Top Gear

Re: Thieves threaten boy with axe to steal GT-R

Post by 535dboy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:24 pm

Horrible

But a Pulsar?

Isn't that the old hatchback thing they made years ago
Currently :
2019 Porsche 992S (£21k of extra toys)
2019 Porsche Macan S (£18k of extra toys)
2015 Lotus Exige V6 ( c430bhp)
2019 Seat Ibiza excellence Lux! (115bhp, 3 cyl, dsg)
1987 Porsche 928S4
1967 Jaaag Mk2 3.4

Ex
2017 AMG E class wagon
2012 Audi RS4 (B8)
2012 Porsche Boxster S (981)

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:35 pm

That's a mistake. It was a 2009 R35 GT-R.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:35 pm

Wow, I'm surprised how little response this has had on this forum, given that we are prime candidates for this kind of theft, and some of us have even been the targets. This is one of the worst ones I've heard of; an axe held to a 9 year old boys throat to steal a car is absolutely disgusting.

F@tBoyF@t
3rd Gear

Post by F@tBoyF@t » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:30 pm

Hope the little fella is OK now - helluva shock for him.
No car is worth that?
Plenty of jealous/desperate people out there.

Re the police press release - just shows how the errors contained therein percolated into the BBC report - I would have expected better of the pre-eminent UK news service.
It just makes you (wonder) :oops: what else they spew out to us without proper checking?
Last edited by F@tBoyF@t on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"57" RS4 Avus Avant

Nickyboy
Top Gear

Post by Nickyboy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:48 pm

Makes you want to sell the car to prevent something similar happening to your little one(s).

It seems to always be the midlands or Aberdeen.
2014: 8V S3, Scirocco (mistake)
2013: B8 RS 5, 3.0T S5 coupe, B8 S5 cab - temp, B8 S4 avant
2011: 2.0T FL Octavia VRS
2010: 1.8T Octavia VRS

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:36 pm

I have a 9 year old son and live in the midlands (east rather than west) so scary story for me!

DuncS3
Top Gear

Post by DuncS3 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:39 pm

Thats terrible - the guy being interviewed seemed like a decent bloke - it does seem to be the midlands doesnt it...

scaghead
Top Gear

Post by scaghead » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:23 am

Shocking hope the little fella is ok...goes back to the old argument there needs to be a deterrent,for these type of half heads we have in society....the softly softly approach which has been adopted since the eighties, did not work then and certainly ain't now..things that shock now will be the norm in a few years,that has been the sad trend IMO...
All the old bollocks tough on crime tough on the....blah,blah,BLAH...
The only way we will sort things out is going along the lines of Singapore style ..but to right wing for this country..we will just keep listening to the do gooders and keep meandering along staying silent and hoping it won't be us next,but some other poor bastard...
R8 gen1 v10 plus white. Larini clubsport valved zorst.carbon side flicks,and fixed carbon spoiler.
Previous..RS4 Sprint blue loon..milltek non-res valved.revolution carbon air intake kit.cold air feed.carbon clean.MRC stage 2 remap..led interior lights.dectane led rear lights.led drls.Argon carbon oil splitter,race style front splitter,B and C door pillars and engine bottle cover..KW lowering springs.HEL brake lines all round.

fiberoptic
2nd Gear

Post by fiberoptic » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:56 pm

Shocking hope the little fella is ok...goes back to the old argument there needs to be a deterrent,for these type of half heads we have in society....the softly softly approach which has been adopted since the eighties, did not work then and certainly ain't now..things that shock now will be the norm in a few years,that has been the sad trend IMO...
All the old bollocks tough on crime tough on the....blah,blah,BLAH...
The only way we will sort things out is going along the lines of Singapore style ..but to right wing for this country..we will just keep listening to the do gooders and keep meandering along staying silent and hoping it won't be us next,but some other poor bastard...
+1

makes my blood boil. I never allow myself to comment on posts about theft as it might just get me in trouble. unless the laws are changed to favour the victims rather than robbers, the scum will continue doing what they are doing and it could get worse

scaghead
Top Gear

Post by scaghead » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:59 pm

makes my blood boil. I never allow myself to comment on posts about theft as it might just get me in trouble. unless the laws are changed to favour the victims rather than robbers, the scum will continue doing what they are doing and it could get worse[/quote]
That sums it up fella,people are to scared to say do anything..the silent majority..
R8 gen1 v10 plus white. Larini clubsport valved zorst.carbon side flicks,and fixed carbon spoiler.
Previous..RS4 Sprint blue loon..milltek non-res valved.revolution carbon air intake kit.cold air feed.carbon clean.MRC stage 2 remap..led interior lights.dectane led rear lights.led drls.Argon carbon oil splitter,race style front splitter,B and C door pillars and engine bottle cover..KW lowering springs.HEL brake lines all round.

DuncS3
Top Gear

Post by DuncS3 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:02 pm

scaghead wrote: The only way we will sort things out is going along the lines of Singapore style ..but to right wing for this country..we will just keep listening to the do gooders and keep meandering along staying silent and hoping it won't be us next,but some other poor bastard...
I have visited Singapore a couple of times over the last two months, the guys there told me its totally safe "if you punch someone you are going to jail"...that was after they told me to put my chewing gum away :)

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:09 pm

We need tougher punishments. It looks like these **** think they can get away with it (which is probably partly true). We need to toughen up and make th punishment severe enough to stop them coming into our homes and threatening us.

scaghead
Top Gear

Post by scaghead » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:21 pm

Eye for an eye..?as dunc s3 said anything like this happens out there you are severely dealt with...IMO you steal you should have a finger removed, you burgle someone's property(house,etc..)you get a hand chopped off if they do it again the other hand goes.. no need to worry about them trying it again..no matter what the do gooders say,this would reduce crime drastically...

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:30 pm

scaghead wrote:Eye for an eye..?as dunc s3 said anything like this happens out there you are severely dealt with...IMO you steal you should have a finger removed, you burgle someone's property(house,etc..)you get a hand chopped off if they do it again the other hand goes.. no need to worry about them trying it again..no matter what the do gooders say,this would reduce crime drastically...
Yeah none of this 5 time offenders... they'd run out of limbs if they were stupid enough to carry on.

Return to “Nissan GT-R”