Thieves threaten boy with axe to steal GT-R

Nissan (Skyline) GT-R
snowbeast666
Neutral

Post by snowbeast666 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:50 pm

Just seen the way they operate in Iran on theft ( mail online / world affairs )
After taking 4 fingers off with a circular saw they shove the hand in raw iodine. For me they should use Prussic acid but its a start.
RS6 AVANT
I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous

Mr V10
Cruising

Re: Thieves threaten boy with axe to steal GT-R

Post by Mr V10 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:01 pm

Left my RS6 on my grandparents' drive while I was away one weekend, never again. I can't leave the car in clear view on a driveway with without worrying constantly that someone will petrify family members. Unlike my brother in law, the dumb fecker took the keys and spare keys of his S4 with him everytime he went out but left the car on the drive where his one year old son and wife were, car in full view.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753PS, 1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon S-Tronic, Sepang, B&O, Tech Pack w/connect, 19" 5 Arm Wing Alloys, Comfort Pack, LED Light Pack - Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport

adsgreen
Cruising

Post by adsgreen » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:36 pm

DuncS3 wrote:
scaghead wrote: The only way we will sort things out is going along the lines of Singapore style ..but to right wing for this country..we will just keep listening to the do gooders and keep meandering along staying silent and hoping it won't be us next,but some other poor bastard...
I have visited Singapore a couple of times over the last two months, the guys there told me its totally safe "if you punch someone you are going to jail"...that was after they told me to put my chewing gum away :)
Having lived there its a funny ole place.
100% un democratic in any way but... Well... It works.
It's not crime free however everybody knows what will happen if you break the rules and as such most don't.
One US teenager got caught vandalising cars when I was there - 35 public lashes. Bet he didn't do it again!
Even speeding is very very serious - anything over 20mph you'd expect to be doing porridge.
And yes, it's true about chewing gum ;)
The one thing I thought was sensible - when you start a job you can elect which faith's holidays you want off. So for example as a Christian you would prefer Christmas and Easter... As the population is pretty much 25% Christian, 25% Muslim, 25% Buddhist, 25% other it means the country never ever stops. Again... It just works.

The_Coat
4th Gear

Post by The_Coat » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:45 pm

scaghead wrote:Eye for an eye..?as dunc s3 said anything like this happens out there you are severely dealt with...IMO you steal you should have a finger removed, you burgle someone's property(house,etc..)you get a hand chopped off if they do it again the other hand goes.. no need to worry about them trying it again..no matter what the do gooders say,this would reduce crime drastically...
All in favour of this!
RS4 Avant - Misano Red

adsgreen
Cruising

Post by adsgreen » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:25 am

The_Coat wrote:
scaghead wrote:Eye for an eye..?as dunc s3 said anything like this happens out there you are severely dealt with...IMO you steal you should have a finger removed, you burgle someone's property(house,etc..)you get a hand chopped off if they do it again the other hand goes.. no need to worry about them trying it again..no matter what the do gooders say,this would reduce crime drastically...
All in favour of this!
Whilst I agree in principle the only problem with this is that in order to work you need a perfect judicial system to establish guilt. I think removing the hands of an innocent person is quite appalling but the problem is that it would happen.

scaghead
Top Gear

Post by scaghead » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:38 am

Plastic surgery ads...
On a serious note,I now were your coming from ads but its the same argument people have with the death penalty..what happens if you kill the wrong person...things have moved on and forensic science nails people nowadays,which is 100 percent accurate,they can't wriggle out of that one..

If there is any doubt they go to jail...but a majority of the time the scum are caught red handed,or by forensics and even occasionally,by old fashioned police investigation...
I just believe you have to have a deterrent there that would make criminals think twice before they act...one thing is for sure what we have got at the moment defo ain't working...no deterrent and no punishment...
I know it won't happen cause its to barbaric and its like going back in time and all the <beep> the lefties come out with.but the short sharp shock treatment from the eighties which did not work is seen as to dreconeian nowadays....

As said <beep> all will change...you just got to keep moving further away from <beep> areas,keep your head down preying it down happen to you or your family,until we are all living in boats in the North Sea... :biggrin2:
R8 gen1 v10 plus white. Larini clubsport valved zorst.carbon side flicks,and fixed carbon spoiler.
Previous..RS4 Sprint blue loon..milltek non-res valved.revolution carbon air intake kit.cold air feed.carbon clean.MRC stage 2 remap..led interior lights.dectane led rear lights.led drls.Argon carbon oil splitter,race style front splitter,B and C door pillars and engine bottle cover..KW lowering springs.HEL brake lines all round.

adsgreen
Cruising

Post by adsgreen » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:27 am

Forensic isn't anywhere near 100% - watching too much silent witness and csi I suspect ;)
Plenty of cases overturned with apparently 100% forensic.

Personally forensic shouldn't be used as the only factor in determining guilt. All it shows at the best of times is that a possible scenario existed. For example, victims blood on a shirt doesn't mean the owner of the shirt is guilty. Just that the shirt was near the victim at some point in time. Granted, the owner would have to explain it though.
Similarly, what about a murder weapon - if a person is stabbed an my fingerprint is the only one found on the knife does that make me the killer? No - it just means I held that knife at some point.

Forensic stuff is very powerful but it should be in no way in my opinion be the sole determination of guilt.

adsgreen
Cruising

Post by adsgreen » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:29 am

Btw - this is my paragon point of view.
If similar happened to me and I saw an opportunity I'd have no qualms about what I consider to be reasonable force. I'd be jumping up and down on them for at least ten minutes after they stopped moving.

Return to “Nissan GT-R”