I have ordered one of these...

Mercedes-AMG GmbH
Aufrecht Melcher Großaspach (AMG)
Nickyboy
Top Gear

Re: I have ordered one of these...

Post by Nickyboy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:54 pm

D_K wrote:Was at Silverstone today and had a good look around a C63 Coupe Black Series

Now THAT is the daddy!! Wide as you like, proper bad ass.

That's what the C63's should be, as I think that is what the RS ethos in (in terms of looks)

The standard C63, as I said, its nice ... Just not special enough.
I saw one today also in Matt black. Totally blew me away. Awesome.
2014: 8V S3, Scirocco (mistake)
2013: B8 RS 5, 3.0T S5 coupe, B8 S5 cab - temp, B8 S4 avant
2011: 2.0T FL Octavia VRS
2010: 1.8T Octavia VRS

DuncS3
Top Gear

Post by DuncS3 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:23 pm

D_K wrote:Was at Silverstone today and had a good look around a C63 Coupe Black Series

Now THAT is the daddy!! Wide as you like, proper bad ass.

That's what the C63's should be, as I think that is what the RS ethos in (in terms of looks)

The standard C63, as I said, its nice ... Just not special enough.
Black series c63 is awesome - but it's a 100k plus (used) car so not comparable to m3, rs4 etc - would love one.

Dunc

HYFR
Cruising

Post by HYFR » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:32 pm

Yes, but they should have put that body on the std C63 and then I would have bought one!

sakimano
5th Gear

Post by sakimano » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:52 am

D_K wrote:Yes, but they should have put that body on the std C63 and then I would have bought one!
Exactly... And for every one they would have sold to someone like you, 9 people who want performance without all the attention a monster wide body and ludicrous spoiler bring would not have bought one. The c63 is a pretty high volume car.

Now if you would like to see a bit more of a design change to the c63 to differentiate it better from a c350 with an AMG appearance package, I'm with you there. But the black looks mental. It's like chocolate...tastes great for a snack but you wouldn't want to eat it as the main course, every meal of the day.

HYFR
Cruising

Post by HYFR » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:55 am

Completely agree.hence come back to my point.

Audi have 'S' and 'RS' so can go abit more bonkers with the RS (Q3 aside)

But AMG is too subtle IMO

sakimano
5th Gear

Post by sakimano » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:35 pm

D_K wrote:Completely agree.hence come back to my point.

Audi have 'S' and 'RS' so can go abit more bonkers with the RS (Q3 aside)

But AMG is too subtle IMO
Yeah, there needs to be a bigger step from regular to AMG, but somewhere between regular and BLACK

p.s. the new BLACK SLS...I think it looks absurd. Heinous. Looks really bolt on. Although Motor Trend had it in their 'best driver's car 2013' challenge and it CRUSHED the new GTR track edition lap time by a full second. I was shocked. The Viper beat the GTR by a sliver too I believe. The R8 V10 plus was a couple of seconds behind them, but just ahead of the 911 Carrera 4s (991).

chunky79
Cruising

Post by chunky79 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:07 pm

D_K wrote:Yes, but they should have put that body on the std C63 and then I would have bought one!
Projexuk have done this for a customer, looked amazing.
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

DuncS3
Top Gear

Post by DuncS3 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:35 am

if anyone cares, I am 1300 miles into the car now - its run in (that was laborious).

Car is quick - (507 ps, 460 lb/ft) definitely a step up on the M3
handling - turn in is super sharp, steering feel is great - really impressive - some people who haven't driven the c63 Coupe believe it is a barge - no way
traction - not too bad, 1st gear if you floor it you will get wheelspin - rear tyres might be lucky to do 5000 miles (probably less)
noise- the cars USP - for a standard car, the noise doesn't get much better for a car coming out of Germany.
MPG - when pressing on, around 10 mpg - commuting about 15 max but on motorway can get 24
build quality - too many creaks and squeaks

I had the car in the dealers to fix a center console creak/squeak so they gave me a standard C63 saloon as a courtesy car - was a very nice car but I would not have bought one - not a big enough leap over RS4 or M3 but the 507 I have is different to the standard car, in terms of noise, performance and looks.

now just to get to 2000 miles, LSD oil change and then that is run in.

Dunc

barryrs
3rd Gear

Post by barryrs » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:41 am

Mercedes W-S-M have one in the showroom that i was looking at over the weekend; great looking motor Dunc 8)

DuncS3
Top Gear

Post by DuncS3 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:59 am

2800 miles in now - have recently attended a driver training day at Prodrive as I needed to see how the Merc behaved in full on oversteer moments, as I was not too trusting of it as traction is quite limited at this time of year - on the day, as well as circuit work you spend time with low grip surfaces, so a wet straight road (tiles with sprinklers constantly on) - instructor was a guy who had done some of the precision/stunt driving in the Rush movie - anyway car was great, really predictable with traction control fully off.

Still loving the car - It pretty much does what it says - noisy, v. quick and set up right from the oft - there are no buttons to select driving settings - its get in go (you can select auto gearbox mode but nothing for throttle or suspension/steering). The 507 edition also got 5 stars in Evo in the Jan edition.

Finally I went to the surrey rolling road day with Pistonheads over the holidays - here is the dyno chart

Have a good one guys :beerchug:

Return to “Mercedes-AMG”