulk which i believe is also running Alpha 12's). What's the latest as SVM now have 1 car at 1400 (F Man's) & not aware of anything expected to be North of that power currently in the UK.
Paul

535dboy
Top Gear

Post by 535dboy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:05 pm

W8PMC wrote:
Yup I believe so

Was aware of Taz & Stevieg, but the build went quiet a while back (August i think) & it was then expected to be a 1200R (same as The Hulk which i believe is also running Alpha 12's). What's the latest as SVM now have 1 car at 1400 (F Man's) & not aware of anything expected to be North of that power currently in the UK.[/quote]

Yes it is still progressing! I was actually with Steve on Friday and Amar phoned while I was with him so Steve could log on to the forum to see the RR figures. As I say his uncles car was one of those there.

As to what is happening with it I think it is a bit hush hush but it will arrive with a bang (hopefully not literally!) soon because Steve is keen to get this finished! I know it is awaiting some more parts.....
Currently :
1987 Porsche 928S4
1967 Jaaag Mk2 3.4

Ex
2017 AMG E class wagon
2012 Audi RS4 (B8)

speedfr38ky
2nd Gear

Post by speedfr38ky » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:34 pm

bam_bam wrote:
W8PMC wrote:
Rumoured to be 1000Nm. The fact that there are a few MRC mapped C6ers kicking about with some miles under their wheels would suggest that the 'box in the C6 RS, just might be a good'un... if only it could shoehorned into a C5.
What Bam Bam just said. Its an absolutely massive gb which contributes to the weight of the car proportionally more than the engine. Lots of high mileage mapped cars about no problems. Although id advise a gb oil change every 30K miles, to keep them tickety boo.
P.S. Bam Bam, One of the lads at ADI told me it was you queuing behind me in the black C5 loon to go out on track, (i was in the black c6 avant in front V10 YEA),if id have known id have said hello. Next time.
Quattro in all seasons for Ass Kickin reasons.

Nickyboy
Top Gear

Post by Nickyboy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:50 am

V10 YEA was the best sounding car at ADI to me. Certainly turned a few heads.
2014: 8V S3, Scirocco (mistake)
2013: B8 RS 5, 3.0T S5 coupe, B8 S5 cab - temp, B8 S4 avant
2011: 2.0T FL Octavia VRS
2010: 1.8T Octavia VRS

speedfr38ky
2nd Gear

Post by speedfr38ky » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:34 pm

Nickyboy wrote:V10 YEA was the best sounding car at ADI to me. Certainly turned a few heads.
Glad you liked it. The sound is down to the secondary cat bypass, so It sounds a lot more visceral than just having a milltek catbak. It has also taken a few miles for the car to develop its sound ie. the exhaust settling in after about 10K. The engine only started to give off a fuller sound after about 20K. So it takes a while for these V10's to open up fully.
The lowered number plate setup on the front grill sure gets a lot of attention. Come and say hello next time.

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:51 pm

speedfr38ky wrote:What Bam Bam just said. Its an absolutely massive gb which contributes to the weight of the car proportionally more than the engine. Lots of high mileage mapped cars about no problems. Although id advise a gb oil change every 30K miles, to keep them tickety boo.
P.S. Bam Bam, One of the lads at ADI told me it was you queuing behind me in the black C5 loon to go out on track, (i was in the black c6 avant in front V10 YEA),if id have known id have said hello. Next time.
Yeah, I followed you out in the early morning wet (IIRC). The first corner was a proper anus puckering event, all wheels drifting. A lot of cars went in after two laps and I decided to stay out for 5 more laps but it was very, very slippy with a couple of slides and full lock ups (ABS and TC were off due to fault). It was a lot more fun in the latter dry sessions, it's not a track car, it just needs a lot more muscle and consideration to get it thrown into a good corner position. I still had immense fun and I'd do it again. I'll come track you down at the next meet for a handshake and a chat.
No matter where you go, there you are.

speedfr38ky
2nd Gear

Post by speedfr38ky » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:33 pm

bam_bam wrote:
speedfr38ky wrote:What Bam Bam just said. Its an absolutely massive gb which contributes to the weight of the car proportionally more than the engine. Lots of high mileage mapped cars about no problems. Although id advise a gb oil change every 30K miles, to keep them tickety boo.
Yeah, I followed you out in the early morning wet (IIRC). The first corner was a proper anus puckering event, all wheels drifting. A lot of cars went in after two laps and I decided to stay out for 5 more laps but it was very, very slippy with a couple of slides and full lock ups (ABS and TC were off due to fault). It was a lot more fun in the latter dry sessions, it's not a track car, it just needs a lot more muscle and consideration to get it thrown into a good corner position. I still had immense fun and I'd do it again. I'll come track you down at the next meet for a handshake and a chat.
Remember it well, totally different feel from the greasy track to the dryer track later on, much more fun in the dry. Ur nuts if you had your ABS off as well ! Yep look fwd to catch up next time mate.

W8PMC
Cruising

Post by W8PMC » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:35 am

Brings back memories, CC was the 1st track i ever played on & is where i caught the bug. Was probably about 9yrs ago in my then highly modified C5 RS6 & as per all the heavy Audi's, it handled like a Cruise Ship & that was with uprated springs among many other upgrades:) Was still great fun & lead to a kings ransom being spent on upgrades for all my cars since & god knows how much in my pursuit of Trackday satisfaction :jump_clap:
Paul

speedfr38ky
2nd Gear

Post by speedfr38ky » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:07 pm

W8PMC wrote:Brings back memories, CC was the 1st track i ever played on & is where i caught the bug. Was probably about 9yrs ago in my then highly modified C5 RS6 & as per all the heavy Audi's, it handled like a Cruise Ship & that was with uprated springs among many other upgrades:) Was still great fun & lead to a kings ransom being spent on upgrades for all my cars since & god knows how much in my pursuit of Trackday satisfaction :jump_clap:
ad

CC was the first track i had 2 BIG simultanious shunts in one day racing years ago. Steering column snapped in race one smashed coming onto start finish, then got the car fixed for race two, but the new wishbones had been hollowed out too far down so one of them went coming out of the first chicane before quarry, it hurt my pride more than anything, felt like a right prat! l I was quite tentative at first taking my OWN car out the first lap i must say LOL. :shock:

S4Player
Top Gear

Post by S4Player » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:42 pm

535dboy, your mate was driving the car? Currently building a 1500r conversion and his uncle his one of the highest spec 900's on the road? I went to svm the other day with the view to buying the 900r
1*** hp TTE C6 rs6 saloon and the ultimate WB B5

Return to “Nissan GT-R”